+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

This is how you succeed in Canada

decnet

Sep 17, 2008
Hi Josh,

I followed to your original post through several quoted posts. Just want to say a HUGE BLESS and THANK YOU. Your suggestions are very valuable and inspiring.

All the best!!!

decnet

bangalg

Nov 26, 2009
Hey Josh,
What you have written is invaluable to many people like me seeking to migrate.
I am a senior business analyst in Bangalore earning a good Rs.19 lakhs p.a. My wife is a homemaker. I expect my immigration formalities to be completed latest by Feb., 2010. I have been debating a lot whether to move or not. What is making me favour a move is the quality of life that i may possibly have over there.
I just wanted to know your opinion since you have been there, done that. Whether, if you one is already earning a decent pay in India, it is worth moving. Is the improved quality of life and better future for your kid a good enough pull to Canada?
Thanks!

sharma77

Aug 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2009
AOR Received.
28-05-2009
File Transfer...
02-06-2009
Med's Done....
07-08-2009
Passport Req..
08-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2009
LANDED..........
yeh on 19 june,2010 canada is amazing

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
bangalg said:
Hey Josh,
What you have written is invaluable to many people like me seeking to migrate.
I am a senior business analyst in Bangalore earning a good Rs.19 lakhs p.a. My wife is a homemaker. I expect my immigration formalities to be completed latest by Feb., 2010. I have been debating a lot whether to move or not. What is making me favour a move is the quality of life that i may possibly have over there.
I just wanted to know your opinion since you have been there, done that. Whether, if you one is already earning a decent pay in India, it is worth moving. Is the improved quality of life and better future for your kid a good enough pull to Canada?
Thanks!
Hello trackitt friend, nice to see u here...

ghobrial

Sep 30, 2009
Thanks v v v v much that u spent time and effort to write all this just for others i hope GOD will help u also
Good Luck

bangalg

Nov 26, 2009
Hi Qorax,
Yeah... This site seems to have a lot of traction. 'Josh' thing was really good. You are of great help to a number of people. You have some patience, I would say!
I usually go to trackitt and britishexpatforums. An academic question to you- How many immigration applicants do you think actually access various internet forums? You think it's a high percentage or do you think majority are not bothered much and simply apply, sit back and wait to hear from CIC?

bangalg

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Dear bangalg,

I think it is a 50-50 case. Most info junkies surf the net regularly, getting 'high' on quest. These type of ppl r on such forums as well (albeit, if they r PR applicants). The half bunch of it might just lay back. I guess, me, u and lots of others fall in that other 50% bracket.

Regards.

COCOSTING

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
London
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Very very nice post.

One of the best that I have ever read and certainly the best on this forum.

Way to go Josh, all the very best (not that you need it, you are capable of making your own destiny).

brill

Dec 11, 2009
COCOSTING said:
Very very nice post.

One of the best that I have ever read and certainly the best on this forum.

Way to go Josh, all the very best (not that you need it, you are capable of making your own destiny).
Dear Josh,
Could you kindly tell us how much money you took with you when you went to Canada, and how much you spent per month before having a job, just rough figures where we have idea of your family details from your post.
I need these figures to know how can I withstand there before having find a job (I know each case is different but this only for comparison).
and as I am a pakistani graduate in English and education and my spouse is a doctor.If you could kindly guide me which degree or certificate courses we must do before our landing there?Any online recognized canada university so that we both can take some Canada qualification.Which kind of certifications or Local education is required to get a job?
Have you got any financial add for your kids? new born and the elders? as i heard Canadian gives some financial add to minors of certain ages? did you get any financial add once your twins borne?
How much time it takes to get eligible for Social Security, Bank Account, Medical Facility and PR Card?
Many thanks for your nice post and experience sharing.
Wish you best of luck now!!!

Thanks.................

amitchau29

Mar 20, 2009
Josh,

I loved reading this too!! FRantastic. Pls do post more details about your life in Canada, It will be very usefull for all of us especially those who are frustrated witht the long wait....to get the visa and then land a job in canada.

Thanks again

FrenchAsian

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
Josh,... great eye-openng posting there, really helped a lot, thank you,....

I think the greatest key to a successful landing and shifting-over is the availability of funds. I believed if there is enough money, the chances for success is higher, for the individual who has brought enough money over, or who has strong financial support from the home country will have all the luxury of finding the best jobs or of going for re-training, etc, etc,...

So for those who are already successful in your home country, make sure you have saved enough to go over, or you have invested enough in passive instruments back in your home country or anywhere else from which you can tap the money for your livelihood when you first landed in Canada. Perhaps being successful in your home country is not ehough anymore if you are thinking of migration to Canada, you must also have saved enough, or invested enough to prepare for the landing.

Otherwise, then you had better be someone like mediajunkie, who has parents around to cover her until she gets up to speed - but how many can be like her ? Anyway, I would regard mediajunkie as still a dependable, I wouldn't categorise her as a self-earning adult, sure, she has taught in U's, a PhD, and all that sort, but well,.... her life revolves around the edu institutions,... and not the real world yet.

The moment she gets tired of teaching and having her life in the U and wishes to join the real world,.... she will see what it's like out there,...

To me, there are two categories of migrants :-

1) The dependables - the students who were sponsored to study overseas and then migrated,... this is the luckier lot,....

2) The matured ones (can't seem to think of a better word) - these are adults who apply to go over, and are supporting their families, or perhaps could still be single. Many of the forummers here, I believed, are in this category,.... so am I.

hiamu

Star Member
Jul 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16-09-2009
File Transfer...
22-09-2009
Med's Request
1FEB2010
Med's Done....
6FEB2010
Passport Req..
1FEB2010
VISA ISSUED...
23FEB2010
LANDED..........
11JUN2010
Hi Josh,

Your experience would certainly bring in lots of COURAGE & DETERMINATION to all of us. I wish you good health & great success in all your future endeavours. Thanks a MILLION for sharing this in the forum.

God Bless

b2c

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Excellent…..something very similar to “IN PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS”.

God Bless you my friend. Many thanks for sharing your experience.