+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

babamia

Jul 1, 2016
Hi, Asivad Anac. I know you as a resourceful icon in here, and specially thank you for your great effort in this forum.

I am sitting at 465 and anticipating an invitation in the next draw.

My challenge with my profiles lies at my educational credentials, i have earned a Bachelors and two master degrees. However, i did only an ECA with one of the masters degrees. leaving out my Bachelors and the recent masters degree. I have included all the three qualifications on my profile ,although indicating that i have ECA only for 1 of the Masters degree.

My question lies thus: Should i remove the two educational qualifications i dont have credential assessment for?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
babamia said:
Hi, Asivad Anac. I know you as a resourceful icon in here, and specially thank you for your great effort in this forum.

My challenge with my profiles lies at my educational credentials, i have earned a Bachelors and two master degrees. However, i did only an ECA with one of the masters degrees. leaving out my Bachelors and the recent masters degree. I have included all the three qualifications on my profile ,although indicating that i have ECA only for 1 of the Masters degree.

My question lies thus: Should i remove the two educational qualifications i dont have credential assessment for?
No harm in removing those credentials from Education history.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
babamia said:

you need to upload the diplomas still for the other master and the bachelor still, whether or not you did ECA or not for them

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maged_mmh said:
you need to upload the diplomas still for the other master and the bachelor still, whether or not you did ECA or not for them
Not if he removes them from the education history and adds them in the personal history.

Avisad is correct.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
DelPiero07 said:
Not if he removes them from the education history and adds them in the personal history.

Avisad is correct.
I beg to differ, better include them with the diplomas, they'll give more weight to his master too, what's there to lose?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maged_mmh said:
I beg to differ, better include them with the diplomas, they'll give more weight to his master too, what's there to lose?
No added value since his credentials are not assessed.

It doesn't affect his application but you're saying he "needs" to upload them which is not the case.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
DelPiero07 said:

It doesn't affect his application but you're saying he "needs" to upload them which is not the case.
needs / better

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DelPiero07 said:

True and True.

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
No harm if you include them in there. Only drawback is that the system will prompt you for documents unnecessarily given that you aren't claiming points for that. If you don't include that under Work history but only under Personal history, you're still declaring everything with the added advantage of not having to provide additional documents.

Your call. Either of those options work perfectly fine.
Thank you so much;

I agree with everything you and the other member said, but CIC agent said it very clear; include it under work section. it is a lot of work to get proofs from back home and pay for translation, but i have no other option.

Thanx guys

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hanan22 said:
Thank you so much;

I agree with everything you and the other member said, but CIC agent said it very clear; include it under work section. it is a lot of work to get proofs from back home and pay for translation, but i have no other option.

Thanx guys
Not CIC agent, a call centre representative. There's a lot of difference.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Not CIC agent, a call centre representative. There's a lot of difference.
Hanan22 said:
Thank you so much;

Thanx guys
The same call center representative said to one of the members of this forum that PCC shouldn't be older than 6 months for a country he had been to in the past (and never went back after the PCC was issued) which is completely wrong.

Whatever you hear from those reps are general advise - they cannot give you case specific advise (rather, they are not supposed to).

As always, it is your prerogative to choose if you want to submit it or not.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
The same call center representative said to one of the members of this forum that PCC shouldn't be older than 6 months for a country he had been to in the past (and never went back after the PCC was issued) which is completely wrong.

Whatever you hear from those reps are general advise - they cannot give you case specific advise (rather, they are not supposed to).

As always, it is your prerogative to choose if you want to submit it or not.
are you sure of this? I'd greatly appreciate a link stating the same

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
maged_mmh said:
are you sure of this? I'd greatly appreciate a link stating the same
Sure of what? And which part of that post do you need links for?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Document requirements

For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR.
For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after last time the applicant lived in that country.
Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for a total of six months or more. This instruction is for the purpose of the completeness check under section R10. However, it is always at an officer’s discretion to request a new or additional police certificate.
Some countries require that the applicant complete a consent form to initiate a police certificate. For example, an applicant seeking a police certificate from New Zealand must download and complete the Consent to Disclosure of Information (NZ) form available on the IRCC website. The form is then uploaded (with any other police certificates the applicant may provide) as part of the e-APR. If the application is not rejected as incomplete, the processing office will assess the consent form and electronic file and initiate the police certificate.
Police certificates need to be a scan of the original police certificate(s) in color. Certified true copies and unauthorized copies are unacceptable and will result in the application being rejected as incomplete.