+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit and Post Graduate Work Permit at the Same time - Discuss here

Dreambigca

May 15, 2018
Hello,
I graduated in Dec 2019 but my study permit was valid it June 30th 2020 and applied for my pgwp in Jan 2020, it got delayed due to COVID but it finally got approved in August. Now I also want to study a program, so wanted to ask if I can apply for my study permit. Will it void my PGWP? Can I hold both PGWP and study permit at the same time? I tried calling IRCC but due to higher call volume they hold a lot and it gets disconnected everytime.
Thanks!

Hi Can you confirm what you did in this situation?

I will appreciate your reply

Thanks

akunjir

Jul 19, 2021
hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone can answer this question of mine - I have applied for PGWP on 9th April 2021 after graduating from a Canadian university in Jan 2021, and its still in progress. I want to do another course in Jan 2022 and want to apply for a study permit again as the current one expired. Can I apply for a study permit again if my PGWP is already in progress ??

Sep 3, 2023
Hi, Currently i am on PGWP and it was issued on august 8. However, i have applied for PGWP in april 20. My question is can i study part time without study permit or should i have to apply for study permit first?

And if i apply for study permit. Can i apply for PR after 1 year under CEC

smartpart

Oct 21, 2020
Hello guys, I have a question that I need your help and expertise in it please: I have a PGWP that will expire in Nov, however, I would like to take a course that is only for 3 months, PT, & Online at Durham College. The question is: would be any problem for studying such course? Do I need to apply for a study permit?. worth mentioning that I just got my ITA and in preparation of submitting my documents. the reason for me to study now, and not after getting the PR is the exam for this certificate will be on Sept and I don't want to miss it.
Many thanks for your help and answer in advance :)