11-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
LANDED..........
23-10-2013
Daisyd5 said:
Hi! You need to check your link online but to my knowledge there is only one address. They do have a fax number you can try....

I got asked as well for additional documentation. The good news is that means they are going through your file, the bad news is it does add some time I think
Thanks daisy. I will keep trying. I've been trying to send them an email and its not going. Its keeps coming back with a message delivery report.

sweetwine

Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
20-06-2013
File Transfer...
24-06-2013
Med's Done....
11-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
LANDED..........
23-10-2013
Daisyd5 said:
Hi everyone!

I am sponsoring my husband through Accra. I have been accepted as a sponsor and now our file is in Accra to be processed. My husband wanted to apply for a tourist visa to come see me for Christmas. Anyone of you done this ? Have you need refused?

Thanks
I don't knw anything about tourist visa. But u could ask the question in the "spousal sponsorship forum. By the way, u applied in march right? I think you might likely get your PR before christmas.

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
sweetwine said:
I don't knw anything about tourist visa. But u could ask the question in the "spousal sponsorship forum. By the way, u applied in march right? I think you might likely get your PR before christmas.
Ya we applied late February! I hope so! The only thing is they asked for more papers which they have now for over a month! Keeping fingers crossed and praying God! Thank you!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
There is no harm in applying for a TRV after sending in the PR application, but they probably won't give him a TRV. Still, a few forum members have gotten one after sending in the PR app, so it might work. Stress that it is for a short visit only, and try to provide proof of this (I know, sometimes hard to get in West Africa), such as a letter from a boss giving a short amount of time off, or a similar letter from a school.

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
canadianwoman said:
There is no harm in applying for a TRV after sending in the PR application, but they probably won't give him a TRV. Still, a few forum members have gotten one after sending in the PR app, so it might work. Stress that it is for a short visit only, and try to provide proof of this (I know, sometimes hard to get in West Africa), such as a letter from a boss giving a short amount of time off, or a similar letter from a school.
Thanks! Ya I know it's tough to get one... We are really debating on whether we should do it or not because then if they refuse him they we will both feel bad.... Hopefully the PR comes in before Christmas

Franck59

Sep 11, 2013
Hi all,
I got this "Medical results have been received" added to my eCase.
3 weeks ago, Accra emailed us for More Proof, Doc...
As per workflow, Medical results have been received measns that Descion has been made.
So far, my wife case shows "Application Received".
Please advise.

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Franck59 said:
Hi all,
I got this "Medical results have been received" added to my eCase.
3 weeks ago, Accra emailed us for More Proof, Doc...
As per workflow, Medical results have been received measns that Descion has been made.
So far, my wife case shows "Application Received".
Please advise.
Hi Frank
I have the same thing indicated online and I was wondering about that too. I think it's a fair assumption though that if they asked you for more docs that decision has not been made unless did you already send the other docs they requested and they got them ?

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
sweetwine said:
Thanks daisy. I will keep trying. I've been trying to send them an email and its not going. Its keeps coming back with a message delivery report.
Hi! Not sure if you were able to get through but my immigration layer sent them by fax something for us and it went through and they replied within 4 days by email. So maybe try the fax :)

sweetwine

Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
20-06-2013
File Transfer...
24-06-2013
Med's Done....
11-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
LANDED..........
23-10-2013
Daisyd5 said:
Hi! Not sure if you were able to get through but my immigration layer sent them by fax something for us and it went through and they replied within 4 days by email. So maybe try the fax :)
Oh, that's good to know. I've never really considered the fax option. Although the email finally went through yesterday. Thanks daisy.

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Franck59 said:
@ Daisyd5: Only God knows what's going on... We can only guess. How long have you been waiting ?
We send our application end February. I was approved end March as a sponsor. We were requested additional docs beginning of June and they have received all those docs as of beginning of August.

You're right and may HE bless us all with a Christmas with our better halves!

bukky1

Sep 14, 2013
New to this forum but I believe you guys can help me out.
My hubby timelne read does:
Application received: May 2012
Processing started: May 2013
Did medicals: May 30th 2013
Now Accra sent this message few days back:
Please be advised that your medical results were received and your application is in the process of being finalized.
How long is he going to wait again?
This processing is taking too long

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
bukky1 said:
New to this forum but I believe you guys can help me out.
My hubby timelne read does:
Application received: May 2012
Processing started: May 2013
Did medicals: May 30th 2013
Now Accra sent this message few days back:
Please be advised that your medical results were received and your application is in the process of being finalized.
How long is he going to wait again?
This processing is taking too long
Processing time for Accra is 14 months... They are over their time....you should be getting an answer soon.. Maybe send them a follow up email since it has been over 14 months

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Hi Guys!

Has anyone had Accra ask them for additional documents? Once you sent it to them how long does it take for them to get back you?....

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Hi everyone!

If there is anyone living in Montreal needing a good immigration consultante I have have a really good one that I use and she really helped us out. If you can afford it, get a consultant to make sure all is done properly.