+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

vengat83

Jan 5, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2011
Med's Done....
07-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-Jun-2012 (call from ND)
LANDED..........
SOON
cival said:
Hi All

To recap: I had approached my MP more than a month ago, he enquired and was told that my wife would most probably have an interview. I then applied for GCMS notes. After lil more than a month got the notes today.
GCMS notes says: that we are compatible in all aspects (blah blah), however:

When i left india after a visit last year, I had a flight change over in Abu Dhabi and was chatting with my wife from there. using one of the airport kiosks. So the date on that kiosk is apparently wrong as it states a date one day in the past.

So it seems like that is the only reason they want an interview, as that is the only reason mentioned.
Its mentioned "Recommend Interview"
Should I send proof for this to them or ???
if I can send additional proof, where do we send it and how?

Thanks
Cival
OMG :eek:
I did the same thing - chatting from Abu Dhabi Airport KIOSK !
I know for sure that those KIOSKs are prone for damn bugs :-|||
I also updated Facebook status though...I sent a screenshot of Facebook messages that we sent across along with the application.
Hopefully that should not be the cause of my delay :( :(

All the best cival !!!!

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
vengat83 said:
vengat83 said:
I also updated Facebook status though...I sent a screenshot of Facebook messages that we sent across along with the application.

All the best cival !!!!

All the best cival !!!!
ohhh i think Abu Dhabi is giving problems to everyone. i also had flight change in abu dhabi and tried to open kiosk internet but i could not. i had to wait for 5 hours there for my next flight. i tried many times to use internet but i could not...i think they were having some internet problem that day.
thank god

Cricket365

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Currently in Toronto
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Jan-2012
Doc's Request.
Not Yet
File Transfer...
transfered to ND on 27th Feb 2012
Med's Done....
September, 2011
Interview........
31st July 2012
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Hey Vengat, I saw my details in the spreadsheet :D thanks for inserting this. How can I update this further.

cival

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajith111 said:
Hi Cival,

Good to hear that you got some updates. I would say that you send the proofs to ND ASAP. Have a copy with you also, in case if you are called for an interview, you might show it then. Send some additional proofs also. Write a covering letter stating that you got the info from GCM notes and that you are sending these proofs for clarification.

I am going to apply for GCM notes today and will be doing the same too.

All the best.

Thanks
Yes we are going to send a explanation letter also with some additional supporting docs to ND, seems silly if this is the only reason of the interview.
You should apply for the notes as it takes a while.
All the best

cival

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vengat83 said:

All the best cival !!!!
You gotta be kidding me, same thing? Does your FB messages have the wrong date too?
This really sucks, who would have thought this would be the reason of our delay.

All the best to you too.

pandapenda

Sep 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
Doc's Request.
17-02-2012
File Transfer...
07-11-2011
Interview........
None - 2 years of travel history
Passport Req..
8-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-14-2012
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :'(

we chatted in transit tooo this is absurd

havent requested our notes yet...

vengat83

Jan 5, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2011
Med's Done....
07-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SOON
cival said:
You gotta be kidding me, same thing? Does your FB messages have the wrong date too?
This really sucks, who would have thought this would be the reason of our delay.

All the best to you too.
No, I just checked, my FB messages sent from Abu Dhabi and my travel dates are matching.

I travel from Chennai to Abu dhabi to Toronto...
So transit is on morning time and the date matches with the message i sent.

vengat83

Jan 5, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2011
Med's Done....
07-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SOON
Cricket365 said:
Hey Vengat, I saw my details in the spreadsheet :D thanks for inserting this. How can I update this further.
Send me a PM and i will update.

pandapenda

Sep 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
Doc's Request.
17-02-2012
File Transfer...
07-11-2011
Interview........
None - 2 years of travel history
Passport Req..
8-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-14-2012
vengat83 out of curiosity does your wife have travel history? why do you think there is a delay in your case?

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
the spring had a little bump over the weekend, i am sure you heard about it down east but its all gone. beautiful weather. wife is enjoying the long days, she was surprised when i told her in another month or so we will have sunlight past 9 and 10pm/
this weekend need to rake the yard, get ready to fertilize...my wife loves the stupidly big yard, i told her the novelty will wear off soon...lol, jk i love our yard too (one of the reason i built the house on that lot) but sometimes i wish i could hire someone to do the chores for me.

newdelhi2011 said:
Thanks bablibali.

Thanks Singhson. My wife is an applicant and she will be coming to Toronto. :) We are just waiting for her PP back and then hopefully she can fly sometime this month. How are things with you and your wife? Enjoying spring in west?

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
I live out west in alberta. Nova Scotia is a beautiful place and in fact the job market is just starting to heat up with the new gov't contract they got for shipyard and building new vessels ($25 billion contract). I am guessing you will be a Haligonians :) as most of the brown people live in that ciry.

lot of people actually moved to alberta cause of the job market and wanted to make quick cash now with the times changing in nova scotia some are heading back.

for NS here is the name change info
http://www.gov.ns.ca/snsmr/access/vitalstats/changing-name.asp

you can google whichever province you are planning to settle in and their requirements.
ashunandal said:
thanks singhson for reply! ok good i dont have to worry about last name until i get to canada then :) i am landing in nova scotia (i have family there), and im not sure about name requirements and job market and business opportunities there. we might have to change province later. where are you living in canada?

cival

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alright, all those that have been following the saga of our chats in Abu Dhabi displaying the wrong date.

We have figured it out:

After researching why the time shows differently at the Abu Dhabi airport, we realized that the timestamps in the gmail chats is extracted from the systems clock’s timezone.

So if I were to read my chats in Abu Dhabi it would show as that timezone, but if I read the same chats in Canada, it will show the times as the Canada time zone.
I had printed these chats in Canada during the time of sending in the application and hence it shows as the Canadian timezone (EST).

And my wife has "instructed" me to mention that she was the smart genious that figured this out. kudos sweetie :)

We will be sending this info to ND along with some others prints.

Cival

vengat83

Jan 5, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2011
Med's Done....
07-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SOON
pandapenda said:
vengat83 out of curiosity does your wife have travel history? why do you think there is a delay in your case?
yes...my wife is the applicant...we traveled to malaysia for one week, for our honeymoon...and then she went to singapore for one month.
both after marriage.
May be thats why the delay.

But after seeing cival's GCMS notes, I am thinking it might be due to any minute details in our application details tooo !!!

In any case, I am also going to order GCMS notes...Now I have set my expectations to get the via only before October (which is one year from my date of application) , so that I dont keep waiting for it. Let them take whatever time they want.
On a serious note, worrying or getting anxious about when we will get visas is the last thng that we should be doing. Its seriously not worth it to worry about when compared to bigger things in life, to me.

vengat83

Jan 5, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2011
Med's Done....
07-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SOON
cival said:
Alright, all those that have been following the saga of our chats in Abu Dhabi displaying the wrong date.

We have figured it out:

After researching why the time shows differently at the Abu Dhabi airport, we realized that the timestamps in the gmail chats is extracted from the systems clock's timezone.

So if I were to read my chats in Abu Dhabi it would show as that timezone, but if I read the same chats in Canada, it will show the times as the Canada time zone.
I had printed these chats in Canada during the time of sending in the application and hence it shows as the Canadian timezone (EST).

And my wife has "instructed" me to mention that she was the smart genious that figured this out. kudos sweetie :)

We will be sending this info to ND along with some others prints.

Cival

Great !!! Thought that it could only be because of that.
In my case, both time zone gives the same "date"...my flight was at 4:00 AM in chennai and I reached Abu Dhabi in afternoon, by which time its the same day early morning in canada. So no date confusion in the message.

But if those guys are these much detail oriented, I really dont know where else there could be date problem in mine, as there are lots of dates.

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Halo Friends,

In Medical form that is Appendix C Visa Office we should mention DELHI or Canada

Please friends let me know asap..medicals are on Thursday

Thanks
Abhishek