+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
cheflorraine said:
My husband has not gone for a medical yet because I understand that CIC will give him the documents he needs for it when he goes for the interview. If anyone has information about when to get the medical please let us know. Thanks.
Hi! Actually for our application our immigration consultant had us do the medical first and send it with the application so as to not delay the process. You get the paper the doctor needs to fill in online at the cic website. I think it's called Annex A or C? And your husband needs to be visited my a cic approved doctor. I think they have the listing online of all the qualifying doctors per region.

ama1978

Star Member
Apr 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Need some help please. Hubby is trying to get his medicals done for himself and his son in Accra. He called one of the panel physicians and they are requesting he bring a form in. Anyone know what this is? Appendix C maybe? Also, does anyone have a clue as to the appx. cost of the medicals for adult and child (3yrs of age)? He called one place and they told him 800 cedis...yet my friend's hubby just paid 349 cedis at the same place 4 months ago. Seems kinda fishy. Thanks!

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
ama1978 said:
Need some help please. Hubby is trying to get his medicals done for himself and his son in Accra. He called one of the panel physicians and they are requesting he bring a form in. Anyone know what this is? Appendix C maybe? Also, does anyone have a clue as to the appx. cost of the medicals for adult and child (3yrs of age)? He called one place and they told him 800 cedis...yet my friend's hubby just paid 349 cedis at the same place 4 months ago. Seems kinda fishy. Thanks!
Hi! I don't know about the costs of the meds but Appendix C you can find it on the CIC website. You need to present this to the doctor and make sure he fills it correctly and gives you back the original to send to CIC

SHALOM8180

Dec 18, 2012
HEY EVERYONE, I WANT TO SAY I HAVE BEEN READING AND FOLLOWING THIS THREAD SINCE JANUARY WHEN I STARTED THE PROCESS OF SPONSORING MY HUSBAND, AND ALOT OF INFORMATION HELPED US IN THE CASE, GOD IS JUST SO GOOD AND AMAZING, HIS VISA WAS ISSUED TODAY FROM THE ACCRA PEOPLE..
PRAISE BE UNTO HIS NAME, FOR HE INDEED IS A GOD OF ALL FLESH....BE ENCOURAGED AND KNOW THAT HIS EYES ARE ON THE SPARROW...

SHALOM8180

Dec 18, 2012
Daisyd5 said:
Hi guys! Has anyone tried to email Accra to get an update on their file? Have they answered?
Thank you!
YES I ALWAYS EMAILED THEM TO REQUEST ABOUT MY HUSBAND CASE,AND EVERYTIME, I WOULD GET A REPLY WITHIN 2DAYS, THOUGH I USUALLY PRAYED ABOUT IT BEFORE DOING IT, AND ONLY TUESDAY, I EMAILED THEM ASKING WHATS GOING ON, AND LO BEHOLD, TODAY I RECIEVED THE GOOD NEWS THAT HIS VISA IS READY ...SO MOVE IN BOLDNESS AND CAST OUT FEAR..

stressful

Aug 3, 2013
Ghanawife said:
Sorry for the delay....I've been putting things in order for husbands arrival to Canada next week. ;D
Yes, during the full appeal hearing we both were interviewed. I was questioned for about an hour and half. And I needed to provide phone cards for my husband to be questioned over the phone and they did that for over an hour as well. It was very stressful and emotional....I was told during the hearing that we won. We are Alonso there now.... One week today he will be in my arms :-*
Good morning from here, I'm very sure that you are enjoying beautiful time together with your husband at this time... Can you please tell me how long you people have to wait after the appeal? please i will expect to hear from you:(

sweetwine

Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
20-06-2013
File Transfer...
24-06-2013
Med's Done....
11-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
LANDED..........
23-10-2013
SHALOM8180 said:
HEY EVERYONE, I WANT TO SAY I HAVE BEEN READING AND FOLLOWING THIS THREAD SINCE JANUARY WHEN I STARTED THE PROCESS OF SPONSORING MY HUSBAND, AND ALOT OF INFORMATION HELPED US IN THE CASE, GOD IS JUST SO GOOD AND AMAZING, HIS VISA WAS ISSUED TODAY FROM THE ACCRA PEOPLE..
PRAISE BE UNTO HIS NAME, FOR HE INDEED IS A GOD OF ALL FLESH....BE ENCOURAGED AND KNOW THAT HIS EYES ARE ON THE SPARROW...
Congrats shallom81! His eyes are indeed on the sparrow. Have a wonderul life ahead.

kun

May 31, 2013
Shalom8180 please can u send me the email u used ib email them. The last tine I email them they told me is in a queue for a review that like over a month now. Should I email them again?

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
hello members, Has anyone attended interview 2 times in accra office? My wife attended interview last year as we are pressing them to make a final decision thus negative decision i thought would happen in our case. However, we got email today reguesting for 2nd interview in September. Any suggustion from members?

SHALOM8180

Dec 18, 2012
kun said:
Shalom8180 please can u send me the email u used ib email them. The last tine I email them they told me is in a queue for a review that like over a month now. Should I email them again?
here is the email I always used :accra@international.gc.ca

inlimbo

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
bbccanada said:
hello members, Has anyone attended interview 2 times in accra office? My wife attended interview last year as we are pressing them to make a final decision thus negative decision i thought would happen in our case. However, we got email today reguesting for 2nd interview in September. Any suggustion from members?
I am as well wondering if my spouse will be requested another interview.

Our horrible plight is still not over. The VO made a very extreme request of is and we aren't able to satisfy it. I feel so screwed over and overwhelmed and disappointed, lonely, sad, unfulfilled and lost. Being a single parent not by choice is terrible. I feel for or son who is becoming really sensitive to our situation. He thinks his dad is lost and that he's in the iPhone. 2.5 year olds shouldn't know how to work devices and Skype as well as our son does.

We received our rejection letter in the mail two years ago yesterday. I can believe this isn't concluded. I'll be very disappointed if I have to take our son out of Canada so that our family can be in one piece. What on earth will I do for a living in Nigeria? This is really scary.

Peachnibbler

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Interview........
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Declined
Hi cheflorraine. Looks your hubby and mine are being interviewed in Ghana on the same day. I wish you all the best and hope that we will both receive good news.

Peachnibbler

cheflorraine said:
Hello Everybody,

My husband has an interview on August 28th. We were married on Nov. 7th, 2012, submitted our application on Nov. 15th and I was accepted as a sponsor on Dec. 7th. I visited Ghana twice: 2 months the first time and 4 months the second time. We've known each other for almost two years. Two months ago I had him apply for a visitor's visa and when he went for the interview they gave him a date for the sponsorship interview instead. We were very happy about that and it's in 10 days.

I sent him lots of photos of our wedding and party along with vacations we took, etc. He also has all the documents they requested, phone logs, etc. for evidence of our continued contact.

Only God knows what will happen. It's nerve racking just waiting and preparing.

Peachnibbler

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Interview........
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Declined
Hi InLimbo, I fear I may be joining you this journey. My husband was told today at his interview that he did not satisfy the officer. So i suspect we may be getting a refusal letter in 2 or so weeks. The officer did not give him an answer; only said that we would be getting a letter. So I am now trying to find out about the appeal process. I can find nothing on the CIC website. It only says that appeal information will be provided in the letter of refusal.

Can you shed any light on this process for us?

PeachNibbler in anticipation of a refusal.

inlimbo said:
I am as well wondering if my spouse will be requested another interview.

Our horrible plight is still not over. The VO made a very extreme request of is and we aren't able to satisfy it. I feel so screwed over and overwhelmed and disappointed, lonely, sad, unfulfilled and lost. Being a single parent not by choice is terrible. I feel for or son who is becoming really sensitive to our situation. He thinks his dad is lost and that he's in the iPhone. 2.5 year olds shouldn't know how to work devices and Skype as well as our son does.

We received our rejection letter in the mail two years ago yesterday. I can believe this isn't concluded. I'll be very disappointed if I have to take our son out of Canada so that our family can be in one piece. What on earth will I do for a living in Nigeria? This is really scary.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
Peachnibbler said:
Hi InLimbo, I fear I may be joining you this journey. My husband was told today at his interview that he did not satisfy the officer. So i suspect we may be getting a refusal letter in 2 or so weeks. The officer did not give him an answer; only said that we would be getting a letter. So I am now trying to find out about the appeal process. I can find nothing on the CIC website. It only says that appeal information will be provided in the letter of refusal.

Can you shed any light on this process for us?

PeachNibbler in anticipation of a refusal.
Sorry about the news but i encourage you to still believing something very positive wIll come out in the letter. As i said the Accra office can do so many things to discourage people to give up but nothing is impossible with the help of God. I don't know where the officer is not satisfies in you case so i can say much but i pray you get a good knows by the grace of God.