+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Faky201

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
thank you. let me clarify my second question.
I was unemployed for a period 5 months and on holiday in the US, in answering the question on where the unemployment took place do i choose the US or my home country since i was only on holiday.

Last edited:

denapr

Star Member
May 9, 2017
Dear Legalfalcon,

Thanks. I will correct my spouse's details and mention only last 10 years of work experience only in personal history and remove everything else.

Regarding my self ( I am the secondary applicant), I also have a few queries as well. My experience details are as below :

1. July 2007 till date - Current Employment
2. April 2005 till June 2007 - Employed at AAAA

Query 1 : I would like to inform you that (I collected experience letter from my previous employer on March 29, 2017, however received ITA on May 18, 2017). Will it be ok to attach experience letter issued before receiving the ITA.

Query 2 : This experience letter does not have any mention of my salary details as the job ended way back in 2007, hope it is acceptable.

Thanks!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you. I find it interesting that this may be one thing Canada law does not cover.

I understand coming clean is the best option, although the idea of drawing attention to something that might not be noticed is daunting.

As a direct question, can misrepresentation be applied after the fact?

I understand PR status is revoked if misrepresentation is found, however are past work visas revoked as well?

If they decide I worked illegally for that year, but claimed on PR application it was legal, am I misrepresenting my work experience in PR even though I was on a work permit?

The same as a student. If they apply for PR and use their degree as proof of eligibility but it is descovered the student visa is fraud, does the student claiming the degree face misrepresentation on their PR?
There is no retrospective cancellation.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I have actually found a second discrepancy.

In the working holiday visa form I listed "single". Common law is not recognised in my country so I wrongly assumed this did not apply to me.

I have my common law spouse on our pr application and the start date of our relationship was before the application for work visa.

A saving grace is that you cannot have dependants on a working holiday visa, they cannot come with you, however again, did I affect the process?

Really, I screwed up that application badly. I just want to know if cic will therefore invalidate that work. In doing so me declaring that the work was obtained legally on my PR application will result in refusal and misrepresentation.

As long as your make the amends now, you will be good. If your case is too complicated, you will need to apply for rehabilitation and I would advice you to engage an immigration lawyer.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
thank you. let me clarify my second question.
I was unemployed for a period 5 months and on holiday in the US, in answering the question on where the unemployment took place do i choose the US or my home country since i was only on holiday.
Home country.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear Legalfalcon,

Thanks. I will correct my spouse's details and mention only last 10 years of work experience only in personal history and remove everything else.

Regarding my self ( I am the secondary applicant), I also have a few queries as well. My experience details are as below :

Query 1 : I would like to inform you that (I collected experience letter from my previous employer on March 29, 2017, however received ITA on May 18, 2017). Will it be ok to attach experience letter issued before receiving the ITA.

Query 2 : This experience letter does not have any mention of my salary details as the job ended way back in 2007, hope it is acceptable.

Thanks!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear Legalfalcon,

Yes, there is no set deadline of how old the employment reference letters should be.

The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:
  • a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;
This is for for the PA. Since the dependant or secondary applicant does not get points for the work experience, there is no requirement for employment reference letters from the employer.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Thanks!

denapr

Star Member
May 9, 2017
Hello Legalfalcon,

Though, I am the secondary applicant, the Document check list generated for my application asks for "Employment records" of all of my jobs also which I have undertaken since the beginning of my career. Why would they be asking for it if my work experience does not count.
I wanted to show you the screenshot of the "Document check list" but not able to copy paste it here.

Nick89

Jan 25, 2017
Hi Legal Falcon,

I haven't received any points for my spouse’s education. I have added her degree details to the education history section and answered 'NO' to the question "Have you received ECA for this degree"? (we haven't done ECA for the degree). Even though we answered 'NO' to the above mentioned ECA question, the education details has been carried over to the post-ITA education section and it generated upload files option corresponding to my wife's education history. Please note that we haven't claimed or received any points for this section. Sorry that I didn't convey it properly in my previous message.

I am not quite sure what you meant by "no need to fill this section" we must have to answer either 'Yes' or 'No' to the question "Has this person completed any post-secondary education? " right.

If I answer 'NO' to the question as "Has this person completed any post-secondary education?" and moved the education details to the personal history then, the system won't generate any upload files option corresponding to my wife's education history. But I want to know if it would be considered as a misrepresentation. Technically, she has completed post-secondary education as she has a bachelors degree in engineering. Would it be better to say Yes to this question and put a LOE in the education document upload file section stating that she has completed the Bachelors degree, has not done ECA yet and we have not claimed or got any points towards this.

Please let me know your valuable opinion.

Many thanks for your help.

PS: previous message: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/page-88#post-6029786

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello Legalfalcon,

Though, I am the secondary applicant, the Document check list generated for my application asks for "Employment records" of all of my jobs also which I have undertaken since the beginning of my career. Why would they be asking for it if my work experience does not count.
I wanted to show you the screenshot of the "Document check list" but not able to copy paste it here.
They are asking for it because you declared it. If you see the the CRS score sheet <http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp> only the work experience done in Canada by the spouse gets points. So whatever you have, you can go ahead and file that documents for your international work experience.

Only for spouse's Canadian work experience, do you need the reference letters to be in the format as prescribed by IRCC, mentioned in the link I posted in my last post.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legal Falcon,

I haven't received any points for my spouse’s education. I have added her degree details to the education history section and answered 'NO' to the question "Have you received ECA for this degree"? (we haven't done ECA for the degree). Even though we answered 'NO' to the above mentioned ECA question, the education details has been carried over to the post-ITA education section and it generated upload files option corresponding to my wife's education history. Please note that we haven't claimed or received any points for this section. Sorry that I didn't convey it properly in my previous message.

I am not quite sure what you meant by "no need to fill this section" we must have to answer either 'Yes' or 'No' to the question "Has this person completed any post-secondary education? " right.

If I answer 'NO' to the question as "Has this person completed any post-secondary education?" and moved the education details to the personal history then, the system won't generate any upload files option corresponding to my wife's education history. But I want to know if it would be considered as a misrepresentation. Technically, she has completed post-secondary education as she has a bachelors degree in engineering. Would it be better to say Yes to this question and put a LOE in the education document upload file section stating that she has completed the Bachelors degree, has not done ECA yet and we have not claimed or got any points towards this.

Please let me know your valuable opinion.

Many thanks for your help.

PS: previous message: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/page-88#post-6029786
You should answer "YES" to "Has this person completed any post-secondary education?" since your spouse has completed post-secondary education. A lot of people advice answering no, which saves time to upload documents, but that is misconceived information. However, IRCC when calculating points does give points for Spouse's education. See <http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp>

If you are sure that you are not getting any points, you do not need the ECA and can simply upload the diplomas and transcripts and in the LoE explain it. But I would strongly suggest that you re-check the score sheet you received after you entered the pool, so that your CRS does not go down because of this.

Reactions: Nick89

denapr

Star Member
May 9, 2017
Should i delete spouse work experience (secondary applicant) from PR application as getting no points for it.
It was though mentioned in the EE profile. Hope it will not raise any flags!

They are asking for it because you declared it. If you see the the CRS score sheet <http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp> only the work experience done in Canada by the spouse gets points. So whatever you have, you can go ahead and file that documents for your international work experience.

Only for spouse's Canadian work experience, do you need the reference letters to be in the format as prescribed by IRCC, mentioned in the link I posted in my last post.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Hi legalfalcon,

I was freelancing from home (design projects) on several occasions during college (4 years), but my primary activity was studying as indicated in my personal history. The time spent on those projects was hardly continuous in those 4 years, meaning that I would get a few days/weeks project every couple of months or more (Sometimes only in summer for example). Tracing back the actual dates of those projects is really difficult. Therefore, I couldn't say that I was employed as it was never official or a primary activity. I didn't want IRCC to think that I was not focused on studying either.

I did however mention that my primary activity was freelancing after graduation until starting a full-time job - both in Personal History and LOE. It was continuous, but with several clients, so I mentioned that I freelanced using my personal name.

Do you think this can be considered as misinterpretation having not mentioned the work that I did during college? Should I raise a CSE explaining the situation?

P.S.: I didn't claim any CRS points for any freelance work I did (before or after college)

Thanks!

Last edited:

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
I need help in getting the Police Clearance Certificate.
Can anyone please guide if there is any specific template that we need to provide the information in while updating the details in the e-APR?
I can see there is one template for medical certificate but not able to find one for police.
I am from Punjab India and only information provided is that I need to get the certificate from the local Sr. Sup. of Police or any Sr. police official..nothing else. What information should be in the certificate is not mentioned.
Any guidance on this matter will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.