2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mrs. said:
The CSQ is sent directly to the visa office by the MICC. Apparently they will not issue the visa without the CSQ because your spouse intends to reside in Qc. upon landing in Canada.

The one they sent me, I sent to my husband. He must have this original document, with his CoPR, to complete the landing process at the airport in Montreal.
mine was uite different i guess. i received two copies of the CSQ. was marked ( Immigration Canada) and the other Applicant. i sent the one marked immigration Canada to the visa office in Accra.
i just scanned my spouses copie to her. its so so expensive sending something via couriel. paid $ 160 to get d csq to accra by Fedex....
and from my experince while landing in 2011 they only collected the Csq for the file number and individal number on it. that is all.after writing the number they returned it. cos i dont even wanna waste another 160$ on postage. i wonde y they didnt send to Accra themself though they wrote in a letter that Accra has been informed but that i will have to send CSQ myself

Obrunicoco

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-14
Doc's Request.
20-08-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-14
File Transfer...
SA 09-06-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
LANDED..........
10-12-2014
Hello Everyone!

I'm new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I am looking forward to any future help you can provide. I am a Canadian women sponsoring my Ghanaian spouse (I'm 28, he's 27). We were married here in Accra last month after being together for 2 years (about a year of that was physically together in Ghana). We met in a totally legitimate way (through a professor during a university trip to Ghana and then did an internship at an organization together) and have lots of proof of our relationship. We are both university graduates and hope the process goes quickly so we do not have to do any more long distance!

A few questions:

1. Seems to me that you cannot do your medicals in advance anymore. Any thoughts on that? I called the doctor and they have a new electronic system. I wonder if this will delay the process?

2. We will be sending in pictures (have tons), emails, phone logs, FB msgs, etc and some letter of support form mutual Canadian and Ghanaian friends (my husband has been to my hometown in Canada but it was one year before we met, however lots of Canadian students have come over and know the two of us as a couple, we have never been in Canada together). Any suggestions of other proof we can send? Should my husband sends documents to proof his employability (e.g. letter of reference, past contracts, etc)??

3. What proof did most send in for their completion of National Service? Will a copy of the completion certificate and appointment letter be suffice? Also does he need a letter from his current employeer or will the appointment letter be fine? (he doesn't really want them to know he will be leaving!)

4. How long can the 'development of relationship' attachment be? We have had a lot of trips and spent lots of time together, so there is plenty to talk about! Is there such thing as sending too many supporting documents??

5. Right now I work seasonally so I can spend more time in Ghana. Last year I only made about $26,000. I am unemployed now because I have been in Ghana for sometime but have a contract proving I am returning to work in Canada for a 3 month contract where I'll make about $20,000. Will my income be an issue? I think I am technically a bit below the recommended amount.

I really appreciate all your comments. I have enjoyed reading the forum so far and look forward to getting to the stage where I can help others too!

Obrunicoco

Agingonana

Dec 25, 2012
people we are excited!!! i have interview on 30th April 14 days which is awesome!! but can anyone give me any suggestions for my interview am freaking out with excitement!!!!!!. :eek: ;D :eek: ;D

MzTee

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
05-02-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
28-12-2012
Interview........
29-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
Agingonana said:
people we are excited!!! i have interview on 30th April 14 days which is awesome!! but can anyone give me any suggestions for my interview am freaking out with excitement!!!!!!. :eek: ;D :eek: ;D
Congrats! You must be excited! What's your timeline like? Apparently Accra is being fast now. I'm happy for u

Jermiah29_11

Jan 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-01-2013
Interview........
07-05-2013
Passport Req..
13-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
Hi Obrunicoco,
Welcome to the forum. I am somewhat new myself. My husband and I put in our application back at the beginning of February.
I included my comments below your questions to make it a bit easier.
p.s. can I just say I love the name you chose. Made me smile so much :)

Hello Everyone!

I'm new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I am looking forward to any future help you can provide. I am a Canadian women sponsoring my Ghanaian spouse (I'm 28, he's 27). We were married here in Accra last month after being together for 2 years (about a year of that was physically together in Ghana). We met in a totally legitimate way (through a professor during a university trip to Ghana and then did an internship at an organization together) and have lots of proof of our relationship. We are both university graduates and hope the process goes quickly so we do not have to do any more long distance!

A few questions:

1. Seems to me that you cannot do your medicals in advance anymore. Any thoughts on that? I called the doctor and they have a new electronic system. I wonder if this will delay the process?

We really struggled with this as well. The website is completely contradictory and calling CIC was not of any help. However, in the end we decided to do the medicals anyhow due to comments from a lawyer I've been emailing and through friends and this forum. I think it is a better idea from what I have seen to do them upfront. You can find the information now on the CIC website of the 2 doctor office locations in/near Accra approved by CIC. My husband went to the one right in Accra as he knew better where that location was. He went 2 hours before the place opened, waited another 2 hours in line and then the medical itself was another 2 hour process. Definitely a long day! Felt so bad for him. My lawyer told me that he was to expect to get a receipt that had his picture on it...he didn't. All he got was a paper receipt showing he paid. I was a little frustrated here. About 2 1/2 weeks after we sent our whole application in, guess what we get a call about - that exact receipt. My husband was to come and pick it up and mail it to me as it stated that it was to go along with our application - so NOT impressed with this lack of communication. In the end he held on to it as the approval for sponsorship processing time had dropped considerably and it was a good thing we did as by the end of the week I had received my approval. So in the end he just mailed it into the visa office in Accra once we were sure our application had made it there. Anyhow, so just be aware of that.
Oh and you didn't ask but he also got his police check done on the same day. It was going to take a couple weeks to process but in the end made a great connection with a guard who felt he needed to help my husband and for some 'small pocket change' was able to literally get his police check back 2 days later! Which was great because I was basically just waiting on these 2 things to arrive in my mailbox to send off our application to Mississauga.

2. We will be sending in pictures (have tons), emails, phone logs, FB msgs, etc and some letter of support form mutual Canadian and Ghanaian friends (my husband has been to my hometown in Canada but it was one year before we met, however lots of Canadian students have come over and know the two of us as a couple, we have never been in Canada together). Any suggestions of other proof we can send? Should my husband sends documents to proof his employability (e.g. letter of reference, past contracts, etc)??

I myself sent in about 115 pictures. I taped 2 or 3 pictures to an 8 1/2 page paper and labeled each one with date, location and who was in the picture and their relation to us. This was recommended to me by a friend who had already gone through the process and had hired a lawyer. I think the letters of support is a great addition. I included 6 of those myself. As far as the 'employability' we didn't include anything extra besides what we stated on the forms - however, I leave someone else to comment to that.

3. What proof did most send in for their completion of National Service? Will a copy of the completion certificate and appointment letter be suffice? Also does he need a letter from his current employeer or will the appointment letter be fine? (he doesn't really want them to know he will be leaving!)

My husband is 34 so we didn't deal with this section. I think it is not necessary personally as it is Canada that is reviewing the application and we don't have national service obligations. We also didn't include a letter about his employment per se, but he works for an NGO that has an office here in Canada too and I know one of the women that works there and she wrote up a personal letter on behalf of my husband to demonstrate his character.

4. How long can the 'development of relationship' attachment be? We have had a lot of trips and spent lots of time together, so there is plenty to talk about! Is there such thing as sending too many supporting documents??

My husband wrote out our Spouse/Partner Questionnaire (IMM5490) questions in a Word doc (as the boxes didn't have enough room) and that came to about 5 pages in itself. Included questions # 6, 9, 10, 15, 18, 19 and 24. I don't think it hurts to be long, but I would include what you think is essential. Also I know it is smart to make sure you have photos included that can line up with what you speak about in these questions - make sure there are no discrepancies (like in dates, locations, etc) as they look for that.

5. Right now I work seasonally so I can spend more time in Ghana. Last year I only made about $26,000. I am unemployed now because I have been in Ghana for sometime but have a contract proving I am returning to work in Canada for a 3 month contract where I'll make about $20,000. Will my income be an issue? I think I am technically a bit below the recommended amount.

I was told numerous times that finances are not allowed to be a reason for a rejection when it comes to spousal sponsorship. I was really concerned about this as I am currently finishing off another university degree and haven't had a steady income for a couple years now, but thankfully have adequate amount of savings. This obviously didn't hurt me as I was approved as a sponsor in 21 days.

I really appreciate all your comments. I have enjoyed reading the forum so far and look forward to getting to the stage where I can help others too!

No problem!! All the best in this. I myself will be heading back to Ghana in just over 3 weeks. I'm so excited and can't wait to be back and with my husband during the summer while we wait out this process.
Take care and blessings! Remember, just be patient. It states this will be a year process, which is what I bank on, that way anything less will be a wonderful miracle to enjoy.

Jermiah29_11

Jan 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-01-2013
Interview........
07-05-2013
Passport Req..
13-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
Agingonana said:
Congrats Agingonana!!! Hope it goes well!! I'm sure it will. So excited for you! Keep us posted.

kwacha

Oct 15, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
accra (Ghana)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Request
08-07-2012
Interview........
21-05-2013
congratulations... i havent slept since i got my interview scheduled........ nervous... freaked out.. xited .. all in one ;D ;D so i got a second job to help with the insomnia ... :D

Agingonana

Dec 25, 2012
this is my timeline

December 24 appli. sent to Mississauga
january 17 approv. as sponsor
january 18 ghana office
february 22 meds received
April 16 ppr paid
April 16 interview scheduled in 14 days
visa recieved ??????

thats my timeline and thanks to everybody and i still need your help with my interview i think the short time is freaking me out!!!
what does it mean?? why short time for interview? : :mad: :( ;) :) :D ;D :p

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Hi all
An off topic question I hope you do not mind!

I am a Canadian citizen living in Europe. I will be going to Accra Ghana on business in the next month. Can anyone tell me if a holder of a Canadian passport needs a visitor's visa for Ghana?
I remember back in 2009 I was in Ghana but that time I traveled with my Greek passport and had to request a visa from the Ghanaian Consul General here in Greece.

I will appreciate any input!

Thank you kindly and God bless

Agyeson

Dec 22, 2012
messenger said:
Hi all
An off topic question I hope you do not mind!

I am a Canadian citizen living in Europe. I will be going to Accra Ghana on business in the next month. Can anyone tell me if a holder of a Canadian passport needs a visitor's visa for Ghana?
I remember back in 2009 I was in Ghana but that time I traveled with my Greek passport and had to request a visa from the Ghanaian Consul General here in Greece.

I will appreciate any input!

Thank you kindly and God bless
Yes a person with a canadian passport will need a visitor's visa. It is 65.00 for one that will expire in 3 months.

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Agyeson said:
Yes a person with a canadian passport will need a visitor's visa. It is 65.00 for one that will expire in 3 months.
Thank you so much.

messenger

lnd_dan

Jun 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2013
Nomination.....
16-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
File Transfer...
14-08-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
29-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
19-10-2013
Hello friends,
I just sent my application and it arrived today in CPC-M
waiting time starts........... ;D

abauwa

Apr 5, 2013
hello Agyengonana,
be still and rather pray for God's favor. I had mine on March 7 2013. everything went well by God's grace. There is an interview questions somewhere on this thread. look for it and study it. It is very helpful as most of the questions were asked at my interview. And please find a better answer to when you are asked about what you will do when your visa is denied. never tell them you will appeal. they are human beings with "feelings". Ask yourself what your reaction will be when you are refused something or anything? and give the same answer you will answer to yourself to anyone who asks you this same question.
hope that helps.

Obrunicoco

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-14
Doc's Request.
20-08-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-14
File Transfer...
SA 09-06-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
LANDED..........
10-12-2014
@Jermiah29_11

Thank you so much for your detailed response! A lot is changing at CIC at the moment because of Minister Kennedy's new policies - can get so confusing! As the Ghanaians say "Chaley, no be easy ooo!" I will be checking this forum often and would love any updates of the process as you will be a few month ahead of us. I choose the name obruni coco because in our neighbourhood (near Nima in Accra) the little kids after 7 months still sing "obruni coco maakye". Man, am I going to miss Ghana when I leave. I hope you have a wonderful summer here! How much time have you spent in Ghana?

Ok, still some more questions for you - or anyone else!

I saw in a previous post of yours they requested the death certificate of a parent. Was this on your side or his? My husband's father passed away in 2005 and I am not sure if we should include this (or if he could even find it).

I am so torn about the medical and police check!! I am leaving Ghana in 4 days so there is no way to do it before I leave but maybe I should get him to go the week after and mail it to me in Canada. I don't plan on sending the application until early May anyway. To clarify what should he bring with him to the doctor? I heard Appendix C doesn't exist anymore. He will go to that same clinic - Akai clinic (it's nice!). When I called them they said because it is all electronic now, they need some GCMS file number, they look him up and then they send the results to immigration electronically. I see how waiting until they request your medicals could delay the process though - they might move on to other files in the meantime. Can you describe the receipt you should get? I'll sure he asks for it!

As annoying as the culture of dashing can be in Ghana - it is nice when it works in your favour! I will certainly tell my husband to entice them to speed up the process of the police check. Did he need to bring anything special to the police HQ?? Interesting you say the CIC people aren't helpful, I can't dial a 1800 from here - so I haven't been able to harass them!

Thanks for your other tips and reassurance. I really think this forum will be a blessing!!! Where in Canada do you plan to live when you are finished? I am from Nanaimo, BC, so we will likely start there or somewhere else on Vancouver Island.

Wishing you all the best!!

Agingonana

Dec 25, 2012
abauwa said:
hello Agyengonana,
be still and rather pray for God's favor. I had mine on March 7 2013. everything went well by God's grace. There is an interview questions somewhere on this thread. look for it and study it. It is very helpful as most of the questions were asked at my interview. And please find a better answer to when you are asked about what you will do when your visa is denied. never tell them you will appeal. they are human beings with "feelings". Ask yourself what your reaction will be when you are refused something or anything? and give the same answer you will answer to yourself to anyone who asks you this same question.
hope that helps.
thank you very much for your reminders is well noted!! so what did they tell you, did you get the visa or they said will get back to you,and what was your timeline. thanks