+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
coolananda said:
Hi brin

I also send 30 photos in all .......and it worked out.....................so dont worry ..................................they returned my all photos back also ..........................
Hey Cool,

When is your wife comming to Canada? All the best.

nb8285

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
@brin

i don't think we should be charged a dime more. $1040 for sponsoring 1 person is a lot of money already and I think most of it is going towards CHC salaries (I bet the Canadians in ND make well over $150,000/year). if the price increases, we won't know how much is getting allocated to postage (it probably won't change- only their salaries will go up).

@fprince

you must've ordered your caips notes by now... those notes are your best bet in getting an idea about what is going on with your case. the notes may indicate something that you don't know about. then after having that info you can contact them in a more informed way and can probably get a better response.

@all

it will be interesting to know if all those who submitted intimate pics got some sort of extra scrutiny (interview, phone call or request for additional info) from ND... given our conservative culture and nature, I don't think ND expects pics like this and may be think it's suspicious ("what are these guys trying to prove?")... from what I've read on this forum, 2 out of 2 people who sent intimate pics have had extra scrutiny (dr.dave and deepiv)...

brin said:
Makes so much sense...! even charge another $5 more for postage and I'm sure we'll happliy pay it to ensure we get the mail on time!

drdave

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2011
Doc's Request.
Mar 21, 2011
AOR Received.
Feb 22, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 28, 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 20, 2011
Interview........
May 2, 2011
Passport Req..
Mar 10, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2, 2011
LANDED..........
May 18, 2011
nb8285 said:
@ all

it will be interesting to know if all those who submitted intimate pics got some sort of extra scrutiny (interview, phone call or request for additional info) from ND... given our conservative culture and nature, I don't think ND expects pics like this and may be think it's suspicious ("what are these guys trying to prove?")... from what I've read on this forum, 2 out of 2 people who sent intimate pics have had extra scrutiny (dr.dave and deepiv)...
It probably helped in our case. Too many differences. VO words

"Despite your age differences, differences in educational background, and your cultural background,
we accept your application."

12 year age gap - doctorate versus diploma - white christian vs punjabi hindu indian -
6 months on phone - arrive in india - get married - then one month honeymoon - wife divorce
- a communication problem at start - her english was weak - hindu marriage act not special

is there any else ND would not like?

so I was expecting an interview and had to send as much evidence as possible to convince them otherwise.

She did a great job. Because I was expecting them to turn us down but the interview convinced them
otherwise.

brin

Nov 24, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17-2011
Doc's Request.
Apr 10-2011
AOR Received.
Mar 24-2011
File Transfer...
Mar 21-2011
Interview........
June-28-2011
Passport Req..
Apr-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
July-05-2011
LANDED..........
ETA: Aug-05-2011
@nb...
as I mentioned in the earlier post...I don't think intimate pics are going to do any harm...(when u say intimate..ofcourse there is a limit to it) ..it is natural for any couple of this age to take pics while hugging or kissing...gone are the days u stay 2 feet away from your husband/ wife and pose for ur wedding pics...so..I would actually think otherwise....if u send them pics that doesn't make u look like a couple..their obviously going to wonder why... ::)
besides....unless u r in a rural area...India has quite well adopted the wester culture and ND is pretty aware of this!

coolananda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-2-2011
File Transfer...
13-03-2011
Passport Req..
18-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2011
It all depends upon all other factors......pics are not that important part as it can be taken as per wish to prove a point .....though with all other proof if you can provide pics with time line .......it helps....for me personally we never had any intimate pics taken or send ....it were very normal photos of some events .......................

coolananda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-2-2011
File Transfer...
13-03-2011
Passport Req..
18-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2011
Hey fprince............

I am going to india in june.................. unfortunately i did not get leave sactioned in may as its very short notice........ ( if i would have known that nd will work so fast i would have applied earlier) ....... so in by endweek of june and july first week she should be in canada...............I got tickets fro 1500 $ for return and for her I got ticket for 912$ single from bombay in jet airways..............

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
brin said:
@ nb...
as I mentioned in the earlier post...I don't think intimate pics are going to do any harm...(when u say intimate..ofcourse there is a limit to it) ..it is natural for any couple of this age to take pics while hugging or kissing...gone are the days u stay 2 feet away from your husband/ wife and pose for ur wedding pics...so..I would actually think otherwise....if u send them pics that doesn't make u look like a couple..their obviously going to wonder why... ::)
besides....unless u r in a rural area...India has quite well adopted the wester culture and ND is pretty aware of this!
Have been following this topic for a while and its a good debate...
What exactly does intimate mean ? i sent pics of me and her kissing, huggin etc..but we had clothes on..and doesnt ND know that you supposed to be intimate with your hubby before you get PR?
and not sure who will still debate that india is still conservative, hard to even convince our grandmas...last time i went there, i saw people kissing and hugging on the street and in public which was not the case 5-10 years ago...back then holding hands was a new and bold trend in public and everyone would be watching you.....remember, live in relationship & same sex have even become accepted in the same community..which is huge compared to intimate pictures of a hubby and wife ( and we need to really stop terming kissing and hugging as intimate pics LOL, its not...not even in India...)
Still think Dave/Deepiv pics had nothing to do with the interviews....nor will any of your pics be an issue..pics are about the love and the story you say to ND...

it would be impressive to see ND reject a case saying " sorry, had to decline as you sent us pics of you kissing your wife before we can issue her a VISA " ! LMFAO !

ohh with ND you never know..do you?

brin

Nov 24, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17-2011
Doc's Request.
Apr 10-2011
AOR Received.
Mar 24-2011
File Transfer...
Mar 21-2011
Interview........
June-28-2011
Passport Req..
Apr-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
July-05-2011
LANDED..........
ETA: Aug-05-2011
brin said:
fprince said:
it would be impressive to see ND reject a case saying " sorry, had to decline as you sent us pics of you kissing your wife before we can issue her a VISA " ! LMFAO !

ROFL!!!!! gosh...I can't stop laughing!!!! :p

avibis

Mar 29, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Jan 2011
AOR Received.
14 Feb 2011
File Transfer...
21 Feb 2011
Med's Done....
4 Jan 2011
Passport Req..
12 Apr 2011 (Letter Recd: 20 Apr 2011)
VISA ISSUED...
5 May 2011 (Passport Recd: 11 May 2011)
LANDED..........
4 Jun 2011
fprince said:
What exactly does intimate mean ? i sent pics of me and her kissing, huggin etc..but we had clothes on..and doesnt ND know that you supposed to be intimate with your hubby before you get PR?
and not sure who will still debate that india is still conservative, hard to even convince our grandmas...last time i went there, i saw people kissing and hugging on the street and in public which was not the case 5-10 years ago...back then holding hands was a new and bold trend in public and everyone would be watching you.....remember, live in relationship & same sex have even become accepted in the same community..which is huge compared to intimate pictures of a hubby and wife ( and we need to really stop terming kissing and hugging as intimate pics LOL, its not...not even in India...)
Still think Dave/Deepiv pics had nothing to do with the interviews....nor will any of your pics be an issue..pics are about the love and the story you say to ND...

fprince the dude 8)

sweetguy4u

Mar 5, 2008
Here is my timeline..hope it will be helpful

Medicals Done : Dec 2010
Application filed : Feb 8 2011
Received in Mississauga : Feb 10 2011
E-cas was not accessible till March 7 2011
E-Cas changed on 8 March 2011 to decision made (Sponsorship)
21 March 2011 filed received at New Delhi
8 April 2011 PPR letter received(Date on the letter was March 28 2011)
Passport sent on 10 April & was received on 12 April
E-Cas on applicants side changed on 21 April 2011 with address and medical received
27 April Address disappeared in E-cas and re-appeared on 29 April with address,medical received and decision made
Received passport with visa on 3 May 2011.

challenger485

Jan 5, 2010
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2011
AOR Received.
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
08-03-2011
Med's Done....
30-10-2010
Passport Req..
28-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Ecas status: Decision made on 29th visa received may 4
got visa finally....

challenger485

Jan 5, 2010
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2011
AOR Received.
21-03-2011
File Transfer...
08-03-2011
Med's Done....
30-10-2010
Passport Req..
28-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Ecas status: Decision made on 29th visa received may 4
sweetguy4u said:
Here is my timeline..hope it will be helpful

Medicals Done : Dec 2010
Application filed : Feb 8 2011
Received in Mississauga : Feb 10 2011
E-cas was not accessible till March 7 2011
E-Cas changed on 8 March 2011 to decision made (Sponsorship)
21 March 2011 filed received at New Delhi
8 April 2011 PPR letter received(Date on the letter was March 28 2011)
Passport sent on 10 April & was received on 12 April
E-Cas on applicants side changed on 21 April 2011 with address and medical received
27 April Address disappeared in E-cas and re-appeared on 29 April with address,medical received and decision made
Received passport with visa on 3 May 2011.

congrats.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
challenger485 said:
got visa finally....
Buddy congrats..........
All the best my friend, stay here for a while ;D

nb8285

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
while it's certainly true that PDA and live-in-relationships have increased in India over the past decade, those people are not the ones having arranged marriages and sponsoring their spouses. it is us. at least most of us here.

most of us probably have shall we say "intimate" pics with our spouses, but they are certainly not meant to be shared with others. i don't think CHC expects to see those pictures. how they view such pictures may depend on the rest of the evidence/proof (how you met, length of relationship, where you like). the point i'm trying to make is that such pictures COULD raise a red flag for CHC and MAY trigger more scrutiny (although that is impossible to validate). that's all.

nobody here thinks CHC will reject a case because pics of husband kissing his wife were sent. it would be childish to think that.

fprince said:

CAN_2011

Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011
File Transfer...
22-03-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Passport Req..
02-06-2011 (phone call from CHC New Delhi)
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: June 20, 2011
Guys,

There is an update in my e-case status:

We received ******* application for permanent residence on March 22, 2011.

We started processing ******* application on May 2, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

Although, we are still waiting for a PPR.