+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
hkbasi said:
hi guys

i just want to know as u can see my timeline it is been A month that NDVO recieved my Passport but still no update i wan tto know if i should apply for GCMS note or should i wait till next step plzzzz help me out
one month is not a long time, my passport is in ND for almost 3 months :) best option is to contact your MP but if you want you can order gcms notes, it will cost $5 only.
good luck

hkbasi

Star Member
Apr 17, 2012
quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2012
AOR Received.
8-06-2012
File Transfer...
8-06-2012
Med's Done....
med jan
Interview........
22-august-2012 by phone
Passport Req..
19-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10 sep 2012
LANDED..........
19 sep 2012
thanks hundal
do i have to ask MP to get me tthe GCMS notes
or i i have to order my self if i have to can u plzzz tell me how
thanks in advance

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
hkbasi said:
thanks hundal
do i have to ask MP to get me tthe GCMS notes
or i i have to order my self if i have to can u plzzz tell me how
thanks in advance
MP cant order GCMS notes for you but they can contact cic on your behalf and tell you, whats going on with your application.
to contact MP you need to send them an email with consent form and all of your details.
link for consent form is
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf

if you want to order GCMS notes, sponsor can order on behalf of applicant. you need to send two forms, one is same as above for MP and 1 more is

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf

Step by step:

Print off IMM 5563 (05-2012) E - Access to Information and Personal Information Request
Section A:
1. Access to Information Act
2. English/French (your choice)
3. Email (fastest way)
4. No (because you do not live in Canada you cannot request on your own, your spouse will have to officially request for you)

Section B:
This section is for you to fill out.
Family Name (Last Name)
Given Name(s) (First Name/Middle Name)
DOB
Electronic Files - Status of an Appliacation - File Number (you would get this from the AOR or Approval, ours started with an 'F') - Location (in your case its New Delhi, India)
DO NOT fille out the Immigratrion File in Canada section or the next section down that says Physical File

Section C:
This section your spouse that lives in Canada will fill out:
Tick the box "this request is usbmitted by a Canadian Citizian or PR"
Mr. Mrs. Ms
Family Name (Last Name)
Given Name(s) (First Name/Middle Name)
Full Address
Phone Number
Email
Requesters Signature: your spouse to sign and date

NOW:

Print off IMM 5475(12-2004) E - Authoriy to Release Personal Information To A Designated Individual
Choose One:
Tick off the first box "i authorize"
Questions 1-4 are for you, the principal applicant to fill out
1. Family Name and Given Name
2. DOB
3. Name of Office:New Delhi, India Location of Office: New Delhi, India
4. File Number or Client ID

Questions 5-6 are for your spouse, the Canadian citizian or PR to fill out
5. Family Name and Given Name
6. Address, Phone and Email (make sure to use the same email that you provided when you first submitted the application)

7. Principal Applicant to sign and date/Sponsor to sign and date

I filled the forms out and then scanned them to my husband to sign, then scanned them again and emailed them, the email address is at the bottom of form IMM-5563

Lastly

Pay the $5 online, print the receipt and fill it out with your sponsors information and email all 4 pages.
good luck

hkbasi

Star Member
Apr 17, 2012
quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2012
AOR Received.
8-06-2012
File Transfer...
8-06-2012
Med's Done....
med jan
Interview........
22-august-2012 by phone
Passport Req..
19-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10 sep 2012
LANDED..........
19 sep 2012
thanks again

what does GCMS MEAN?

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
hkbasi said:
thanks again

what does GCMS MEAN?
you are most welcome hkbasi
GCMS notes are computer generated notes about your application. you can get all information about your case and notes made by your visa officer (what s/he thinks about your case)
best of luck :)

sumant

Star Member
Dec 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-9-2011
File Transfer...
5-12-2011
Med's Done....
26-8-2011
Interview........
20-6-2012 IN PROCESS 23-6-2012
Passport Req..
20-1-2012
ashunandal said:
Many many Congratulations to Sumant, Jazzi2001, lalatata, HNIC, aniador and easyspirit for your DM.
wish you all a great life ahead with your spouses :)

PLEASE HELP THANKS IN ADVANCE - VERY IMPORTANT!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :-\ :-\

While everyone else is so happy, on our GCMS notes, they stated that they could not not move ahead with our case for 3 reasons: no biodata on back of card, forgot to put ND as visa office in medical form, and "Sponsor: Canadian citizen residing in England (according to one of the forms, she was supposed to resume residency on March 30, 2012." :eek: :eek: :-\ :-\

I had a ticket to return to UK from India, and she was going to buy a ticket from there to Canada. I was going to return then if my mother was able to come to India and visit my husband's family and return with her (but not possible because of her mother's health problems). I need to be protected by my husband, have him with me to travel across the world, which I cannot do alone and living without my husband for a long and unknown amount of time will disable me because I am not able to continue anything in my life or make plans without my husband. We are both together in India now and attending interview together at the end of the month.

What should we do in this case? I need him emotionally and to be there for me, I is not well not because of the situation in India (I suffered with malaria, heat wave sickness, severe stomach infections and breathing problems, weakness the entire time I have been here, 6 months) and I feel like I am being punished just because of stress and pressure to return to Canada without my husband, which is very unfair, especially because I would not know when we would see each other again, and our anniversary is next month). My husband (applicant, is not working right now because of my health, and he is the only one who is able to take me to the doctor if needed and the only one here who knows English and can understand me.

I am currently on a 5 year entry visa (like tourist visa). I am thinking that they might say "Sponsor, you go and establish yourself back in Canada ALONE, find a job and start your studies again. Applicant, you go establish your ties to India ALONE and find a full time job and work for a while before you can get visa". To me that idea is against basic human rights and as a Canadian citizen as it is forced separation and gives me a sick feeling about my country. I always feel ready to pass out, sometimes ready to pass away with the extreme heat and dust and problems caused by them. :eek: :eek: :'( :'(

PLEASE give some suggestions!!! I feel I am doing something wrong just because I want to be with my husband, and it is not fair that our family is torn apart by someone saying, "Oh, dont you know you are not allowed to live with your husband during the process?" :'( :'( :-\ :-\
THANKS A LOT ASHUNANDAL..
AND DONT WORRY AT ALL... U GOT INTERVIEW JUST TO CLEAR AL OF THESE DOUBTS... ONCE U LL GIVE EXPLANATIONS TO THEM THEY WILL APPROVE UR VISA...
ALL D BEST FOR INTERVIEW...

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
sumant said:
THANKS A LOT ASHUNANDAL..
AND DONT WORRY AT ALL... U GOT INTERVIEW JUST TO CLEAR AL OF THESE DOUBTS... ONCE U LL GIVE EXPLANATIONS TO THEM THEY WILL APPROVE UR VISA...
ALL D BEST FOR INTERVIEW...
thanks for your good wishes Sumant, i hope they just want to clear these doubts but in GCMS notes, they said interview will last for 45 minutes, which is little bit too long :eek: :eek: dont you think?
wish you a happy life together :)

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM- July 23rd,2012 - Passport received - Aug 13th,2012
easyspirit said:
Hi lalatata and all others who just got their DMs. Please share what your status shows online exactly. My husband's says "We started processing ur appl on July 19. A decision has been made and our office will get in contact with you shortly" There is no mention of a letter being sent or anything is that ok? What do u have all showing? Thanks!
Hello, Mine is Started processing on July 20. Rest is the same as yours. I suspect the passports will be returned with the VISA in it and a COPR and a introduction letter to Canada.. Thats it.

pjmin

Star Member
Apr 22, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2012
Doc's Request.
13-08-2012 Req for missing form
File Transfer...
02-05-2012/ In Process 16-08-2012
Med's Done....
26-12-2011
Passport Req..
11-06-2012/ ND rec'd 14-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2012
No DM's today?? I hope they don't make us wait another month before we see movement again :(

HNIC

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Windsor
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2011
File Transfer...
09-02-2012
Interview........
27-06-2012
Passport Req..
27-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-01-213
pjmin said:
No DM's today?? I hope they don't make us wait another month before we see movement again :(
I have a feeling that Delhi will be quiet for 2 weeks then flourish with 5 to 10 visas

easyspirit

Star Member
Nov 9, 2011
lalatata said:
Hello, Mine is Started processing on July 20. Rest is the same as yours. I suspect the passports will be returned with the VISA in it and a COPR and a introduction letter to Canada.. Thats it.
GREAT. THANK YOU

nakash

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
LANDED..........
<Waiting>
I would like to share the landing experience of my wife. She landed in Calgary port of entry. Everything went smooth and as planned. All they asked her was my (husband's) address in Canada (to send the PR card), and details of jewellery she was carrying and goods to follow. She didn't have to fill any forms. They filled everything when she provided the information they needed. She is here now and we are having a lot of fun.

I am hoping that everybody's applications are moving fast here.

I have a question about name change. My wife's passport (and all other identifications and forms) has her original name. The only place with my last name is our Marriage Certificate. Now, is it okay for her to just use the new last name in Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, other official stuff here etc.?

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
nakash said:
I would like to share the landing experience of my wife. She landed in Calgary port of entry. Everything went smooth and as planned. All they asked her was my (husband's) address in Canada (to send the PR card), and details of jewellery she was carrying and goods to follow. She didn't have to fill any forms. They filled everything when she provided the information they needed. She is here now and we are having a lot of fun.

I am hoping that everybody's applications are moving fast here.

I have a question about name change. My wife's passport (and all other identifications and forms) has her original name. The only place with my last name is our Marriage Certificate. Now, is it okay for her to just use the new last name in Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, other official stuff here etc.?
It is really upto u if you really want to go that way... I recommend doing it right...Get a name change application done at the city hall (http://www.isc.ca/VitalStats/ChangingName/Pages/default.aspx) , use the marriage certificate to change it.

Do the same for the passport(contact indian high commission - http://www.hciottawa.ca/index.php/consular-services/passport-services).

Once passport is changed, use that to get CIC PR card name change done.

The bank folks will ask for the immigration doc which already you said have the original name .. SIN number and CRA be also under the same name as what you have on immigration doc and passport.

The only way to use the new name would be as i said firstly...( which I think you should) as it will help in later for the citizenship - cnd passport

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
lalatata said:
It is really upto u if you really want to go that way... I recommend doing it right...Get a name change application done at the city hall (http://www.isc.ca/VitalStats/ChangingName/Pages/default.aspx) , use the marriage certificate to change it.

Do the same for the passport(contact indian high commission - http://www.hciottawa.ca/index.php/consular-services/passport-services).

Once passport is changed, use that to get CIC PR card name change done.

The bank folks will ask for the immigration doc which already you said have the original name .. SIN number and CRA be also under the same name as what you have on immigration doc and passport.

The only way to use the new name would be as i said firstly...( which I think you should) as it will help in later for the citizenship - cnd passport
This is really working backwards( what now you have to do).... thats why it is usually beneficial to have the name change done prior to get the immigration done for the applicant via indian passport name change, new name in the form , new name on PR card, new name everywhere...

In anycase, I guess now u r off to another process (or processes) - but at least are not that urgent . gluck!

gwalyat

Aug 29, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8APRIL 2011
File Transfer...
19MAY 2011 (REC BY ND)
Interview........
6SEP 2011
Passport Req..
7JUNE 2011
VISA ISSUED...
DECISION MADE 11JULY 2012 PP REC...........: 14JULY2012
LANDED..........
20JULY 2012
hello yug n every1 here
hope u all r well
sorry for a late reply
i reached canada on 20th evening n it took just 15 min in total for immigration clearance, 5min for my wait in queue n 10 min with the officer who told me abt canada n didnt ask me anyhting because i had a connecting flight frm toranto to vancouver so the immigration work was done at toranto airport, it was v quick. landing experience was v good
best of luck to all u guy , YUG i m sure u ll get it v soon :)