+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Refusal, reason does not meet minimum required income.

Uday Doli

Aug 25, 2021
Can anyone help me understand this,
My mom's super visa application got rejected Applied 22nd July 2023.
* Your child or grandchild's household income does not meet the minimum required
income from 2021/2022
I have invited her and my annual income is $68,000. And number of family members including applicant my mom I mentioned 5 members.( my self, my wife 2kids + my mom who I invited) as per LICO for family of 5 it's only $57,988 my current annual income is well above that.
Documents I have submitted in support to financial status.
Current Employer letter stating annual income and job duties.
Pay stubs last 3 months(6 pay stabs)
T4's current employer and previous employer's
NOA 2022.
Bank statements.
Here I should I have to meet the minimum required income for years 2021 and 2022 as well.?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can anyone help me understand this,
My mom's super visa application got rejected Applied 22nd July 2023.
* Your child or grandchild's household income does not meet the minimum required
income from 2021/2022
I have invited her and my annual income is $68,000. And number of family members including applicant my mom I mentioned 5 members.( my self, my wife 2kids + my mom who I invited) as per LICO for family of 5 it's only $57,988 my current annual income is well above that.
Documents I have submitted in support to financial status.
Current Employer letter stating annual income and job duties.
Pay stubs last 3 months(6 pay stabs)
T4's current employer and previous employer's
NOA 2022.
Bank statements.
Here I should I have to meet the minimum required income for years 2021 and 2022 as well.?
NOA is most important and is for $68K. I assume your father has passed or is not longer married to your mother. You have not invited in-laws on super visa before either. If you have not, then ask for reconsideration with NOA meeting LICO.

Uday Doli

Aug 25, 2021
NOA is most important and is for $68K. I assume your father has passed or is not longer married to your mother. You have not invited in-laws on super visa before either. If you have not, then ask for reconsideration with NOA meeting LICO.
Thanks for your response,
Yes my father has passed and I haven't invited my in-laws before on any visa.
In regards to NOA, my NOA 2022, doesn't show my annual income above $57,988, I haven't worked first few months of 2022, but my current job where im working from July 2022, since then my annual income is 68K which is also mentioned in my employer letter.
I'm not sure why IRCC considering my 2021/ 2022 income, it's nowhere mentioned in eligibility criteria that they will consider previous years income also. How do ask for reconsideration with IRCC

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your response,
Yes my father has passed and I haven't invited my in-laws before on any visa.
In regards to NOA, my NOA 2022, doesn't show my annual income above $57,988, I haven't worked first few months of 2022, but my current job where im working from July 2022, since then my annual income is 68K which is also mentioned in my employer letter.
I'm not sure why IRCC considering my 2021/ 2022 income, it's nowhere mentioned in eligibility criteria that they will consider previous years income also. How do ask for reconsideration with IRCC
It is based on your NOA for 2022 and you don’t meet LICO. You can ask for reconsideration but IRCC may or may not consider it. Raise a webform.

Reactions: sarfaraz8685

Resettlementincanada

Aug 14, 2021
It seems that your recent NOA (the tax year 2022-2023) doesn't show minimum income requirements. You should understand, LICO is determined based on annual income, even if you have a job offer with an annual salary of $68000, it cannot be established that you will earn that income.
Your option is to send a reconsideration request with an explanation and include your spouse's salary. IRCC has no legal obligation to consider this request, but you never know.
The last option is to file again with your spouse.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5256-applying-visitor-visa-temporary-resident-visa.html#incometables

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Thank you, I will rise a web form for sure. Hopefully they consider.
IRCC wants to see what you made, not what you could have made .
Thank you, I will rise a web form for sure. Hopefully they consider.

It’s what someone has ACTUALLY made in the year . Lots can happen to an individual in a year that can affect their take home pay . That’s why the IRCC wants to see that NOA. As that’s what you actually took home from working

Kiran19

Apr 16, 2024
Hi everyone
My parents super visa got refused , You have failed to demonstrate that your child’s household meets the LICO requirements with this reason.

I had worked only part time in 2022 only had 16000 income but my husband has his own buisness and we together have 80k salary

we applied on april 6 this year , we haven’t filled the tax for 2023 yet. So we did include tax paper la from 2022 as that will be our last year. All NoA and letter from accountant for my husband buisness income was included .

what can possibly be the reason they did say we do not meet the requirements?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone
My parents super visa got refused , You have failed to demonstrate that your child’s household meets the LICO requirements with this reason.

I had worked only part time in 2022 only had 16000 income but my husband has his own buisness and we together have 80k salary

we applied on april 6 this year , we haven’t filled the tax for 2023 yet. So we did include tax paper la from 2022 as that will be our last year. All NoA and letter from accountant for my husband buisness income was included .

Business income isn't counted. The income has to be declared on your personal income tax return. Did your husband declare enough income in his personal tax return to meet LICO?

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone

Reapply with 2023 NOA with personal income tax return, not business income.

Kiran19

Apr 16, 2024
Reapply with 2023 NOA with personal income tax return, not business income.
Thankyou
He is the sole owner of the buisness and his net income from the buisness did meet the requirement but personal tax requirement was only 16000.
Can we not include the letter for financial situation that all he earns from his buisness

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thankyou
He is the sole owner of the buisness and his net income from the buisness did meet the requirement but personal tax requirement was only 16000.
Can we not include the letter for financial situation that all he earns from his buisness
No. You can't. You were correctly refused and don't meet LICO. Have your parents apply for a regular TRV.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thankyou
Need to show NOA for personal income. A letter for business income is not considered. If you don’t meet LICO for personal income then they apply for TRV. No sense in reapplying for supervisa.

Kiran19

Apr 16, 2024
We going to file tax for this year and once we file the tax . Can we reapply for super visa . My income is more this year and we can add more on his personal income to meet the requirements. Will that be acceptable?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
We going to file tax for this year and once we file the tax . Can we reapply for super visa . My income is more this year and we can add more on his personal income to meet the requirements. Will that be acceptable?
If your NOA meets 2023 LICO for personal income tax you can reapply. You cannot until you have NOA. How do you add more to personal income?