VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
drpiro said:
i got a response from accra today,

Date: May 16, 2016

UCI: xxxxxxxxxx
Application: xxxxxxxxxx

Dear xxxxxxxx:

On October 25, 2012, CIC introduced a period of conditional permanent residence for certain spouses and partners.

A sponsored spouse, common-law or conjugal partner whose application for permanent residence was received by CIC on or after October 25, 2012, is subject to a period of conditional permanent residence under section 72.1 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) if they were in a relationship with their sponsor for two years or less and had no children in common with their sponsor at the time of the sponsorship application.

Section 72.1 of the IRPR states the following:

72.1 (1) Subject to subsections (5) and (6), a permanent resident described in subsection (2) is subject to the condition that they must cohabit in a conjugal relationship with their sponsor for a continuous period of two years after the day on which they became a permanent resident.

CIC has determined that you are subject to the condition under section 72.1 of the IRPR and therefore you are required to live together in a conjugal relationship with your sponsor for a period of two years after the day on which you become a permanent resident.

EXCEPTIONS:
If one of the following situations applies to you, you may contact CIC to request an exception to the condition:
You do not have to stay in the relationship with your sponsor to keep your status in Canada if you are living in a situation of abuse or neglect. Where there is evidence of abuse or neglect by your sponsor or if your sponsor fails to provide protection from abuse or neglect by a person related to your sponsor (even if that person is not living in the household), you may request an exception from the condition.

If there is evidence that your sponsor has died during the period of your conditional permanent residence, you may request an exception to the condition.

You may request an exception from the condition at any time during the two-year conditional period by calling the CIC Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100. For more information about conditional permanent residence and the exceptions, please visit the CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/family-sponsorship.asp

Information and Services for Victims of Abuse or Neglect
The police are there to help you. In an emergency situation, call 911 or 0 on your telephone and ask the operator to contact police for you.
There are websites available with information for victims of abuse or neglect. The following websites provide information for victims of abuse:

The Victim Services Directory has been created by the Department of Justice Canada and helps connect individuals with victim service providers across Canada. This directory can be found at the following website:
www.justice.gc.ca/eng/pi/pcvi-cpcv/vsd-rsv/index.html.
Note: Search for local services organizations by entering a postal code in the “Search” box on the top right-hand side of the page.

The Department of Justice Canada produces a publication titled Abuse is wrong in any language, which provides information about abuse and resources to help victims of abuse. It has been published in multiple languages and is available on their website at www.justice.gc.ca/eng/pi/fv-vf/pub/abus/abus_lang/fe-fa/index.html.

There is also information available on the CIC Website at the following website address: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-rights-abuse.asp

High Commission of Canada
Visa Section
P.O. Box 1639
Accra
Ghana
Fax: (233-21) 211-524
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=accra
www.accra.gc.ca

My husband received this the same day that he was sent the request to have his medical done again. He received PPR exactly 7 days later :)

Congratulations!

mamadmama

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 13th 2015
Doc's Request.
May 1st 2015..(Received May 20th 2015)
AOR Received.
April 8th 2015 ( sponsorship)
File Transfer...
June 4th (Decision made for SA)
Med's Request
May 1st upfront medical & more document
Med's Done....
June 12th 2015,Ecas changed to in process in Sept 2015
Interview........
Hopefully none,October 13th,requested for updated IMMM 0008 4& sponsor PIF,sent on Friday 16th.Package received on the 20th by AVO
Passport Req..
xxx
Hello house,just got back from naija,my husband visa was refused.The VO stated our marriage is not genuine after 100 pcs of wedding and casual pictures,whatapps history,call history,world remit transfer copies etc.
After,the refusal letter was received l realized the VO had wrong client ID number on my husband file,their attention was called to it and the VO apologized.My husband stated that the VO never asked about our relationship,as she keeps asking my husband my past relationship,the VO even left my husband for 30minutes doing her own thing on phone.l guess is high time for Canadian government to have two VO and a recorder when interviewing anyone.Great bunch of liars at the visa office in Accra,Ghana.
The GCMS note was received and it was full of lies from the VO...l have applied for an appeal but still a waiting game.

Naija was fun,l enjoyed myself with my hubby beside me.....❤Now that am back....

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
mamadmama said:
Hello house,just got back from naija,my husband visa was refused.The VO stated our marriage is not genuine after 100 pcs of wedding and casual pictures,whatapps history,call history,world remit transfer copies etc.
After,the refusal letter was received l realized the VO had wrong client ID number on my husband file,their attention was called to it and the VO apologized.My husband stated that the VO never asked about our relationship,as she keeps asking my husband my past relationship,the VO even left my husband for 30minutes doing her own thing on phone.l guess is high time for Canadian government to have two VO and a recorder when interviewing anyone.Great bunch of liars at the visa office in Accra,Ghana.
The GCMS note was received and it was full of lies from the VO...l have applied for an appeal but still a waiting game.

Naija was fun,l enjoyed myself with my hubby beside me.....❤Now that am back....
That is a terrible experience! It's a shame VOs are not held accountable for their blunders. I believe you will win your appeal. Remain strong.
*Mandie*

Dele

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2015
AOR Received.
10-02-2016 SA 22-02-2016
File Transfer...
22-02-2016 AND IN PROCESSING 02-03-2016
Med's Request
RE-MED : 04-10-2016
Med's Done....
UPFRONT 21-10-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2016
LANDED..........
22-12-2016
drpiro said:

Dear xxxxxxxx:

On October 25, 2012, CIC introduced a period of conditional permanent residence for certain spouses and partners.

A sponsored spouse, common-law or conjugal partner whose application for permanent residence was received by CIC on or after October 25, 2012, is subject to a period of conditional permanent residence under section 72.1 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) if they were in a relationship with their sponsor for two years or less and had no children in common with their sponsor at the time of the sponsorship application.

72.1 (1) Subject to subsections (5) and (6), a permanent resident described in subsection (2) is subject to the condition that they must cohabit in a conjugal relationship with their sponsor for a continuous period of two years after the day on which they became a permanent resident.

CIC has determined that you are subject to the condition under section 72.1 of the IRPR and therefore you are required to live together in a conjugal relationship with your sponsor for a period of two years after the day on which you become a permanent resident.

EXCEPTIONS:
If one of the following situations applies to you, you may contact CIC to request an exception to the condition:
You do not have to stay in the relationship with your sponsor to keep your status in Canada if you are living in a situation of abuse or neglect. Where there is evidence of abuse or neglect by your sponsor or if your sponsor fails to provide protection from abuse or neglect by a person related to your sponsor (even if that person is not living in the household), you may request an exception from the condition.

If there is evidence that your sponsor has died during the period of your conditional permanent residence, you may request an exception to the condition.

You may request an exception from the condition at any time during the two-year conditional period by calling the CIC Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100. For more information about conditional permanent residence and the exceptions, please visit the CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/family-sponsorship.asp

The police are there to help you. In an emergency situation, call 911 or 0 on your telephone and ask the operator to contact police for you.
There are websites available with information for victims of abuse or neglect. The following websites provide information for victims of abuse:

The Victim Services Directory has been created by the Department of Justice Canada and helps connect individuals with victim service providers across Canada. This directory can be found at the following website:
Note: Search for local services organizations by entering a postal code in the “Search” box on the top right-hand side of the page.

The Department of Justice Canada produces a publication titled Abuse is wrong in any language, which provides information about abuse and resources to help victims of abuse. It has been published in multiple languages and is available on their website at www.justice.gc.ca/eng/pi/fv-vf/pub/abus/abus_lang/fe-fa/index.html.

There is also information available on the CIC Website at the following website address: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-rights-abuse.asp

Visa Section
P.O. Box 1639
Accra
Ghana
www.accra.gc.ca
Congratulations !!!

willyblue

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2016
AOR Received.
14-04-16
File Transfer...
30/06/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
@mamadma Very sorry to hear about ur refusal. I would advice you to appeal the decision as quickly as possible. What I don't understand is this, why would they delay ur application this long if they know they won't approve it. These visa officers don't understand what it means to be living apart with ur partner for years. What they are doing is tearing family apart. I understand there are lots of sham marriages these days but I believe as a trained visa officer, they should be able to differentiate a genuine marriage from a fake one.

It really hurts me that after so much finance, energy an time have been invested on this, the negative become the answer.. Very painful.

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
drpiro said:

Congrats , condition or no condition, it is still good though, and am sure that means u are off d hook. Just wait patiently for your PPR and get ur bags packed......

August getting good news, September get ready..

OSPREY

Star Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14sep2015
AOR Received.
20Oct2015
File Transfer...
02Nov2015
Med's Request
02Nov2015
Med's Done....
20Nov2015
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
11-OCT-2016
drpiro said:

Congrats ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

momma obasi

Oct 27, 2015
calgary,canada
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-15-2015
Doc's Request.
06-03-2016
Nomination.....
11-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-03-2015
File Transfer...
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
09-01-2015
Interview........
I hope not
Passport Req..
11-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
I pray soon
LANDED..........
by Gods grace in 2016
mamadmama said:

im so sorry that is happening to you, I went in july last year..so im missing hubby. ? Where in canada are you?

momma obasi

Oct 27, 2015
calgary,canada
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-15-2015
Doc's Request.
06-03-2016
Nomination.....
11-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-03-2015
File Transfer...
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
09-01-2015
Interview........
I hope not
Passport Req..
11-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
I pray soon
LANDED..........
by Gods grace in 2016
willyblue said:
@mamadma Very sorry to hear about ur refusal. I would advice you to appeal the decision as quickly as possible. What I don't understand is this, why would they delay ur application this long if they know they won't approve it. These visa officers don't understand what it means to be living apart with ur partner for years. What they are doing is tearing family apart. I understand there are lots of sham marriages these days but I believe as a trained visa officer, they should be able to differentiate a genuine marriage from a fake one.

It really hurts me that after so much finance, energy an time have been invested on this, the negative become the answer.. Very painful.
I agree, ive seen sham marraiges and they certainly don't act the way a real marraige does and feels..its really hurting us real loves.fight for your marraige, God is on your side!

momma obasi

Oct 27, 2015
calgary,canada
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-15-2015
Doc's Request.
06-03-2016
Nomination.....
11-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-03-2015
File Transfer...
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
09-01-2015
Interview........
I hope not
Passport Req..
11-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
I pray soon
LANDED..........
by Gods grace in 2016
Tolexmi said:
Congrats , condition or no condition, it is still good though, and am sure that means u are off d hook. Just wait patiently for your PPR and get ur bags packed......

August getting good news, September get ready..
like you, im sept, I pray we all get our spouses pr..

pokie

Star Member
Dec 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-July-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
09-Sept-2015. "In process" 10-Sept-2015. Accra started processing Sept 23,2015. Medicals results received Oct 14,2015.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
June-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 21, 2016, didnt see the email until May 31,201. Passport sent to VO June 2, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 6, 2016
LANDED..........
June 16,2016
drpiro said:

Dear xxxxxxxx:

EXCEPTIONS:

Visa Section
P.O. Box 1639
Accra
Ghana
www.accra.gc.ca

Congrats!!

pokie

Star Member
Dec 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-July-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
09-Sept-2015. "In process" 10-Sept-2015. Accra started processing Sept 23,2015. Medicals results received Oct 14,2015.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
June-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 21, 2016, didnt see the email until May 31,201. Passport sent to VO June 2, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 6, 2016
LANDED..........
June 16,2016
mamadmama said:

Sorry for the bad news!

drpiro

Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2015
AOR Received.
02-10-2015
IELTS Request
none
File Transfer...
23-10-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
07-08-15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
31/05/2016
LANDED..........
01/08/2016
nicolemariemac said:
My husband received this the same day that he was sent the request to have his medical done again. He received PPR exactly 7 days later :)

Congratulations!
Thank you very much.
Did your husband get the PPR as an attachment in the mail sent to him.
I m excited and I pray more PPRs come before the month ends.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
drpiro said:
Thank you very much.
Did your husband get the PPR as an attachment in the mail sent to him.
I m excited and I pray more PPRs come before the month ends.
Passport request (PPR) is an e-mail AVO will send to you indicating your immigrant visa is ready to be issued. They will ask you to complete IMM008 (Generic application form) irrespective of whether your family situation has changed. I am so excited for you!
*Mandie*