+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
I need help in getting the Police Clearance Certificate.
Can anyone please guide if there is any specific template that we need to provide the information in while updating the details in the e-APR?
I can see there is one template for medical certificate but not able to find one for police.
I am from Punjab India and only information provided is that I need to get the certificate from the local Sr. Sup. of Police or any Sr. police official..nothing else. What information should be in the certificate is not mentioned.
Any guidance on this matter will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.
Hey the CIC website says different each district may have different document requirement. May be you need to approach them first
'
Information and documents you need:
  • Each district police station may need different information and documents. Ask the station you apply at for specifics.
  • Applicable fees.

IrfanLone15

Apr 4, 2017
Dubai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
No
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi.
Request clarification on the following, as I am about to submit my Application Now.

1. Should I select Yes, No or Not Applicable to the question below in personal History, Keeping in Mind that I had not been associated with Govt., Military or any Political Organizations??

Q:- Have You Listed all of Mr. X periods of Military services or Govt positions (if any) and all the organizations that Mr. X belongs to (if any)??

the 2nd part of this question is confusing me that says , and all the organizations that Mr. X belongs to (I get to understand organizations as the Banks that I work for) Hence confused between Not Applicable & Yes option... Please suggest?

2. My wife's & my Daughter's Passports issued earlier, showed Surname column as Blank ( In India- there is First name & Last name columns separately in Passport) Recently, in January, I got my Surname added to their passports also.

Hence Supporting their name change with Documents.

But, When I go to the Personal History & update Names section, i has a question - Has this person ever used any other Names?? I selected YES keeping in mind that their name is now with my Surname added.

When I type Other Name column - Under First Name I put their Full Name as mentioned earlier in Passport as the Last Name column was left Blank.

e.g - Before marriage name reflecting on passport in First name column as GOS QAY and Last name is not mentioned. Later in January I got my surname added to their First name on New passport, the Name on passport is reflecting now as First name column GOS QAY & Last Name column as LON

What Should I mention in the Last name column?? 1) Not Applicable or 2) NO Name mentioned in earlier Passports

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I'm about to withdraw my application.
I just want to say I found some errors at submission and would like to correct them for future submission. Is that enough?
Withdrawing the application is your personal choice. Once the application is withdrawn before it is processed, cannot be used to compare with a subsequent application.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Should i delete spouse work experience (secondary applicant) from PR application as getting no points for it.
It was though mentioned in the EE profile. Hope it will not raise any flags!
Yes, you can, if you are not claiming points for it. This is not considered misrepresentation and nor will it create any issues. However, even if you leave it there and upload the documents you have, that is fine too.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi legalfalcon,

I was freelancing from home (design projects) on several occasions during college (4 years), but my primary activity was studying as indicated in my personal history. The time spent on those projects was hardly continuous in those 4 years, meaning that I would get a few days/weeks project every couple of months or more (Sometimes only in summer for example). Tracing back the actual dates of those projects is really difficult. Therefore, I couldn't say that I was employed as it was never official or a primary activity. I didn't want IRCC to think that I was not focused on studying either.

I did however mention that my primary activity was freelancing after graduation until starting a full-time job - both in Personal History and LOE. It was continuous, but with several clients, so I mentioned that I freelanced using my personal name.

Do you think this can be considered as misinterpretation having not mentioned the work that I did during college? Should I raise a CSE explaining the situation?

P.S.: I didn't claim any CRS points for any freelance work I did (before or after college)

Thanks!
If you are not claiming points for the work, there is no need to mention it in your work experience. If you have mentioned it in your personal history that is sufficient. IRCC is not concerned with whether you were working and studying, or was your attendance over 50% or 70%. It is a point based system where points are awarded for the education you have obtained and the work experience you have gathered.

Nothing to worry.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I need help in getting the Police Clearance Certificate.
Can anyone please guide if there is any specific template that we need to provide the information in while updating the details in the e-APR?
I can see there is one template for medical certificate but not able to find one for police.
I am from Punjab India and only information provided is that I need to get the certificate from the local Sr. Sup. of Police or any Sr. police official..nothing else. What information should be in the certificate is not mentioned.
Any guidance on this matter will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.
Police in India is a state subject as it falls under Article 246, Schedule 7, List 2 (State List), Entry 1. Each state will have a different format and it may also vary from district to district. The format used by the department in a district is set and you cannot change it.

Whatever is provided to you by the local administration, that is all that you can upload and is sufficient.

Reactions: _Harry_

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
If you are not claiming points for the work, there is no need to mention it in your work experience. If you have mentioned it in your personal history that is sufficient. IRCC is not concerned with whether you were working and studying, or was your attendance over 50% or 70%. It is a point based system where points are awarded for the education you have obtained and the work experience you have gathered.

Nothing to worry.
The problem is that I didn't mention in my personal history the freelance projects that I worked on during my education period. I wasn't trying to hide it, just didn't think it was relevant given that my primary activity was education. I only mentioned that I freelanced continuously after graduation until being hired by a company. Do you think it matters?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi.
Request clarification on the following, as I am about to submit my Application Now.

1. Should I select Yes, No or Not Applicable to the question below in personal History, Keeping in Mind that I had not been associated with Govt., Military or any Political Organizations??

Q:- Have You Listed all of Mr. X periods of Military services or Govt positions (if any) and all the organizations that Mr. X belongs to (if any)??

the 2nd part of this question is confusing me that says , and all the organizations that Mr. X belongs to (I get to understand organizations as the Banks that I work for) Hence confused between Not Applicable & Yes option... Please suggest?
Here organizations is referring to government organization (i.e. those entities owned and controlled by the government). Eg. Aboriginals Business Agency is a Canadian Government owned agency, so it would fall under the definition of government organization. I am not sure which country you are from, or I could have given you more specific examples. If its India, then ONGC, HPCL, BHEL etc. are government organizations as they are public companies but owned by the government.

So if you have never worked for the government, or any government owned organization, then the answer would be not applicable.

2. My wife's & my Daughter's Passports issued earlier, showed Surname column as Blank ( In India- there is First name & Last name columns separately in Passport) Recently, in January, I got my Surname added to their passports also.

But, When I go to the Personal History & update Names section, i has a question - Has this person ever used any other Names?? I selected YES keeping in mind that their name is now with my Surname added.

When I type Other Name column - Under First Name I put their Full Name as mentioned earlier in Passport as the Last Name column was left Blank.

e.g - Before marriage name reflecting on passport in First name column as GOS QAY and Last name is not mentioned. Later in January I got my surname added to their First name on New passport, the Name on passport is reflecting now as First name column GOS QAY & Last Name column as LON

What Should I mention in the Last name column?? 1) Not Applicable or 2) NO Name mentioned in earlier Passports

It would be "not applicable." You should also write a LoE, in which you should explain this so that there is no confusion. Also, keep the application consistent through out. i.e. if you have used the "FIRST NAME LAST NAME" as under the given name, keep it that way.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
The problem is that I didn't mention in my personal history the freelance projects that I worked on during my education period. I wasn't trying to hide it, just didn't think it was relevant given that my primary activity was education. I only mentioned that I freelanced continuously after graduation until being hired by a company. Do you think it matters?
It does not matter and is irrelevant.

Reactions: uppperkut

IrfanLone15

Apr 4, 2017
Dubai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
No
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi Legalfalcon... Appreciate your expert advise ..

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@canada_pr_wanted

1 : The PDF received is in Black and White, can I submit the B&W or it MUST be COLOR
There is no requirement for it to be color, it can be B&W. If the IRCC wants to verify it (very unlikely) they will ask you for the original.

2 : Photo section is blank on the certificate, will it be acceptable ?
RCMP PCC usually do not have a photo requirement, so not an issue.

3 : Application Status says "Landed Immigrant Status" - I am in India and applying for Permanent Residency (Immigrating to Canada) , but I am not in Canada yet , and the RCMP, I wanted is for Immigration. I am worried this application status will effect my PR Application

Now, this is concerning. I am not too sure what kind of criminal check you asked for. You will have to cross check this with the agent to agency you got the PCC from. Also check the RCMP website and see their requirements.

Reactions: canada_pr_wanted

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon... Appreciate your expert advise ..

I have answered you query above, not sure why you posted it again!

canada_pr_wanted

Apr 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@canada_pr_wanted

1 : The PDF received is in Black and White, can I submit the B&W or it MUST be COLOR
There is no requirement for it to be color, it can be B&W. If the IRCC wants to verify it (very unlikely) they will ask you for the original.

2 : Photo section is blank on the certificate, will it be acceptable ?
RCMP PCC usually do not have a photo requirement, so not an issue.

3 : Application Status says "Landed Immigrant Status" - I am in India and applying for Permanent Residency (Immigrating to Canada) , but I am not in Canada yet , and the RCMP, I wanted is for Immigration. I am worried this application status will effect my PR Application

Now, this is concerning. I am not too sure what kind of criminal check you asked for. You will have to cross check this with the agent to agency you got the PCC from. Also check the RCMP website and see their requirements.

Thank you very much for replying back

also I got these 2 concrens

while uploading the RCMP it is asking to fill doc name, number and expiry date

What is the the Doc Number ? is is DOC ID or DCN ?

and how about Expiry date ? what is its validity ?

Please let me know.