+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

kunalbhavsar

Aug 27, 2010
Scarborouh,Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
Doc's Request.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
18-05-2010
Passport Req..
22-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2010
chinthu said:
@ Rachel .. very very happy for u ... for this cmg tuesday its going to be 2 wks since they received my PP ... i am very scared n excited too ....
i knw its too early to expect visa but u knw this is making me so tensed at times ....

planning to leave to Canada atleast by Oct1st r 2nd wk if everything goes fine ....

So are you done with ur shopping and other stuffs???? if possible call me once before u leave ....

enjoyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

i am going to shiridi this wk ... will definitely pray for everybody here who r waiting for their visas including mine ......
Hey chinthu,

if you are going for shirdi , please pray for minku and xyrus... i wish they can get visa asap...
and pray behalf of me and my wife also..
baba is always there for us..

jai sai ram

Rachel

Dec 18, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI(Dependent child )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-5-2010
AOR Received.
28-6-2010(Missisauga)
File Transfer...
22-6-2010
Med's Done....
30-3-2010
Passport Req..
30-7-2010
VISA ISSUED...
20-8-2010 ( GOT IT ON 27-8-2010)
chinthu said:
@ Rachel .. very very happy for u ... for this cmg tuesday its going to be 2 wks since they received my PP ... i am very scared n excited too ....
i knw its too early to expect visa but u knw this is making me so tensed at times ....

planning to leave to Canada atleast by Oct1st r 2nd wk if everything goes fine ....

So are you done with ur shopping and other stuffs???? if possible call me once before u leave ....

enjoyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

i am going to shiridi this wk ... will definitely pray for everybody here who r waiting for their visas including mine ......
Chinthu,
I havent yet done wid my shopping yet...have 2 get some winter stuff 4 me n baby....thinkin of buyin it in chennai d day b4 i leave so im gonna do some last minute shoppin n just stuff it into bags n leave...so do u know any place in chennai were i can get some cheap winter stuff....last time i bought in Allen Solly at spencer's n it was very expensive...dont wanna spend much dis time.....i'll definitely call u b4 i leave....ive shared my mail id n hope to b in touch :)

deep8885

Aug 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Still waitin been over 2 months they have the pp and it will be 6 months in a week since I've applied for my wife.. She didn't travel or nething y sooo long:( I'm hopeless

minku9

May 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
22-07-2010 (sent July 29)
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2010 (mailed out on 26-10-2010) recv Oct 28
deep8885 said:
Still waitin been over 2 months they have the pp and it will be 6 months in a week since I've applied for my wife.. She didn't travel or nething y sooo long:( I'm hopeless
Hey Deep - That is outrageous, I feel for you! Now that is close/over the 6 month time frame, have you considered approaching your MP or ordering CAIPS Notes? Quite frankly, it's hopeless to communicate with CHC ND and expect a precise answer.

We just ordered my CAIPS notes yesterday, so they should arrive in 4 weeks...I just have a feeling...we got married in a civil ceremony in Canada, and there was an issue with my PP being damaged and I had to renew it in ND...I wanted to be proactive so ordered them!

Another option, have u guys tried going down to CHC ND...I know they brush people off and rarely provide any answers...but it's another avenue!

Let me know what you think...good luck...all you know it could be in mail! ;) :)

DPM

Aug 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Almost 6 weeks passed after submitting PP.....no updates....just too much!

sanyrog

Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010
AOR Received.
27-09-2010
File Transfer...
04-10-2010
Med's Done....
31-05-2010
Passport Req..
02-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-3-2011 rec on 23-3-2011
LANDED..........
28-3-2011
Xyrus,

Thanks a lot :)

ipskang

Star Member
Feb 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
Hello Everyone,

How you all are doing?. I landed at Calgary Airport yesterday. Flight duration was very long. I would say its better to spend more $ and get direct flight. Let me share my experience.

I got Mumbai-London-Calgary flight. During Immigration clearance at Mumbai airport, the officer asked me where is your Police Clearance certificate? I said I had submitted it with my Application and got xerox copy . He replied I need PCC for last month as you might have done some crime during waiting period. Then he asked me my expired passport and I was not sure that It was with me. So he said I cannot allow you to go as you don't have old expired passport and PCC. After sometime, he took me to some room and discuss the issue with some senior officer. I told the senior officer that I applied on spouse visa and I was working as s/w engineer in india. I showed the experience letter from my company and luckily i found my old expired passport from my bag. He allowed me to go.

The first officer was bugging me without any reason, as it was not mentioned about PCC or expired passport. If you have old expired passport then do take it along and if you can arrange for last month PCC then it would be great.

Make sure you tell them that you are on spouse visa and show them resgination acceptance letter from your company.

I landed in Calgary , there was no rush in the immigration section and the lady talked to me for 5 minutes, asked me where i m going, how much money you have, what does my wife do for living and she told me that I will recieve PR card within 6 to 8 weeks.

Then met my relatives in Calgary and boarded domestic flight to Fort Mcmuuray and it was great moment to see my wife waiting for me with flowers. Now I am with my wife , relaxing!!!

hope you all get visa soon and re join your loved ones.

B

boyee6576

Congratulations! I am very happy for you.

I have not heard anyone landing from India saying they had to have PCC before. How up todate does your PCC have to be before you land?

again Congratulations :D

kunalbhavsar

Aug 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
Doc's Request.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
18-05-2010
Passport Req..
22-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2010
minku9 said:
Hey Deep - That is outrageous, I feel for you! Now that is close/over the 6 month time frame, have you considered approaching your MP or ordering CAIPS Notes? Quite frankly, it's hopeless to communicate with CHC ND and expect a precise answer.

We just ordered my CAIPS notes yesterday, so they should arrive in 4 weeks...I just have a feeling...we got married in a civil ceremony in Canada, and there was an issue with my PP being damaged and I had to renew it in ND...I wanted to be proactive so ordered them!

Another option, have u guys tried going down to CHC ND...I know they brush people off and rarely provide any answers...but it's another avenue!

Let me know what you think...good luck...all you know it could be in mail! ;) :)
Hey Minku ,

i had talked with my friend and he also told me not too email cic office , even i called cic office in Canada on Friday and ask them whether its really bug them if we call and surprisingly csr told me it could bug them.
so don't mail them anymore and wait... and yeah this Tuesday will be yours and xyrus turn
i am eagerly waiting for both of your updates to decision made....

Xyrus :: where are you going to live buddy ?

deep8885

Aug 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
minku9 said:

no i have not done anything except the wait... what is CAIPS??.. and what am i going to do with MP here in canada? what am i going to tell him?.. once one of my distant relative told me that if u need to talk to the MP let me know.. i thought i wudnt really have to so i didnt ask.. but may be its time now.. this wait is killing and i know u know how it feels.. thanx ya it cud be in mail.. but man i will believe it when i see it.. until then jst wait and wait... hate it honestly

deep8885

Aug 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ipskang said:
Hello Everyone,

How you all are doing?. I landed at Calgary Airport yesterday. Flight duration was very long. I would say its better to spend more $ and get direct flight. Let me share my experience.

I got Mumbai-London-Calgary flight. During Immigration clearance at Mumbai airport, the officer asked me where is your Police Clearance certificate? I said I had submitted it with my Application and got xerox copy . He replied I need PCC for last month as you might have done some crime during waiting period. Then he asked me my expired passport and I was not sure that It was with me. So he said I cannot allow you to go as you don't have old expired passport and PCC. After sometime, he took me to some room and discuss the issue with some senior officer. I told the senior officer that I applied on spouse visa and I was working as s/w engineer in india. I showed the experience letter from my company and luckily i found my old expired passport from my bag. He allowed me to go.

The first officer was bugging me without any reason, as it was not mentioned about PCC or expired passport. If you have old expired passport then do take it along and if you can arrange for last month PCC then it would be great.

Make sure you tell them that you are on spouse visa and show them resgination acceptance letter from your company.

I landed in Calgary , there was no rush in the immigration section and the lady talked to me for 5 minutes, asked me where i m going, how much money you have, what does my wife do for living and she told me that I will recieve PR card within 6 to 8 weeks.

Then met my relatives in Calgary and boarded domestic flight to Fort Mcmuuray and it was great moment to see my wife waiting for me with flowers. Now I am with my wife , relaxing!!!

hope you all get visa soon and re join your loved ones.
Congrats man!!... we r still waiting.. happy for u though.. enjoy every moment as u r with ur wife..

that was really wierd that guy in mumbaii asked u ur old pp and recent PCC... wat an idiot!!! ... acting like as if he just caught a criminal.. and acting like a FBI agent who knows alot... but in reality he was jst makin a fool out of himself .. LIke dude Visa is on the passport ..what more do u want??.. anyways.. thanx for letting us know ur experience .. have a nice life ahead..

xyrus

Jun 24, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-08-2010, USA PCC - sent on Sept. 1st
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
File Transfer...
18-06-2010
Med's Done....
12-04-2010
Passport Req..
08-07-2010 (Sent to Visa Office on 21-07-2010)
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2010 (Rec'd PP: 16-10-2010)
LANDED..........
22-10-2010
Hey deep8885! It is indeed depressing. There is always an immigration rep. at the MPs office you could approach. My wife got an appointment just to get a second opinion on how we should proceed. They are very helpful. Inquiries made by them to the Visa Office are ALWAYS taken very seriously. They ofcourse cannot expedite or have a say in your app., but they can surely find out exactly what's going on, the true picture. I think now is the time for you to take that route. Good Luck and keep us posted!

ipskang - Glad you are re-united with family and landed safely! It must be amazing. Im surprised about PCC issue the Immigration Office created for you at the airport. There is no such requirement. At least I have not heard anything like that before. These officers should be penalized for troubling passengers like this for quick money! But thanks for sharing your experience. I won't forget to carry my old PP now. I think it's legit for them to ask for it.

kunal - I am going to Toronto. My wife is working/living in Mississauga and we are debating where to settle - downtown Toronto or Mississauga. I am more keen on downtown but I guess will have to settle for Mississauga ;) cz her commute would be crazy, but from the looks for it, my commute surely would become crazy cz my work would be in Downtown....

minku9 - My gut feeling tells me you would get your visa before your CAIPS notes arrive!

DPM - this coming week should bring good news for most of us! Good Luck...

kunalbhavsar

Aug 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
Doc's Request.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
18-05-2010
Passport Req..
22-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2010
xyrus said:
Hey deep8885! It is indeed depressing. There is always an immigration rep. at the MPs office you could approach. My wife got an appointment just to get a second opinion on how we should proceed. They are very helpful. Inquiries made by them to the Visa Office are ALWAYS taken very seriously. They ofcourse cannot expedite or have a say in your app., but they can surely find out exactly what's going on, the true picture. I think now is the time for you to take that route. Good Luck and keep us posted!

ipskang - Glad you are re-united with family and landed safely! It must be amazing. Im surprised about PCC issue the Immigration Office created for you at the airport. There is no such requirement. At least I have not heard anything like that before. These officers should be penalized for troubling passengers like this for quick money! But thanks for sharing your experience. I won't forget to carry my old PP now. I think it's legit for them to ask for it.

kunal - I am going to Toronto. My wife is working/living in Mississauga and we are debating where to settle - downtown Toronto or Mississauga. I am more keen on downtown but I guess will have to settle for Mississauga ;) cz her commute would be crazy, but from the looks for it, my commute surely would become crazy cz my work would be in Downtown....

minku9 - My gut feeling tells me you would get your visa before your CAIPS notes arrive!

Hey Xyrus ,

I am in scarborough , we will have party in queens club when u will get visa and come here... ( ek se ek bombshelll aati hai vahan pe ..lol) just kidding

Xyrus , do you have any information what kind of question airport authority is going to ask when my wife will be land ? In the visa approval letter its says airport interview will be conducted ?

Please advise me
Thank you

deep8885

Aug 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xyrus said:

thanx man.. Ya I'm going to ask the MP
jst wanted to give it another week coz June 14 ND stated my app & this Tuesday it will be 3 months so if nothing till Tuesday then I'm Gona get the appointment with MP.. Thanx for ur support I mean it. U've been gr8ly helful in this thread. Thanx & good luck to u and evry1 else

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanyrog said:
Rachal,

Even if my husband is a PR, he has to be there in Canada while submitting the application. Our representative said, its ok to visit India for 2 to 3 weeks on vacation, once we submit the application. My husband comes to India next week and he is definitely going to be back to Canada, even before the sponsorship is approved. And I l be in India only, till my PR is approved. Do you think it is still not safe to do that?
Actually, that is not true. As a PR, you need to stay in Canada for the duration of the spousal sponsorship. Why doesn't your husband come to visit you and then submit the application when he returns to Canada?