+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Nehemiah26 said:
Hi guys,

Please do i need to write on the envelope that the application is for "Outland Spousal sponsorship" or not? cuz it doesn't have an option for that, am inside canada applying for Outland... thank you
Hi,
You need to indicate whether it is spousal sponsorship, no? And when addressing the envelop you might as well write it's Outland. Well, it's only a suggestion. All the best.
*Mandie*

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
nicolemariemac said:
I am not really sure about that. Our GCMS notes showed the validity date as being one year from the time he had his first medical, with a "due date" of July 2016, but they still asked him to redo his medical before they issued the PPR. I don't really know how that works..
I think they request remedicals so they can have an extensive period on d visa expiry date.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Tolexmi said:
I think they request remedicals so they can have an extensive period on d visa expiry date.
That's right..or they don't request remedicals but give the applicant a very limited time to land. If they want to issue without remedicals, they will call to find out if the applicant is ok with landing within a specific time - the timeline for landing is usually a few weeks.
*Mandie*

Babily

Sep 6, 2015
congratulations to you Lamour! Please how long did it take AVO to issue your husband Visa? We sent our passport last two weeks Wednesday, and haven't heard from them.

Babily

Sep 6, 2015
nicolemariemac said:
The current processing time based on what we've seen through this forum appears to be about 9 months. Having to redo the medical and requests for additional documents can extend this, however. My husband and I submitted our application in June of 2015 and received PPR this past week, but I had missed submitting one document. After receiving their request in March for it and sending it to AVO via email, it took a month to hear back from them again.
Hey Nicole! Have you gotten your visa back from Accra?

nicolemariemac

Feb 15, 2016
Stratford, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
File Transfer...
13-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-02-2015 Remedicals requested 18-04-2016 and completed 20-04-2016
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
25-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
Babily said:
Hey Nicole! Have you gotten your visa back from Accra?
Hi! If I recall correctly, Lamour received the passport back in just over 2 weeks I think. She believed that the 2 extra holiday days off with Easter during that time caused a delay.

My husband submitted his on Tuesday and we were able to track through DHL that the visa office received it Wednesday, but no word since then. He had traveled to Accra to do the remedical and remained there in the hopes he would receive PPR soon after, which happened sure enough. We are hoping that this week he may get it back, since he is in Accra already, but today is a holiday there so I guess we will see what happens.

I am very sure you will receive the passport back in the coming days. I have read that Accra does not always send the email indicating that the visa has been sent out through the courier, so if you are able to track it directly through the courier, I would give that a try. Good luck, we are so close! :)

Babily

Sep 6, 2015
nicolemariemac said:
Hi! If I recall correctly, Lamour received the passport back in just over 2 weeks I think. She believed that the 2 extra holiday days off with Easter during that time caused a delay.

My husband submitted his on Tuesday and we were able to track through DHL that the visa office received it Wednesday, but no word since then. He had traveled to Accra to do the remedical and remained there in the hopes he would receive PPR soon after, which happened sure enough. We are hoping that this week he may get it back, since he is in Accra already, but today is a holiday there so I guess we will see what happens.

I am very sure you will receive the passport back in the coming days. I have read that Accra does not always send the email indicating that the visa has been sent out through the courier, so if you are able to track it directly through the courier, I would give that a try. Good luck, we are so close! :)
Thank you so much for your response! I hope we get a good news. Will keep you posted when we receive any news.

OSPREY

Star Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14sep2015
AOR Received.
20Oct2015
File Transfer...
02Nov2015
Med's Request
02Nov2015
Med's Done....
20Nov2015
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2016
LANDED..........
11-OCT-2016
samola10 said:
Permanent Residence

We received xxxx xxxxx xxxxx application for permanent residence on November 23, 2015.
We started processing xxxx xxxxx xxxxx application on April 22, 2016.
No SA nor AOR2 till date.
please advice?
thank you...
Hi Samola10, same situation here to the point that i don;t even want to go online to check the satatus of my app :-[ :-[. We just have to wait and wait until the jubilation day ;D ;D

abedin

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2016
AOR Received.
04-05-2016
Med's Done....
22-04-2016
Passport Req..
15-11-2016
Hi,

My Ghana PCC doesn't show any date or address. It includes my full name as shown in passport and photograph. Can you please confirm if this is the case for everyone? I am an outsider who stayed in Accra for 1.5 years.

Thanks for your help.

yaozm

Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 April 2015
Doc's Request.
None
File Transfer...
19 June 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015.
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-waiting but terribly.
VISA ISSUED...
-Hopefully in the next few weeks
LANDED..........
-
Hey guys please when you send your passport through DHL.
Now that there can't be a return envelope how do you get the passport back?

kwame22

Mar 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-September,2016
AOR Received.
15-October,2016
File Transfer...
28-October,2016
WHAT IS THE FEES FOR SPONSORSHIP IS IT 475 DOLLARS?
PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Agi2009

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th September 2015
Doc's Request.
20th may 2016 additional proofs was requested...may 26 2016, everything was sent
AOR Received.
November 2015
File Transfer...
24th Nov 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
July 4th 2015
Interview........
probably not
Passport Req..
by his light
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
the door will open soon
kwame22... your whole amount should be $1040....u need $75, $550 and $475

You can double check here

Sponsorship application (per application)75Principal applicant (spouse or common-law partner)475Spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner of the principal applicant, or where a transitional provision applies, a family member of the principal applicant who is 22 years of age or older550

nicolemariemac

Feb 15, 2016
Stratford, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
File Transfer...
13-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-02-2015 Remedicals requested 18-04-2016 and completed 20-04-2016
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
25-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
yaozm said:
When my husband submitted his passport through DHL, he received a tracking number for both ways, from my understanding. I will have to check with him how all that is supposed to work.

Have you already submitted yours?

eski

Sep 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20 2016
Doc's Request.
Jan 20 2016
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Jan 20 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed Jan 23 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 17 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 13 2016
LANDED..........
April 28 2016
yaozm said:
Once ur visa is ready and stamped on ur passport,AccraVO will send u a "passport is ready for collection "email.u will take that email to dhl office,they will ask u to forward it to their email address, u will also pay another fee,then they will pick up ur passport and deliver it to u.
In my case, i called them abt 2 or 3 working days after i had paid for the recollection, and i was able to get a tracking number to track the return....
All the best!

tuffbudd

May 24, 2015
eski said:
Once ur visa is ready and stamped on ur passport,AccraVO will send u a "passport is ready for collection "email.u will take that email to dhl office,they will ask u to forward it to their email address, u will also pay another fee,then they will pick up ur passport and deliver it to u.
In my case, i called them abt 2 or 3 working days after i had paid for the recollection, and i was able to get a tracking number to track the return....
All the best!
ACCRA DIDN'T SEND ME NO PASSPORT READY COLLECTION....DHL CALLED ME TO PICK UP THE PARCEL AND THAT WAS THE PASSPORT WITH THE VISA IN IT AND ALL THE OTHER STUFF THAT THEY RETURNED BACK TO ME . I KEPT CHECKING MY EMAIL BUT GOT NOTHING....