+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

Poodles

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2010
File Transfer...
04-08-2010
Passport Req..
26-08-2010(sent 27-08-10 ,received 28-08-10)
VISA ISSUED...
15-oct -2010(received 22 oct 2010)
Thank you Boyee ,sim ,Chinthu ,deepak,applied 03 ... :)

@boyee ya my shoulder and heart just feels so much lighter and i feel alive after getting the visa :D

Guys just hang in there ,Good news is coming your way this week and after that u will forget this difficult period ,i can vouch for that :)

Cheers !!!!

sandipsn

Sep 7, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Doc's Request.
02-08-2010
AOR Received.
21-06-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Interview........
20-10-2010
Passport Req..
09-07-2010
My wife and I went for her interview on the 20th of October, and basically they want DNA testing done of our child whom is due in early January... Life sucks, but at least there will be closure as soon as mother and child is healthy enough to travel down to Delhi and conduct the DNA swab test...It's my second marriage and I am also physically disabled by birth, so I know where they are coming from, but it still feels unfair... nearly 34 years after my mother gave birth to me in Norway I am now forced to have my child born in India... I know that might sound wrong, but I am frustrated... We all wish to have our parents/siblings and other close friends and family around us at such an occasion, but an over eager VO stole that from me....

mverma

Oct 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NEw delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-10
AOR Received.
16-07-10
File Transfer...
29-07-10
Passport Req..
06-08-10
DPM said:
HI Mverma, Kindly let me know what kind of additional documents they asked for..Nothing to worry...it may take around 2 months from the date of submission of the additional documents....

they were really simple documents, they basically wanted a travel document from my wife stating where she had traveled and such, but she never went out of india so there wasnt much to fill in there. but why would it take two more months? do you think I should just go back to Toronto and continue waiting there. its kinda hard to leave my wife behind though

B

boyee6576

Poodles.. yep.. pretty amazing feeling. Cant really discribe it. Just 17 more days for us and he will be here. So excited. So when are you landing?

Everyone hang in there. I know its easy for me to say, but I know what your feeling. Have been through it for nearly two years. And like poodles said, once you get that visa in your hand this crap that you are going through will melt away like summer snow. Your turnes coming.

Anxious to see who gets their visa this week :D

rajeev9891

Sep 16, 2010
Don't mind guys but here we r little disseminated ... coz ppls behind us getting visa and we r from April and may time line still waiting for visa and tired to congratulate other ppls and wait every week something about hear.......

i think why this Thread now being very quite............

any way enjoy Ur life there
best of luck

B

boyee6576

I know what it feels like. We had to go through an appeal while others were zipping through their process. We sent in our application in Jan/09. We had huge amount of proof and yet others got interview waived and passports back in what seemed like record time while we got a nasty interviewer that made our life a living hell. Its been nearly 2 years of struggle and fighting to prove the ridiculous reasons for our rejection. Even the immigration rep at our appeal hearing said it was foolish reasons. We have been waiting since March /10, since we won the appeal to have this finally come to an end. Now finally this two year hellish ordeal is over. I can understand the frustration and the feelings of watching others be joined with their loved ones while you wait and wait what seems like forever to be with you spouse. The process doesnt seem fair to some and over generous to others. Certainly my intension is not to rub faces in the fact we got the visa, but hopefully and inspiration that soon ALL of our nightmare of separation will be over. Its over for me, it will soon be over for you also. Patience is hard but it is also a virture. It will be over with and you will be back with your loved one. It will happen.

rajeev9891

Sep 16, 2010
I know Boyee we can't compare our self to you coz u guys relay had a very hard time..... but i am relay mad that ppls behind us almost month and they said to us bye bye and may be next week for us ..... and we tiered to wait about every next Tuesday..........

i thinks its why Rocky636 minku and i am almost trying stay away from this site...............

B

boyee6576

Yes that is totally understandable. I try not to get annoyed to those who complain about going through the process and having their spouse with them and just filed. How they have to wait and wait, but are waiting with their loved one. That really annoys me. I got tired too of the...Next tuesday, next tuesday, its like broken record and you get sick of hearing it. I dont understand how those you have appiled after you can get through faster, its not fair but then again I dont feel that Delhi is all that fair. If you have been able to find out why your case is taking so long I would contact the local MP here in canada. I did several times. Not sure if that helped but atleast I got some idea if they were processing or waiting for security check. It really upsets me that you have to depend on ecas to find out anything. I think we have a right to know where in the process we are and not have to send an email and wait and wait for a response. I think a file should be updated each week. Even if they put on ecas the date they work on your file such as In process Oct 18th. And then the next week put security checks being done...etc What is the harm in that? atleast you would know that they are doing something. Thats just my thoughts. I know they are busy there but I am sure that they dont work that hard, after all its government. They dont get paid by the case the process. Maybe thats what they should do. Pay the officers by the cases they process. I am sure that things would move alot faster.
I really understand your feelings completely. This is a very difficult process for some of us. Hang in there

B

boyee6576

Bhai... dont even whisper such things. I know this is very diffult but that would solve nothing. So many would suffer. Your family and most of all your wife. This is hard on your wife too, but if you did that imagine how it would destroy her?

mverma

Oct 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NEw delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-10
AOR Received.
16-07-10
File Transfer...
29-07-10
Passport Req..
06-08-10
hello hello!

its been 80 days since my wifes passport has gone to New Delhi...still waiting.... at least it sgood too see some people are receiving their visas. now my dought that Candian high commision in New delhi is full of dead people is false. fingers crossed and praying hard that a ton of people including my wife get their passport this week! live and let live I say! ;D

canindian

Star Member
Sep 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
Doc's Request.
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
File Transfer...
18-08-2010
Med's Done....
20-03-2010
Interview........
10-11-2010 Success!!!!
Passport Req..
14-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
arriving 26-11-2010
mverma said:
hello hello!

its been 80 days since my wifes passport has gone to New Delhi...still waiting.... at least it sgood too see some people are receiving their visas. now my dought that Candian high commision in New delhi is full of dead people is false. fingers crossed and praying hard that a ton of people including my wife get their passport this week! live and let live I say! ;D
I hope they are not dead! we have our interview coming up on the 10th and would very much like to talk to a live person who can stamp the passport! Getting very nervous and excited!

sanyrog

Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010
AOR Received.
27-09-2010
File Transfer...
04-10-2010
Med's Done....
31-05-2010
Passport Req..
02-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-3-2011 rec on 23-3-2011
LANDED..........
28-3-2011
hello all. Is it possible for us to enquire about the status of our application using my sponsor's file #, as I have not got a file number for myself yet?

ipskang

Star Member
Feb 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
xyrus said:
Thank you all!!!!! My eCAS finally changed to Decision Made today but don't really care at this point! Hope you all see eCAS update before receiving the Visa to ease the anxiety!!

Flying out thursday night, Friday early morning 2:30 AM Jet Airways! Will reach Friday noon @ Pearson Airport, Toronto.

PR approval timeline after PP submission is quite unpredictable if you ask me! It all depends how long background checks take as the embassy forwards this job to another government body called CSIS! I think if one's name or any other personal details matches with particulars on their scrutiny list then it may take longer as they'll dig deeper. Tough luck but no choice! Also, my case took longer as I submitted my USA FBI Police Clearance Certificate much later. Hope this helps.
Congratulations Xyrus!!! Its really nice to see finally u got the visa

canindian

Star Member
Sep 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
Doc's Request.
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
File Transfer...
18-08-2010
Med's Done....
20-03-2010
Interview........
10-11-2010 Success!!!!
Passport Req..
14-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
arriving 26-11-2010
sanyrog said:
hello all. Is it possible for us to enquire about the status of our application using my sponsor's file #, as I have not got a file number for myself yet?
Hi,

You can enquire on eCAS using your sponsors file #. In the same way you checked when it was being processed in Canada. Chances are that it won't be updated until the time that you receive your immigration file # and details from Delhi. You can see the same info using either info.

Hope that helps. I know that the wait kills!

sanyrog

Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010
AOR Received.
27-09-2010
File Transfer...
04-10-2010
Med's Done....
31-05-2010
Passport Req..
02-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-3-2011 rec on 23-3-2011
LANDED..........
28-3-2011
canindian said:
Hi,

You can enquire on eCAS using your sponsors file #. In the same way you checked when it was being processed in Canada. Chances are that it won't be updated until the time that you receive your immigration file # and details from Delhi. You can see the same info using either info.

Hope that helps. I know that the wait kills!
yeah, but am asking abt enquiring by emailing them. To email, they want my own file # right?