+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

invitingdad

Jun 10, 2012
Hello,

I have invited my dad to visit Canada from Dhaka with the supervisa. It took the singapore visa office (dhaka visa office is now closed) ~ 30 days to get back to him notifying him of an interview. He is now waiting for an interview date.

Here is a little bit of context about my dad. He is 65 years old and is separated from my mother and has 4 adult kids (including me). He was separated from my mother before we came to Canada. We came to Canada with my mother 17 yrs ago while we were kids. He stayed in Dhaka as he was not interested in coming to Canada. Now we live in Canada with our mother as Canadian citizens. My father as I mentioned is not a Canadian citizen. However, growing up, I have maintained a relationship with my father. Since we came to Canada, he visited us (his sons) 2 times in Canada. Now that I am an adult (meeting LICO), I would like for him to visit me. He is employed in Dhaka and has a letter from his employer. He also has property there that shows his ties to Dhaka. He is not interested in immigrating to Canada. He just wants to be able to visit us whenever he wants without having to queue up for visa each time hence the supervisa approach.

We have submitted a complete supervisa application according to the checklist. I am not sure why he is being called for an interview. What kind of questions will they ask him?? I don't want him to get refused for some silly reasons? Any advise?
Thanks

neemann

Star Member
Apr 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-June-2010
Doc's Request.
10-08-2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Request
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
03-Nov-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi Everyone

Pls add me to the list for my parents Super Visa:

Applied at VFS Jalandhar - 4th June 2021
Application recd at CIC Chandiagarh - 6th June
On VFS website, still shows application in process.

Any idea what is the next step and how long it would take?????

mapplelover

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2011
File Transfer...
01-11-2011
Med's Done....
05-8-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
DM 15-06-2012, VISA 11-06-2012, PP Arrived 20-06-2012
has anyone got supervisa validity more than passport expiry say if passport expires in year then is it still given for 1 yr

emr

Star Member
Aug 13, 2009
I don't think the SV's validity is more than the PP's expiry date. CIC is very clear on this.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sri78 said:
Hi ,

i have different kind of scenario.
My husband lives in Canada for more than 6 years. I live in my home country. We got married 3 years before. I applied for TRV and it was refused twice and my husband applied for PR in 2010. Last week visa office has requested our passports.

My question is, As I am 6 months pregnant now will I be able to take my parents with me by applying them visitor visa...?(just for 6 months) I never fly before and my parents too. My husband gross income around $36,000.I'm the only child in my family.I would like them to be with us to share the happiness when their first grand child is born.I can show a house and some funds for my parents. If I applied visa for my parents what is the possibility for them to get it??

Thank you in advance for your opinions.
Your parents don't qualify for a super visa because your husband's income is too low. However your parents can try applying for a regular visit visa. They will have to demonstrate that they have enough money to pay for their stay in Canada, show they have strong ties to their home country and prove they have no plans to remain in Canada long term.

neemann

Star Member
Apr 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-June-2010
Doc's Request.
10-08-2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Request
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
03-Nov-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
neemann said:
Hi Everyone

Pls add me to the list for my parents Super Visa:

Applied at VFS Jalandhar - 4th June 2021
Application recd at CIC Chandiagarh - 6th June
On VFS website, still shows application in process.

Any idea what is the next step and how long it would take?????
Medical request 12th June
Medical done 14th June

Romeo0021

Jun 9, 2012
It's been 8 weeks after medical done for Super Visa. Today, VFS called stating they received a letter from the CHC. I am wondering what would that be? Some other request or Visa.
Please, reply to this message.
I am waiting for the visa for more than 2 months now.

abgaur

Sep 26, 2009
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I just wanted to share my experience. We applied for my parent's supervisa at Addis Ababa (application processed through Nairobi office). Here are my timelines:

Application submitted at Addis Ababa - 17th April
Medicals Requested - 8th May
Medicals compelted and reports sent by doctors - 22 May

The medicals goto London office for processing. Nairobi office reports that medicals have not been obtained from London office.

Does anybody have any experienc with medicals getting processed from London office?

Thanks

rose_aminy

Jun 19, 2012
Hi everybody
I am new in the forum and I reaaly want to apply for the supervisa for my parents ,
I found out that the form is the same for the supervisa and single visa ?
What about invitation letter , can anybody help me for that ?
The format of that and the way to write or notarize ?
I really appreciate your help

YuliyaD

Feb 15, 2012
My grandmother got a rejection letter.

The reason for rejection were stated as:

- not sufficient ties to home country;
- legth of stay in Canada (completely unreasonable, as we have not even indicated how long she will be staying, health insurance policy was for 1 year);
- not sufficient funds (hers); my income well meets LICO.

She has been refused visitor visa 4 times prior to this, and when she applied for the 1st time visa officer told her in an interview that since her daughter/my mother came to Canada on TRV, overstayed and then got married, the presumption is that her daughter immigrated "illegally" or by misrepresentation.

anyway, long story short, I will be applying for a leave for judicial review in the Federal Court...

neemann

Star Member
Apr 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-June-2010
Doc's Request.
10-08-2015
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Request
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
03-Nov-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Sorry to hear about this. Taking this to court is a right decision. For the benefit of others can you tell that at what stage she was refused. Have they asked for the medical or not??? What was the timeline like??

YuliyaD said:
My grandmother got a rejection letter.

The reason for rejection were stated as:

- not sufficient ties to home country;
- legth of stay in Canada (completely unreasonable, as we have not even indicated how long she will be staying, health insurance policy was for 1 year);
- not sufficient funds (hers); my income well meets LICO.

She has been refused visitor visa 4 times prior to this, and when she applied for the 1st time visa officer told her in an interview that since her daughter/my mother came to Canada on TRV, overstayed and then got married, the presumption is that her daughter immigrated "illegally" or by misrepresentation.

anyway, long story short, I will be applying for a leave for judicial review in the Federal Court...

rose_aminy

Jun 19, 2012
HI everybody
I have a question , pls answer me , I really miss my parents
I am a student , my income is very low but my husband accept to be a co signer , so in invitation letter do I need to submit my income ?Or he must submit and invite my parents ?
For supporting letter who must sign ?
I really appreciate your help

mila_mac

Apr 17, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi Everyone!!! I want to apply for a supervisa for my mom...I have just landed, so I am a permanent resident, my husband is a born canadian. I am trying to start the process but I have no idea where to start. Can anybody tell me what to start with?
My mother is in Russia and 1 year ago she applied for a regular tourist visa and has been rejected.
But at that time I was in "nobody" status in Canada, now I am a permanent resident, I guess it will help/
Who can tell me what to do and what to start with?

nanaykopo

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First maybe you may want to gather all the documents needed, invitation letter? 2011 notice of assessment? employment letter? bank statements? copy of your PR card your and your husband's birth certificate?
Then look for a medical insurance company for your mom's health insurance covering 1year with a minimum coverage of $100,000.
You could also ask your mom to start filling out the forms needed, and all the papers needed from her side (Just like the regular tourist visa checklist)

But it is more helpful if you visit the cic website. It will tell you everything that you need to know.

mila_mac

Apr 17, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nanaykopo said:
First maybe you may want to gather all the documents needed, invitation letter? 2011 notice of assessment? employment letter? bank statements? copy of your PR card your and your husband's birth certificate?
Then look for a medical insurance company for your mom's health insurance covering 1year with a minimum coverage of $100,000.
You could also ask your mom to start filling out the forms needed, and all the papers needed from her side (Just like the regular tourist visa checklist)

But it is more helpful if you visit the cic website. It will tell you everything that you need to know.
Thank you, I did and I am a little bit confused...where should we apply for the visa? Should my mom apply for it in Russia or should I apply for her from Canada?
does anybody have a sample of an invitaton letter? and what is 2011 notice of assessment?