+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study permit change of learning institution

memo1212

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
That is to extend your study permit. You need a new study permit because you changed DLI without completing the conditions of your study permit. You should be checking with IRCC if your permit was cancelled as the DLI on your permit must inform IRCC if you dropped out.

if you have no idea about what you are talking about. why do you confuse people in here??
if unable of answering clear questions why do you confuse the people??
I said clearly it is to ( change the conditions). I did not make that up. it is written on ircc website.

memo1212

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
You would need to apply for a new study permit if you didn't complete at least one semester / term of the ESL / college program.
where did you come with the rule of ( at least ONE semester)? why not two semesters? or 3 semesters?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
where did you come with the rule of ( at least ONE semester)? why not two semesters? or 3 semesters?
You have been given the link and explanation in previous posts. Have you even notified IRCC that you changed programs even though you need a new permit? If you didn’t and started a new program then you are studying without a permit (illegally).

IRCC clamped down a few years ago of people coming to Canada and then going to a school for a few weeks, and then changing DLIs. You said you dropped out and then condition on your permit is that you must complete ESL program to work.

You cannot change the condition on your study permit to work because you didn’t complete your ESL program.

memo1212

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
You have been given the link and explanation in previous posts. Have you even notified IRCC that you changed programs even though you need a new permit? If you didn’t and started a new program then you are studying without a permit (illegally).

IRCC clamped down a few years ago of people coming to Canada and then going to a school for a few weeks, and then changing DLIs. You said you dropped out and then condition on your permit is that you must complete ESL program to work.

You cannot change the condition on your study permit to work because you didn’t complete your ESL program.
you have no explanation at all. you did not give anything before. it's all ideas from your own mind.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I didn't come up with the rule. IRCC did.

Reactions: rcincanada2019

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
if you have no idea about what you are talking about. why do you confuse people in here??
if unable of answering clear questions why do you confuse the people??
I said clearly it is to ( change the conditions). I did not make that up. it is written on ircc website.
It is still your choice, to go ahead with what you think is right. Nobody is forcing you to follow what is being given to you in a public forum.

Try changing your conditions according to what you want and see for yourself if what is being given to you here is incorrect.