+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study visa for minor after visitor visa refusal

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If I reapply for study permit, how can I get the original letter of acceptance from Canada school (mandatory for IMM 1294)?
You should not need to as a minor and you are on a work permit. Do you know where you will be living? If so contact the local school board and get a letter. You will need to talk to the school board at some point.

uclohani

Mar 23, 2023
You should not need to as a minor and you are on a work permit. Do you know where you will be living? If so contact the local school board and get a letter. You will need to talk to the school board at some point.
Right now I am in India. I'll move to Lethbridge, Alberta in June 2023. Will they entertain now?

uclohani

Mar 23, 2023
Not sure what you mean by entertain but yes, call the school board now. Schools are setting up staffing/enrolment for September.
Thank you for your wonderful support. But, I want to know the answer of my original question just for the sake of knowledge now. So coming to my original question about the applying for reconsideration. Should I fill the IRCC webform as an applicant or a represenatative for my son? Please don't mind.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your wonderful support. But, I want to know the answer of my original question just for the sake of knowledge now. So coming to my original question about the applying for reconsideration. Should I fill the IRCC webform as an applicant or a represenatative for my son? Please don't mind.
If you want to apply for reconsideration on his behalf, go ahead. There are no timelines for reconsideration. So it may take much longer than just reapplying. Again what is changing for him since the intent for him is to go to school, not visit?

uclohani

Mar 23, 2023
If you want to apply for reconsideration on his behalf, go ahead. There are no timelines for reconsideration. So it may take much longer than just reapplying. Again what is changing for him since the intent for him is to go to school, not visit?
Thank you again. If I apply for reconsideration on his behalf just for taking a chance, I am confused with the role. Should I apply as an applicant or representative? Do I need to fill any form for representative?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you again. If I apply for reconsideration on his behalf just for taking a chance, I am confused with the role. Should I apply as an applicant or representative? Do I need to fill any form for representative?
Your child is a minor so you are sending on his behalf.

uclohani

Mar 23, 2023
Your child is a minor so you are sending on his behalf.
Actually, in IRCC webform, there are three options to choose under “Enquirer Information: Relationship to applicant”. Options are: Applicant, Representative and Sponsor. Which one should I opt in my case?

uclohani

Mar 23, 2023
Hi,

Still looking for the answer of my question. I have applied for visa along with my wife and two kids together. Unfortunately, my elder son's visa got refused due to "the purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application". Now I am thnking of applying for reconsideration using IRCC webform for my son. But I have one confusion. Actually, in IRCC webform, there are three options to choose under “Enquirer Information: Relationship to applicant”. Options are: Applicant, Representative and Sponsor. Which one should I opt in my case? Please see 'Enquirer Information'

mhvarwani

Apr 27, 2023
Dear *********,
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. I have reviewed your study permit application
and supporting documentation to assess whether you meet the requirements for a study permit
(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/
eligibility.html). This includes assessing whether you are coming to Canada temporarily for the
reason(s) you describe in your application. I have determined that your application does not meet

the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) (https://laws-
lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/index.html) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations

(IRPR) (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/index.html). I am refusing
your application.

• You have not submitted written documentation from the educational institution where you
intend to study that states that you have been accepted to study there.

I received this when I applied for my 4 year old daughters study permit, after rejection of her visitors visa. My work permit was approved and my wifes visitor visa too.

How can I provide an admission letter from a school in canada for a 4 year old when we dont event know the address we shall be staying in. This doesn't seem right.

mhvarwani

Apr 27, 2023
A question to you all..

My work permit is approved but kids study permit rejected. If I am to apply for a study permit for my kids, should I reapply for a family/group application again and also for my work permit?

OR apply for my kids study permit independently through my GC account?

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
A question to you all..

My work permit is approved but kids study permit rejected. If I am to apply for a study permit for my kids, should I reapply for a family/group application again and also for my work permit?

OR apply for my kids study permit independently through my GC account?
what's the reason for rejection

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
• You have not submitted written documentation from the educational institution where you
intend to study that states that you have been accepted to study there.

this was for a 4 year old
for 4 years i think you dont need study permit