26/01/2011
VISA ISSUED...
27/01/2011
LANDED..........
29/11/2011
fredrickpedro said:
Dear Ms. *******,
Thank you for your recent e-mail.
Please be advised that it has been deemed necessary that your husband attend a formal interview with an Immigration Officer in London. A time and date have yet to be arranged. Mr.****** will be contacted once a schedule for interviews has been organized.

Your continued patience is appreciated.

This is the exact response I received about my wife when I asked about our application status. We have since sent in 250 page update some of the things included; 8 months of phone records, two additional trips reports (receipts, pictures, tickets, etc.), Our Church Marriage Under God (Only had a Civil marriage when we filed.) Tons of Postcards, cards, mails, sms’s between ourselves and family, financial statements showing her using our joint credit cards there while I use them here. Gifts, Really a lot of extra stuff. So hopefully that will help eliminate the need for an interview.

This whole process has been very hard on us, but we are commited and love each ohter dearly.

anik1981

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Late May
AOR Received.
06-Aug-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-Feb-11
VISA ISSUED...
03-Mar-11
LANDED..........
04-Mar-11
Well I finally cracked, and asked my hubby to kindly send a Case Specific Enquiry to Buffalo asking if anything is missing from his file. We have a straight up case, and haven't heard anything since AOR in early August. I hope we get a reply bc when it was submitted we got a message saying "If your application is within normal processing times you may not receive a reply from the visa office." I wish it worked like that at MY place of employment!!! I have been paranoid about us not receiving correspondence CIC sends us as the mail often gets put in the wrong apartment mailbox (and not everyone is nice enough to bring you your mail if this happens). I was hoping to surprise my hubby with a trip to see his family for Christmas, but it looks like we're stuck in Ottawa. People keep asking me, at least once a day, if we heard anything...I know they mean well, but it's getting really frustrating. Maybe I should go visit the Mall Santa, and tell him I want a PPR for my hubby (and a PS3) ;)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good luck! Let us know when you get an answer! The waiting must just be torture...

anik1981

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Late May
AOR Received.
06-Aug-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-Feb-11
VISA ISSUED...
03-Mar-11
LANDED..........
04-Mar-11
Ok...so my hubby sent a Case Specific Enquiry on Friday:

Request: Good day, I received AOR from your office in early August 2010. I am aware that I am still in the average waiting time for file processing, but not having heard anything since then, I wanted to ensure that you did not send me any correspondence requesting additional documents/info that I did not receive. Please advise at your earliest convenience if something is missing from my file to finalize the process. Thank you, XXXXX

We got this, this morning:

Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete.

Regards,

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo

Immigration Section

I want to vomit, thinking of the amount of money we pay to be answered a generic BS reply... :(

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
anik1981 said:
Ok...so my hubby sent a Case Specific Enquiry on Friday:

Request: Good day, I received AOR from your office in early August 2010. I am aware that I am still in the average waiting time for file processing, but not having heard anything since then, I wanted to ensure that you did not send me any correspondence requesting additional documents/info that I did not receive. Please advise at your earliest convenience if something is missing from my file to finalize the process. Thank you, XXXXX

We got this, this morning:

Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete.

Regards,

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo

Immigration Section

I want to vomit, thinking of the amount of money we pay to be answered a generic BS reply... :(
Ugh - sorry. It is better than the UK though - when dealing with their immigration if you are within their waiting time window they will not reply to you at all. When you call their call centre it says something like "If you have submitted your application less than 12 months ago, please hang up now. An agent will not help you". Seriously!

I hope you hear something soon!

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
Just to update - my husband got a job! It's in IT, pays well, and for a new Canadian from Africa, this is a big deal to have a good job within a few months of looking.

No more overnights at Walmart for him - he started the new job on Friday.

The only downside is that he hates the drive (takes 50 min or so in the snow) to and from work, and I will miss having him around during the day.

anik1981

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Late May
AOR Received.
06-Aug-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-Feb-11
VISA ISSUED...
03-Mar-11
LANDED..........
04-Mar-11
bobshynoswife said:
Just to update - my husband got a job! It's in IT, pays well, and for a new Canadian from Africa, this is a big deal to have a good job within a few months of looking.

No more overnights at Walmart for him - he started the new job on Friday.

The only downside is that he hates the drive (takes 50 min or so in the snow) to and from work, and I will miss having him around during the day.
AWESOME news! I wish him all the best, and a Winter with little snow ;)

xyrus

Jun 24, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-08-2010, USA PCC - sent on Sept. 1st
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
File Transfer...
18-06-2010
Med's Done....
12-04-2010
Passport Req..
08-07-2010 (Sent to Visa Office on 21-07-2010)
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2010 (Rec'd PP: 16-10-2010)
LANDED..........
22-10-2010
Great news! Bobshynoswife!!! Its imperative to gain local Canadian experience for a newcomer!! Congrats! Im still looking and have met numerous recruiters in downtown TO, they tell me cz of the holiday season, things come to a halt around this time and will heat up in Jan!

BTW I posted the following on the settlement issues thread but thought of sharing it here as well, FYI:

So I called CIC call center on Dec 8th as my PR card processing time exceeded the average 29 business days timeframe ( I landed on Oct. 22 2010) per www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

Unfortunately, my pics were rejected. I requested for a reason and the rep. told me that "my chin was too low" in the pic... :!#$ @
Its frustrating because I took a print out of the pic specification to my photographer and GOD only knows who screwed up!

Anyway, I asked for the timeline / Procedure Followed in such a case:
The processing center intimates my local office - Toronto of the issue. (He checked and told me that my info was sent out to Toronto office on Nov. 26th 2010)
Toronto office mails out a letter detailing the issue to me WITHIN 11 WEEKS!!! (YIKESS!!)
After I get requisite pics and hand it over in person to the Toronto Office, it takes UPTO 7 weeks to receive the PR Card. This excludes Statutory holidays and postal delays.
Anyone knows the RIGHT PLACE in Greater Toronto Area to get pics clicked for PR Card purpose with correct specification?

Thought of sharing this bit of news with everyone. Good Luck all!

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
xyrus said:
Great news! Bobshynoswife!!! Its imperative to gain local Canadian experience for a newcomer!! Congrats! Im still looking and have met numerous recruiters in downtown TO, they tell me cz of the holiday season, things come to a halt around this time and will heat up in Jan!

BTW I posted the following on the settlement issues thread but thought of sharing it here as well, FYI:

So I called CIC call center on Dec 8th as my PR card processing time exceeded the average 29 business days timeframe ( I landed on Oct. 22 2010) per www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

Unfortunately, my pics were rejected. I requested for a reason and the rep. told me that "my chin was too low" in the pic... :!#$ @
Its frustrating because I took a print out of the pic specification to my photographer and GOD only knows who screwed up!

Anyway, I asked for the timeline / Procedure Followed in such a case:
The processing center intimates my local office - Toronto of the issue. (He checked and told me that my info was sent out to Toronto office on Nov. 26th 2010)
Toronto office mails out a letter detailing the issue to me WITHIN 11 WEEKS!!! (YIKESS!!)
After I get requisite pics and hand it over in person to the Toronto Office, it takes UPTO 7 weeks to receive the PR Card. This excludes Statutory holidays and postal delays.
Anyone knows the RIGHT PLACE in Greater Toronto Area to get pics clicked for PR Card purpose with correct specification?

Thought of sharing this bit of news with everyone. Good Luck all!
I know...it sucks! my husband's pictures were rejected too (though personally I think they were probably lost because they were perfect). He had to go to the Edmonton CIC office on a specific day and time (having to take a day off work to do this) and then bring new photos. We went to Costco and asked for Permanent Residency photos. Shoppers Drug Mart, London Drugs, Costco, etc all do photos with the PR specifications.

BTW, he landed Sept 9. We got the letter (with the wrong person's name on it, but his case file #!) end of October for an appointment on Nov 22. We expect to get the PR card late January or February.

jmni1

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
USA
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
31-01-2011
Passport Req..
31-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2011
LANDED..........
01-02-2011
So after a month of waiting Buffalo finally e-mailed me about my interview with the date. I am happy but I will be so pregnant by that time the travel will be hard.

email stated

An interview has been scheduled for you to appear in Buffalo NY on:

January 31, 2011 at 1:00 pm

A letter has been sent to the mailing address on our file, advising you of the details regarding this interview.

The mailing address that we have on file is:

xxxxx

Canadian Consulate General, Buffalo New York

Immigration Section

buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

lovebajan

Star Member
Dec 6, 2009
So my husband received an email from Trinidad which I will post with this...but I have 1 question! After reading their letter I noticed they say a final decision is made 2- 4 weeks after receiving all requested doc. but at the beginning they say, you have met the requirements, and to send you passport for the visa to be issued...so they still have to decide or is the letter standard? Thanks!
here' what they sent:

Dear Applicant,
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
I am pleased to advise you that all processing requirements have been met and your immigrant visa will be issued to you when you have provided the following to our office:
1) a passport for yourself valid at least one month beyond the validity of your medical examination, 27 January 2011, which will be the date by which you must arrive in Canada as an immigrant;
2) one (1) current passport-type photograph, meeting the enclosed specifications, for yourself. Do not staple or glue these photos to any object;
3) complete the following information for yourself.
Name Eye Colour Height (cm)

Citizens of Guyana please note: ONLY machine readable passports will be accepted for visa issuance.

You are required to submit all the items listed above in SIXTY (60) days from the date of this letter, failure to do so could result in your application being refused for non-compliance. It generally takes from two to four weeks to make a final decision on your application once ALL the documents have been submitted,excluding mail or courier handling. Applicants resident in Guyana may submit their passports to the Canadian High Commission in Georgetown for forwarding to Port of Spain: you will be provided with a date where we expect a final decision to have been made and passports returned.
Applicants resident in Antigua, Barbados, Dominica, St. Lucia, Grenada, St. Vincent, St. Kitts-Nevis, must contact their local courier service e.g. DHL or FEDEX to make pre-paid arrangements for the return of their passports.
Please return this letter with your passport and photograph.
Thank you for your prompt response.
Regards,

Immigration Section/Service de L'immigration

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
bobshynoswife said:
I know...it sucks! my husband's pictures were rejected too (though personally I think they were probably lost because they were perfect). He had to go to the Edmonton CIC office on a specific day and time (having to take a day off work to do this) and then bring new photos. We went to Costco and asked for Permanent Residency photos. Shoppers Drug Mart, London Drugs, Costco, etc all do photos with the PR specifications.

BTW, he landed Sept 9. We got the letter (with the wrong person's name on it, but his case file #!) end of October for an appointment on Nov 22. We expect to get the PR card late January or February.
Surprise, surprise! Husband's PR card arrived in the mail today, just 3 weeks after submitting the photos. Now our saga with CIC is at an end...at least for another 2.75 years until it's time to apply for Citizenship!

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
lovebajan said:
So my husband received an email from Trinidad which I will post with this...but I have 1 question! After reading their letter I noticed they say a final decision is made 2- 4 weeks after receiving all requested doc. but at the beginning they say, you have met the requirements, and to send you passport for the visa to be issued...so they still have to decide or is the letter standard? Thanks!
here' what they sent:
Don't worry about that 2nd part, that's just about decision made regarding the documents to send in. If the photo is okay, etc.

Congratulations!!!

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
jmni1 said:
So after a month of waiting Buffalo finally e-mailed me about my interview with the date. I am happy but I will be so pregnant by that time the travel will be hard.
Sorry you have to wait another 6 weeks for the interview, but at least you know when it will be! If you're at all concerned about travel due to advanced pregnancy, I would call the embassy to see if you can reschedule.

SISSI2008

May 21, 2010
Hey guys,

congrats for whp got approval and got landed, just question anyone still waiting for the 2nd step from the paris office??? cause i`m still waiting :(

e-cas changed to in process on the 22nd sep, 2010. still no word, any advise please, I`m from the may applicants grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr too long for me. to far away from my hubby :(