+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb 23, 2012 (New Delhi recieved it March 24, 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
vengat83 said:
I just saw in October thread that a person got his Visa in just 8 days after PPR :eek: :eek: :eek:

Their VOs original processing times are in 17 months !!!!

Toooo good for him !

Things like these make me believe in miracles again ???
Wow! Great for that person! He must also be a skillful person, who stood out from the rest of the applications from that country. Like they thought je would be a very good representer of their country

D

deven

vengat83 said:
I dont think you can change it online !

You need an send an email to ND I guess.
when you log in to your ecas their is link below your address

chance your address
that is online and also you can notify through CSQ or email or fax or regular mail

they will change in your record and possible you may not even respond regard that
and will just update

rest i dont know about process time...........

vengat83

Jan 5, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Oct-2011
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
12-Dec-2011
Med's Done....
07-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
31-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-Jun-2012 (call from ND)
LANDED..........
SOON
deven,

I clicked that link to see what happens.

Its says: to Change your address 'contact us'

When you click contact us link, it takes you to the generic contact page of CIC:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/index.asp

singhson

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
you can only change the address online if you're case is being processed in canada or if you are changing sponsor's address. However for applications being processed outside of canada you need to email the respective visa office. For new ND send them the email (or snail mail) with a descriptive header such as "File# Fxxx, change of mailing address" or something along those lines. They will update the address in about 10 to 15 days, they won't send you any reply but they will update it.

As for the 26 working days (6 weeks) as their turn around time, thats for inquiries via CSE form and even then they will reply to you if your case has passed the 6 months processing time.

CanadiansWife said:
Someone mentioned on here that I can update it online,
I can send them an email, but it takes like 26 days to reply or something!

Anyone has anyother idea??

karish1978

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
File Transfer...
22-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011~ Medicals Received Dec 3rd 2011
Interview........
17-04-2011 rejected. Appealled May 2012, Appeal won May 30, 2014
Passport Req..
Inshallah Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah Soon
LANDED..........
Inshallah Soon
canadians wife......yikes....well i hope they go to DM and ask for your ppt...that way...even if you have to go to india you know your ppt will be back with you asap. I will ask my lawyer what he says about mailing the ppt to india...cuz from what i understood it can be done...

ajy457

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
18-11-2015
sivathegreat said:
@ ajy457
I understand what you say. It is an individual preference.
I am not suggesting but I am just letting out my frusties..
Let them decide, ok

You from Hyderabad? My wife is from Hyderabad too. I am from Chennai.

Thanks for your wishes. I also thought of surprising like that. Then I have decided not too. It is a big thing to show in India without information. It also creates a "future false expectation"

In my case it is not impossibble but I have to stretch. (My wed anni is on 11th March)
So even If I go, I will inform her.

This is only my specific case, my wife wont take such a big surprise easily. She may break down. (I dont know I am just assuming)
I guess you are right; it is an individual preference. We can only bring forward our point of view and let the individual decide what he wants to do.

Yes, my wife and I are both from Hyderabad. I thought a lot before deciding to surprise her. She surprised her parents a couple of times with surprise visits before, so I thought I should give it a try. Luckily it worked.

Hopefully you get to hear THE good news at the time of your wedding anniversary. Good luck with that.

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
ajy457 said:
I guess you are right; it is an individual preference. We can only bring forward our point of view and let the individual decide what he wants to do.

Yes, my wife and I are both from Hyderabad. I thought a lot before deciding to surprise her. She surprised her parents a couple of times with surprise visits before, so I thought I should give it a try. Luckily it worked.

Hopefully you get to hear THE good news at the time of your wedding anniversary. Good luck with that.
Hey, Im from Hyderabad too. Where do you stay? Or rather, where does your wife stay? :)

newdelhi2011

Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
File Transfer...
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
july 2011
Passport Req..
14-12-2011
any DMs today? :'(

Jsidhu22

Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 26 2010/ July 2011
File Transfer...
June 26 2010/Aug 2 2011
Med's Done....
April 2010-sent with application /Nov 18 2011
Interview........
Aug 31 2010 -refused / ADR - June 14 2011 - approved
Passport Req..
July 2010/ Jan 10 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Sooner
ajy457 said:
Congratulations on PPR. Just curious to know your time line.

Applied - may 26 2010
Refused- aug 31 2010
Got refusal letter - oct 2010
Appealed right away - oct 13 2010
ADR - June 14 2011 and won!
Got letter of approval - July 14 2011
Application received ND - aug 2 2011
Started processing nov 2011
Medicals were done and received nov 2011
PPR - Jan 19 2012

D

deven

any body who have asked CHC ND through CSQ and got reply recently

how long do they take them to reply?????

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
"....Mr. Pannu believes this would get to the root of the problem, and force Indo-Canadians to start marrying from within their community in Canada, instead of going back home in search of a spouse...."

Let Mr. Pannu try himself..

I tried...
girls born and brought up here are not interested in someone "fresh off the boat" like me
girls recently immigrated wants a better and well settled person in Canada (...typical of India..)

white girls are better than Indian girls since they atleast talk, smile and courteous
but still they dont understand "why I want to marry (instead of just being friends)"...also they are afraid of the marriage becoming "sour" (lot of stories of white girls / Indian turning disaster..)

some white girls feel Indian males eventhough initially "shake" thier head after some time the "Real" comes out of him...he cant bear certain "canadian" things

My only option left was India
Again I face lot of problems getting a girl in India
- Parents dont want to send girls abroad
- Some want to get married because of Canada (very obvious with some)
- My social handicaps in India could not satisfy the "average" father looking for a "Settled" groom for her daugther..I am not a "fathers pick"...

An immigrant?? and "Settled".??? it takes lot of years to settle here in Canada. My 15 years experience is no good here. In India honesty does not "pay". If say to the father..yeah..! I am en engineer but right now working as a construction laborer.."

- Girlfriends in India? Chennai is still stone age in that aspect.

I did not lose hope however.
I never had "unrealistic" expectations
I am fortunate to get my wife.

Anytime you have an opportunity to influence the changes to IRPA with respect to "Marriage Frauds and Processing of Spouse Visas and Probabtion"

Please think about situations like mine.

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
karish1978 said:
canadians wife......yikes....well i hope they go to DM and ask for your ppt...that way...even if you have to go to india you know your ppt will be back with you asap. I will ask my lawyer what he says about mailing the ppt to india...cuz from what i understood it can be done...

Hey Karish, ask your lawyer and let me know because everyone, including if you search for it online, says that mailing a passport to India is illegal, and there have been Many situations where the customs catch that and it's stuck at the border. My lawyer told me that she does not suggest me to mail my passport to India.

I was thinking about your case and mine yesterday, your husband obviously put down his Atlanta address in the forms yet? Did he ever receive a letter in the mail FROM the ND office? I'm wondering if they are trying
to send you the PPR letter but can't because it's to an over seas address?? Ever thought about that? Do you know if they can and are willing to send letters like that to applicants over seas?

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
sivathegreat said:
Any body read this before?

http://www.fraudmarriage.com/immigration_watch_canada.htm

Tags: Canada-Immigration-Spouse-Marriage-Fraud-refusal rate

That's just sick!! It's people like that are the reason why we have to wait a few months and headache (and some long months and headache) until we are able to be with our spouse and start our lives tgrther! It's people like that why we hey published- Why Karish's husband couldn't be there for the birth of his new born, why I never got to meet my father in law because I couldnt go to the funeral, or even ever get to meet him and get his blessings in person! (sadly he passed last month).
Its stupid f u c king people like that who can stoop that low and ruin it for the rest of us who are wanting be
with our spouse, who we are in a genuine relationship with!! How can Indians do this! This is not who we are! Anyway, im typing from my iPhone, If I was on the computer, I would have typed out a huge essay on this!