NA
Med's Done....
16-02-2010
Passport Req..
26-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2010
prasu said:
i just received a letter asking me to send them the fee receipt, police clearance certificate (both if not sent already) and the original passports. they sent it trough ordinary post. We can send the passport through some courier service right?
I would suggest you to send it through Blue Dart, it only cost 250 INR

mr-canada

Star Member
May 3, 2010
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello everyone....

one more update on our case..... the status (ecas) changed to "in-process". dont know since when did it change coz i looked it up today after few days gap.. as i was getting unnerved by the no change in status.

of course.. we were aware that our file is in process coz we have received forms and details request from hte visa office already.

it feels good that at least we are inching closure to being together..... and only hoping and praying that its soon :)

all the best to everyone on this forum....

HomeSick

May 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2010
AOR Received.
May 20th, 2010
Med's Done....
December 12, 2009
Hey guys, kinda feels more comforting being amongst other people going through the same situation we're going through. It's good to see all theses positive news from people because i guess when it comes to thinking about your future and your plans, you can't help but to think negative.

My Case is actually extremely complicated. I was born in Egypt but moved to the States when i was 3 years old until i was 13 years old. We stayed under a prolonged visa or something like that i'm not too sure. I came to canada with my parents when i was 13 under a refugee claim. It was something my dad applied for because of some fears he had to go back to Egypt.

I spent my high school days in Toronto Canada. In 2006, I met my highschool sweetheart and we've been together ever since. In 2009 we got warnings from our family lawyers that our refugee claim has a high possibility to get refused and you guys will have to leave canada if you do. At that time, we wanted to start living together because we were going to go to the same university together, so we decided to get married so we can live together and as well, start an inland canada sponsorship application for her to sponsor me.

However, CIC made a decision on our refugee claim before our application got past phase 1. I was forced to leave the country and i am still currently here in Egypt for the past year 2 months and 3 days.. Even over here we still run into problems with military and such (which i was completely unaware of) So we sent in our overseas application without a valid passport (due to military papers still in process)

It's been Hard, but we're still hanging on.

Meds Done: December 12, 2009
Application Sent: April 15, 2010
Application Recieved: April 16, 2010
E-Cas "Decision Made": May 20, 2010
File Is currently being forwarded to the Cairo Office

heres to hoping...

-Home Sick

Martin1

Apr 17, 2010
Bancroft, Ontario
Visa Office......
Manilla
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
Doc's Request.
26-10-2016
Med's Request
Re med 02-05-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2016
Passport Req..
25-05-2017
LANDED..........
27-06-2017
I have been approved as my wife's sponsor. Application was received on April 19, and the decision was made on May 27. The application is on its way to Beijing now.

Stacey

May 21, 2010
Hi Journeyman,
Have you received any updates? I still can not log in and no news. Hope will get soon. It's not easy time....

nj123

Mar 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
File Transfer...
13-05-2010
Med's Request
29-01-2010
sidjocson said:
Yes. You should inform the embassy if there are any changes in your names, address etc.
Finally got the letter in the post and my wife has been approved as my sponsor. The name is spelt correctly in the letter.

journeyman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2010
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
25-05-2010
Med's Done....
19-02-2010
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2010
LANDED..........
12-10-2010
Hi Stacey,

I can't log on either and am not home to check mail for another 10 days. But, last year when we submitted our first application, I never did see a status on eCAS but still recieved a letter from CPC-Mississauga that I was approved as sponsor (we then got turned down by Buffalo -- long story ::). When I called the 1-800 call centre number they told me that it was not unusual since sometimes an application can get processed and an approval sent too fast for the weekly system update process.

I'm hoping that's what's happened again and I'll find a letter when I get home. Maybe the same thing is happening with you?? Let's hope we both hear something soon.

Good luck for now.

mr-canada

Star Member
May 3, 2010
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello everyone,

i dont have any further updates to my case yet but a few queries ... which would be nice to be resolved by all of my friends here.....

earlier, people were getting requests for additional docs and residency questionnairre after a few months of getting AOR from abu dhabi, but off late, some of us have received the residency questionnairre very quickly. dont know if it means that abu dhabi has changed its course of action or whether these cases are processed that fast..... i would love to think that the latter thing is true (hehehe) coz even our case along with zeeshan (there are not too many cases on abu dhabi thread that are very active) and abumawada too .... so what is this suppose to be like?

also..... i wanted to know....
i have to send my residency questionnaire along with other docs like proof of sponsor being canada and T1 & T4 and NOA etc......
I dont have T1 & T4 as was not in canada last year (arrived canada nov 2009) but i have the NOA and have declared world income that is shown on tax return assessment doc.
would that be ok or would it create any prob or lead to delays? I have other proofs (letter from co about job, house agreement, utility bills etc)

hope this would not be any problem.... ur help would be appreciated .....
thank u.......

prasu

Star Member
May 26, 2010
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7/4/2010
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
11/5/2010
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28/5/2010
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
17/3/2010
Passport Req..
2/6/2010
VISA ISSUED...
9th july 2010
LANDED..........
21st july 2010
Does everybody get to send a residency questionnaire filled?

C

canguy1

hello everyone could u guys please suggest me regarding my application
i have sent my application on 30st march recieved on 2nd of april but unfortunately they sent me back my app on may 8 and i recieved on may 14 asking to fill the family name. i talk to the case officer and he told me to use the last name (i dont have family name on passport) as family name and she told that we will act upon your application on the same day we recieved. but its more than two weak nothing yet. i talk again to the case officer again and he say i didnt recieved your application on my table yet. as i heard they give prioroty to the returned file. is there anyone having any idea how long they will take more or they put my application in routine. replies appriciated. thanks

EaSt CoAsT GiRl

Star Member
Jan 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2010
AOR Received.
30-07-2010
File Transfer...
01-06-2010
So, the current processing time for Sponsorship applications is 48 days, and they are processing up to April 23rd/10. My application was received April 22/10 and I have now been waiting 47 days! What are the chances I'll hear something by tomorrow...DAY 48?!

This process is more stressful than I had ever imagined! But, I guess what doesn't kill you makes you stronger...right??

Good luck to everyone with their applications for Sponsorship and PR.

phyther

Jun 7, 2010
Our application to sponsor my wife was received at CPC-M on April 26, 2010. The online e-cas status was accessible on June 3rd and I received the sponsorship approval letter in the mail on the same day, which is dated June 01, 2010. Our file is off to Islamabad now for PR portion of the processing.

Jan 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-10
AOR Received.
21-05-10
File Transfer...
17-05-10
Passport Req..
28-07-10
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-10
LANDED..........
19-09-10
Has anyone obtain a copy of the CAIPS notes?

meairplane

May 8, 2010
Siberia
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2010
File Transfer...
02-06-2010
Med's Done....
27-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2010
phyther, do u have any news? can u log in to ecas? our application was received on april 27. can't log in yet either :( and the cic website says they are revieweing now applications sent before may 3rd.

phyther said:
Our application to sponsor my wife was received at CPC-M on April 26, 2010. The online e-cas status was accessible on June 3rd and I received the sponsorship approval letter in the mail on the same day, which is dated June 01, 2010. Our file is off to Islamabad now for PR portion of the processing.

EaSt CoAsT GiRl

Star Member
Jan 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2010
AOR Received.
30-07-2010
File Transfer...
01-06-2010
I have called the call center today as I am at day 48...my application for sponsorship was rec'd in Mississauga April 22/10. The guy I spoke to said they have no record of it, don't know where it is but will look into it. If I don't hear anything...call back in 30 days. IMAGINE! UGH...I am soooo stressed at this point! I just don't know what else to do! :mad: