June 2012
Passport Req..
September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
November 2012 Vancouver, BC
Josh,

This is the real picture of what you have gone through, brave and kind of you to share with all fourm members to make them understand the real situation though it could be all different in each case as you said.

Hats off for you.

Good Luck and love to you kids.

Regards,
Pankaj

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Josh,
This is a good experience and would like to keep a copy of it. When you know your mistakes it is easy to correct them, but if you have no idea with what is the problem it is hard to correct yourself. I would like to find out from you Josh, is it possible to do some kind of online studies before arriving in Canada? is it acceptable by employers?

I would like to know so that i can start preparing myself.

Thanks and wish you t he best of luck.

Canadaforall.

Hopeful Canadian

Star Member
Jul 11, 2008
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-04-2010 RCVD: 13-04-2010
Doc's Request.
26-10-2010
AOR Received.
04-03-2011
IELTS Request
20-07-2011 L8.5, R6.5, W7.5, S7.0
Med's Request
05-06-2015
Med's Done....
06-10-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
Bravo!

That was the ost wonderful and Best Blog I have ever read in my Life.

I pray to the God to grant me the same Zeal and Zest you've Got.

I also pray for the continuation of your success in your life.

Always Hopeful

Hopeful Canadian

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Josh,

I was really touched by your story, it was really sad and at the same time very inspiring. It was truly a journey of courage and determination.

Your advise is very apt for all members of this forum. We need to plan, plan & plan. Don't dream too much from the heart. Use your brain more.

Thanks so friend.

jack23

Oct 4, 2009
Hi Josh,

First and foremost, I must say that your writing is excellent. I enjoyed every line I read. I felt like I was watching a movie or reading a novel. Thank you so much for this post. It is very encouraging and inspiring, yet quite informative. It has given me great insight on what to expect when I move to Canada. Wishing the best of luck to you and your family.

God bless you.

Jack23

commonwealth

Nov 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Josh- Outstanding effort, you deserve lot of credit and I am sure you have a bright future ahead of you.
You comments reminded me of my struggle in US from H1b to USC but your struggle stand out... Life is a struggle; it's a challenge which takes lot of guts to make a difference.

What is the Secret of SUCCESS..? “RIGHT DECISIONS”
How do you make Right Decisions…? “EXPERIENCE”
How do you get Experience… ? “WRONG DECISIONS”

It was great to see someone who made it in the end! Best of luck for further success-

dsubhi

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Josh,

Wowww.. I admire the way you have explained everything. I moved to Canada in 2008 after an initial visit a year before. Even than it was not same. Me & my family have to go through a lots of ups and downs. I could easily find myself in the same shoes as I was reading your post. I salute to your determination and feel that you have took the right decision to stay and fight till you have started tasting success.

Thanks for such a wonderful post and keep it up....
BTW, congratulation for you lovely 2nd twins...

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Josh.

Awsome post. I recently moved to Canada and been lucky to a get a similar job on contract for next one year. I was not concerned about the salary which helped me getting this offer while I was in USA. I am sponsering my wife now. Before she comes here I will try to negate the chances and follow your advice. This made me realize life is Canada is tough and hang on till I am good.

My advice to H1B guys in US. Things I did.

1.> Once you get your PR Visa on passport complete your landing procedure. Next day/ Same Day apply for SIN card and open a bank account . You will get your PR card in next 6-8 weeks time the address you provided. Tell your friend to send the card to your US address. Bank Statement (sent by post) will help you establish address proof in Canada and skipping healthcard waiting time of 3 months in Ontario

2.> Start applying jobs from US and taking interviews if can. If they ask you to come for personal interview (normally at last) being in US will help you. I did the same and luckily got the job.

3.> Expect 30-40% less salary than you are making in US. After Canadian experience/certificate you will make a good living. Again as Josh said get some Canadian Degree/Certificate if you do not have US/Canadian degree.

4.> Get Letter from DMV that you have 2+years of Driving Experience in last 3 years in USA. It will help you changing your DL here and saving some cost of car insurance .( I made this mistake and trying to find a way). Car Insurance are rocket high here.

5.> Food/ Gas are costlier here compared to US.So come prepared with the mindset that you are going to settle here and not give up. Once you will start settling down here you will realize life here is much smoother than US but less money.

6.> Be ready for tough time. No matter how good you are, initially you will have to struggle here. But when you feel low think about Josh I bet you will feel your life much smoother.

7.> Do not bring wife and kids untill you are settle with some kind of job. It will save your money as well as its easy to go through hardship when you are alone .
Finally once again JOSH THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SUCH A NICE POST.

There is a saying " Everything will be alright at the end and if it is not alright then it's not the end".

All the best everyone.

Reactions: VDej

tran

May 10, 2009
Hi Josh,

Great post & thanks for sharing. I spent 4 years(1985-88) in Vancouver
for my tertiary at SFU. I can picture the ups and downs that you went through.
All the best.

pocoyo

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Ontario
Josh,

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences. I will surely keep a copy of this.
Thanks again.

r.roy

Star Member
Aug 22, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Josh! My Gosh! that was too good a post. By judging the quality of your first post on this forum we can judge the perfect quality of work you must have done out there in Canada.

Best of Luck! and Thank you for sharing!

alok11

Oct 3, 2009
Hi Josh,
This is by mile the best post i have ever read in any forum in my whole life. To be quite honest, it was like i was a movie theatre watching a live movie, i was eager to reading the next line, the next paragraph , and so on. I was so unhappy it came to an end, it feels like the story should go on. It brough tears to my eyes and my wife was asking me what was wrong with me.
For you to have shared this with us it means you will always excel in whatever you do, you will always be the best, for sure, in whatever you do. Hats off !!!
Between you and I, can you please PM me your e-mail address as I want to personally speak with you to seek more of your advice and to share more from your experience pls. I can call you if you want me to. I feel like seeing you live and talking to you. You are a man of the greatest courage, if everyone was like you, the whole world would be a better place. You are honest, unbiased, logical, orderly, organised, truthful, educative, infact, YOU ARE THE BEST ON THIS FORUM.
Pls let me know how to contact you as I want you to be my mentor.
I am planning to land very soon and would need some more advice from you.
Thank you.
Alok

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Josh

This is absolutely gr8 post. it's an eye opener for many. i m so touched by it and i m ready to come there and struggle for a better life for my family. if u can give us more insight of Toronto then it will be really gr8.

Thanks and Best Wishes.

Sanjeev

Nicholas

Star Member
Aug 6, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Welcome to Canada Josh.

Your post was truly wonderful. You blamed no others for some of your difficulties and you accept the mistakes you made.

You are not alone. There are many like you. The ones who blame others will never be happy. You will go on to do great things in your new life, and if all possible I would like to meet you, your wife and your double twins!

A very lovely post and my eyes are a little watery now.

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
Hi Josh,

I appreciate your spirit (For non hindi forum members,spirit means Josh in hindi).Thanks for laying down the facts thread bare.Hats off to your perseverance and may you succeed in your sojourn in canada.

Great Post.

Regards