+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study visa for minor after visitor visa refusal

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
Do you mean to say, I should choose 'applicant' and write on behalf of my son?
yes thats the correct way, though you must have done it already.
Wondering what did you end up doing applied study permit or reconsideration worked?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
A question to you all..

My work permit is approved but kids study permit rejected. If I am to apply for a study permit for my kids, should I reapply for a family/group application again and also for my work permit?

OR apply for my kids study permit independently through my GC account?

Did you explain that that you have a WP or study permit and proof of job or LOA and that the children will be attending the local school that is associated with your catchment area?

What school are you attending? That could also be the issue.

uclohani

Mar 23, 2023
Dear *********,
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. I have reviewed your study permit application
and supporting documentation to assess whether you meet the requirements for a study permit
(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/
eligibility.html). This includes assessing whether you are coming to Canada temporarily for the
reason(s) you describe in your application. I have determined that your application does not meet

the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) (https://laws-
lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/index.html) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations

(IRPR) (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/index.html). I am refusing
your application.

• You have not submitted written documentation from the educational institution where you
intend to study that states that you have been accepted to study there.

I received this when I applied for my 4 year old daughters study permit, after rejection of her visitors visa. My work permit was approved and my wifes visitor visa too.

How can I provide an admission letter from a school in canada for a 4 year old when we dont event know the address we shall be staying in. This doesn't seem right.
I have applied visitor visa for my 4 year old son and it was granted. It seems for elementary class, no study permit is required.

uclohani

Mar 23, 2023
A question to you all..

My work permit is approved but kids study permit rejected. If I am to apply for a study permit for my kids, should I reapply for a family/group application again and also for my work permit?

OR apply for my kids study permit independently through my GC account?
You reapply only for kids using the same IRCC account and this time you don't need to submit LoA as you already have WP now. Please refer to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/letters-acceptance.html#s02 for more clarification

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022

uclohani

Mar 23, 2023
but how did you fill the form, proof of funds, name of school etc.
and did you have to link the application?
As I told earlier that I applied for visitor visa for my 4 year old son and got it. Filling the form is same as you have done first time. While filling the form you have to provide UCI number that you already have, so no need to link the application.

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
As I told earlier that I applied for visitor visa for my 4 year old son and got it. Filling the form is same as you have done first time. While filling the form you have to provide UCI number that you already have, so no need to link the application.
ah I see. hopefully I get the approval on my kids application too. I'm worried if it's getting rejected and might asked to apply for a study permit because the age is 5 years

uclohani

Mar 23, 2023
ah I see. hopefully I get the approval on my kids application too. I'm worried if it's getting rejected and might asked to apply for a study permit because the age is 5 years
Have you got VISA approval for yourself? If so, go ahead with study permit for your kids safer side. Now you don't need LoA.

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
Have you got VISA approval for yourself? If so, go ahead with study permit for your kids safer side. Now you don't need LoA.
I'm still waiting for my own approval too..for study permit I do need to show proof of funds. what to do with it?

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
Kids Eligibility status shows as COMPLETED so wonder what does that mean if application is going to be approved or rejected

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
since after rejection for your 12 years old you applied study permit again for him right? my question is how did you do it. Because when you re-do the application it doesnt fall under your family members its a separate application and that requires proof of funds, the form with school name etc.
What did you do with proof of funds? What did you write for school name, term duration etc.

Your help is appreciated.

uclohani

Mar 23, 2023
since after rejection for your 12 years old you applied study permit again for him right? my question is how did you do it. Because when you re-do the application it doesnt fall under your family members its a separate application and that requires proof of funds, the form with school name etc.
What did you do with proof of funds? What did you write for school name, term duration etc.

Your help is appreciated.
I applied separately only for my kid using same IRCC account. As a proof of funds, I used my offer letter and bank statements (saving). In my case, though LoA was not required, I was able to get LoA with the help of my friend there. Name of school you can find in your locality where you are going to reside. Term, you can start from Sept 2023 till June 2024. You may want to wait for your visa approval to get exempted from LoA. Then, instead of LoA, you can upload your approved VISA.

Reactions: trkm93