+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

newdelhi2011

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
july 2011
Passport Req..
14-12-2011
ksunny said:
Hi guys,

As promised, here are the details of when my husband arrived in Canada:

First they ask a bunch of general questions like "who sponsored you", "have you been to Canada before", and address details.

Then they ask you sign the COPR in their presence and hand you your copy of the form along with a big bag full of a binder and information about Canada and in our case, Ontario.

The whole process took about 5-10 minutes with the officer and it was quick and simple--no hassles. The officer was really friendly and was quite surprised at how fast my husband got his PR. She was telling him that she talks to people who have been waiting almost 2 years.

I hope this helps and I hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend and may the next week be full of AORs, PPRs, and DMs!
Thanks for sharing your story... My wife is planning to land by the end of month..

newdelhi2011

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
july 2011
Passport Req..
14-12-2011
ashunandal said:
hi newdelhi
have you received your passport yet??
how long it took in your case to complete BC??? our case is very similar to yours. i lived in UK for more than 1 year. still waiting for sponsor approval ??? ???
It took less then a month for BC. Since they asked for travel history detail by snail mail, it wasted another month there too.

pandapenda

Sep 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
Doc's Request.
17-02-2012
File Transfer...
07-11-2011
Interview........
None - 2 years of travel history
Passport Req..
8-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-14-2012
getting police clearance in bombay was a nightmare

we sent our application out without the police clearance per our lawyer and then when ND requested our passport, they also requested the police clearance documents

I think the PPR letter is generic and everyone gets asked to submit police clearance if not previously submitted right?

pandapenda

Sep 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
Doc's Request.
17-02-2012
File Transfer...
07-11-2011
Interview........
None - 2 years of travel history
Passport Req..
8-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-14-2012
newdelhi2011 said:
It took less then a month for BC. Since they asked for travel history detail by snail mail, it wasted another month there too.

you must be so happy all this is finally over!

Arjun3

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2012
AOR Received.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
17-07-2012
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
12-11-2012
ksunny said:
Hi guys,

As promised, here are the details of when my husband arrived in Canada:

First they ask a bunch of general questions like "who sponsored you", "have you been to Canada before", and address details.

Then they ask you sign the COPR in their presence and hand you your copy of the form along with a big bag full of a binder and information about Canada and in our case, Ontario.

The whole process took about 5-10 minutes with the officer and it was quick and simple--no hassles. The officer was really friendly and was quite surprised at how fast my husband got his PR. She was telling him that she talks to people who have been waiting almost 2 years.

I hope this helps and I hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend and may the next week be full of AORs, PPRs, and DMs!
Congratulations again! and thanks for sharing the information.

Arjun3

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2012
AOR Received.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
17-07-2012
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
12-11-2012
gst8486 said:
If thats the case then you definitely can go ahead with alternatives, Passport and High School Documents are the best options. Even a voter card would help you !

Best of Luck Buddy !
I am wondering about that too, anyone else sent only passport photocopy and high school document photocopy to meet the "Identity and civil status documents" requirement from the India specific checklist (3904E) and it went through fine?

We won't be able to provide voter's ID too.

Also, it is only a photocopy, not notarization or anything, would this be an issue after it is transferred to ND? she'll be sending the passport at that time anyway.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
the said checklist clearly mentions that :

If the birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original
documents establishing identity such as:
• old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation certificate), and
• Voter’s ID card.

So you have to provide Voter ID

Arjun3

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2012
AOR Received.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
17-07-2012
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
12-11-2012
gst8486 said:

If the birth is registered late, include the original baptism certificate and other original
• old school records (Fifth class, Middle standard and Matriculation certificate), and
• Voter's ID card.

They did mention "documents establishing identity such as" which makes it sound like that list is not exactly complete, and there can be other similar documents that can establish identity.

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
gst8486 said:

• Voter's ID card.

thanks for your explanation but voter card is also a huge problem in India, they just put year of birth not month and date on voter card. i dont think that can help but we can provide lot of other documents showing same date of birth such as school certificate, driving licence, PAN card and passport.
i think that should be ok but you are right CIC can create problem and delay our application for anything. so we should try to gather all possible documents
सुरक्षा में ही बचाव है

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
thanks friend for you revert can u please let me know if we need to send document checklist and supplementary information form -delhi as well with application your prompt reply will be much appreciated

please any members would like to respond to my query and give me their expertise advise i will appreciate

thanks
abhi

comfortably numb said:
do it manually ... with a black ball point pen.

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
HELP!!!!!HELP!!!!!HELP
Is there any applicant who has applied without birth certificate. i have sent my application to mississauga before 75 days and didnt hear anything yet. my mother-in-law called cic before few days and agent told her that they might have sent my application back and then again he said no i think we did not. he said i can see sponsor's name on system nothing else. she tried to call them many times but they didnt say anything after that. they said they cant give her any information about our case. (wife is living with me)we also tried to call from india but could talk to agent.
someone told me that CIC returned their application after 3 months because of lack of birth certificate. i dont know how can they do that , they are supposed to request additional documents instead of return application. they clearly mentioned in checklist that, if you are enable to provide birth certificate, you can send other documents showing your date of birth such as school certificate and voter card.
i think they just want to make it impossible for us. :mad: :mad:

newdelhi2011

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
july 2011
Passport Req..
14-12-2011
ashunandal said:
HELP!!!!!HELP!!!!!HELP
Is there any applicant who has applied without birth certificate. i have sent my application to mississauga before 75 days and didnt hear anything yet. my mother-in-law called cic before few days and agent told her that they might have sent my application back and then again he said no i think we did not. he said i can see sponsor's name on system nothing else. she tried to call them many times but they didnt say anything after that. they said they cant give her any information about our case. (wife is living with me)we also tried to call from india but could talk to agent.
someone told me that CIC returned their application after 3 months because of lack of birth certificate. i dont know how can they do that , they are supposed to request additional documents instead of return application. they clearly mentioned in checklist that, if you are enable to provide birth certificate, you can send other documents showing your date of birth such as school certificate and voter card.
unfortunately, your only option is to try calling call center at Mississauga again. They are known for sending the whole application back if an application is missing anything. You will have to go through the check list and make sure again that birth certificate is the only thing you missed.
Did you write any letter explaining why you couldn't put birth cert.? It always helps them understand your case better. If you don't have any alternatives, you better consult a good consultant or lawyer before sending your application back.

R

robin55

hey is anyone there who has done medical in june 2011 and still waiting for visa???or anyone who has got visa.?for family class???plz reply if there is anyone???

Arjun3

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2012
AOR Received.
16-07-2012
File Transfer...
17-07-2012
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
12-11-2012
ashunandal said:
they clearly mentioned in checklist that, if you are enable to provide birth certificate, you can send other documents showing your date of birth such as school certificate and voter card.
Who said they returned the entire package for missing birth certificate? Someone you know in RL?

Also, did you provide school certificate and voter's id ? photocopy or notarized/certified photocopy of both?

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
Arjun3 said:
Who said they returned the entire package for missing birth certificate? Someone you know in RL?

Also, did you provide school certificate and voter's id ? photocopy or notarized/certified photocopy of both?
yes there is someone on this forum, he applied under skilled worker and didnt put birth certificate but sent school certificate just like me. his application package was returned after 3 months.
i sent only 10th certificate photocopy not notorized and i didnt send my voter card because i have different dates on that :(