Med's Done....
Aug 15 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 22 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Feb-11-2011
Can Anyone please let me know what should I write as answers of following question
(1) Describe what you have done, or what you plan to do, to search for a job in Alberta?
(2) Describe your plans for initial settlement in Alberta. For instance, where do you plan to live
and what type of accommodation are you are seeking?

Thanks in Advance...

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
jackweb_80 said:
Can Anyone please let me know what should I write as answers of following question
(1) Describe what you have done, or what you plan to do, to search for a job in Alberta?
(2) Describe your plans for initial settlement in Alberta. For instance, where do you plan to live

Thanks in Advance...
These questions have been answered several times in this thread and many other threads. Please search.

Flori

Star Member
Sep 18, 2008
divagirl said:
jackweb_80 said:

Thanks in Advance...
These questions have been answered several times in this thread and many other threads. Please search.
Most important is...I think this questions you should answer them yourself. They ask them so you have a heads up on what you need to do or plan before you move so your moving is succesfull.
So... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE OR WHAT TO DO YOU PLAN TO DO TO SEARCH FOR A JOB IN ALBERTA?
My advice would be do something about it, look online, call agencies in alberta, call the goverment, ask for info, go there and examine the market before you make the final move.
2 Describe your plans for initial settlement...
Where do you plan to live, have you look online or on alberta newspapers for housing, how much do they cost a month, look for hostels, maybe hotels, etc. Don't expect other people to answer this questions, better yet look for the answers yourself, YOU REALLY NEED TO DO THAT.

vendy9999

Feb 26, 2009
hi
i would like to start my AINP process...
i work as a programmer analyst in US on h1b...
can i use the code 2174 for AINP...
will my title fit into that category........

vendy9999

Feb 26, 2009
hi flori
for the first question, can we mention some online job portals for job positions, that i have been looking at for open positions in canada...

for the second question,
can we give any hotels details....or find some apartments in rent.com or something and give that to them...will they call up the leasing office to verify?

wasi2000

Star Member
Feb 22, 2009
here you go...
AINP 009 Answer no. 3: Let's say that you are IT consultant here in US, So you can write like that:

I have been an IT consultant in US for last 2 years, I worked at various Fortune 500 companies ranging from Mortgaze, Telecommunications, Financial Advisory firms and Investment banks. I am pretty familiar with resume preparation, web-interviews, Job fairs, career workshops, telephonic interviews and face 2 face interviews. I know mostly job portals in US and Canada like Monster, careerbuilder, workpolis, Canadajobs. Calgaryjobs and so on. Even still I am in coversation with some of the biggest head hunter and tech consulting companies and they look forward to work with me in future. I am extremely positive and optimistic about the economy of Alberta. In my opinion Job search in Canada is not just the internet it is also about professional networking, video interviews, telephonic conversations with key technical recruiters of placement agencies. An I am sure that I will definitely be successful after landing into Alberta.

Answer no. 4[/b]: Initially, I plan to live in the suburbs of Calgary, as one of the top job hub within alberta. I will find a job and start living in rental apartment community and then later after extensive research I plan to buy a Condo or townhouse. So I can live and settle with my family in Alberta.

Answer no. 5: My knowledge about Alberta is as follows:

Geography:

Alberta is a province located in Western Canada. This province is located right on the North of US Province Montana, on the west side of Canadian province Sasketchewan, on east side of Canadian Province British Columbia and in south side of Canadian province North West territories. The Capital of Alberta is Edmonton. The major cities of Alberta are, Edmonton, Calgary, Red Deer, Jasper and Fort McMurray. Alberta is famous for its Oil Industry and Major Oil reserves located on North Side of the Province. This province has booming economy for decades because of Oil reserves and comntinous immigration. Alberta is a very culturally diverse place to live. The current Alberta residents represents various ethnic groups representing countries like China, US, Russia, ukraine, India, Phillipines and rest of Asia. Climate: Alberta has four seasons. In summer tempreature can go up to 90-100 Degree fer. and during winter it can go as low as -25 to -40 degrees fer. [/i]

Labor Market:

Alberta is one of the most booming province in Canada and It is expected that there will be shortage of nearly 100,000 skilled professionals in coming 10 years. The list of those occupations are available at HRSDC. But regardless of economy, Alberta has great potential to be a vibrant economic province in Canada. Mostly jobs in Alberta available in Major Industries like, Oil and Gas, Transportation, real-estate, information technology, Financial sector and agriculture.

Cost of Living:

Cost of living is relatively high in Big cities like Calgary and Edmonton but I can find some good place to live in thier suburbs, where nice, quiet communities are available in resonable price.[/b]
jackweb_80 said:

Thanks in Advance...

Flori

Star Member
Sep 18, 2008
vendy9999 said:
hi flori
for the first question, can we mention some online job portals for job positions, that i have been looking at for open positions in canada...

for the second question,
can we give any hotels details....or find some apartments in rent.com or something and give that to them...will they call up the leasing office to verify?
I'm not an expert, but yeah, I think that'd help. They must know the main source of information the people who is applying is gonna be the internet. So online job posts would definetly be the number one answer. Now analize your profesion, and how is the market in Alberta for it, and the regulatory bodies there may be. Think about what companies may use your services or where would you like to work, then look at the website of those companies for open positions, if they don't have any posted online call them up, sometimes they may not post the open positions online.

And for the second question, yeah I think you could do that, just remember rent.com only post housing in the usa, you may wanna use something like www.rentalberta.ca. And I'd doubt they would call any leasing office to verify, but that's not relevant REMEMBER, DON'T SEE THIS AS AN ANSWER YOU GOTTA GIVE TO GET THE NOMINATION OR RESIDENCY, THIS IS YOUR SETTLEMEN PLAN, BASICALLY YOUR FUTURE. Threat it with the importance it deserves. What good is gonna do to you to give some information you haven't verify? The information you obtain is more valuable to you that what it is for them, so it doesn't matter if they verify it, it matters IF YOU VERIFY IT!!!.
There's another link you may wanna check out, I got it out the Edmonton Sun
http://www.classifiedextra.ca/?cid=MKTNB_CanoeJobboom_EN20080703NB2
Now, remember this is a forum for more legal related issuess and question about the process (although nobody here is a lawyer, consultant, expert or inmigration officer, so trust your instincts and do you homework). For settlement, housing, jobs we may wanna discuss this subject at the apropiate forum.
look for it here:
HOUSING: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/housing-b39.0/

SETTLEMENT ISSUES: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/settlement-issues-b14.0/

WORK: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/finding-work-in-canada-b21.0/

RESOURCES 4 FINDING WORK: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/resources-for-finding-a-canadian-job-b24.0/

A

Albertagoverner

wasi2000 said:
here you go...
AINP 009 Answer no. 3: Let's say that you are IT consultant here in US, So you can write like that:

I have been an IT consultant in US for last 2 years, I worked at various Fortune 500 companies ranging from Mortgaze, Telecommunications, Financial Advisory firms and Investment banks. I am pretty familiar with resume preparation, web-interviews, Job fairs, career workshops, telephonic interviews and face 2 face interviews. I know mostly job portals in US and Canada like Monster, careerbuilder, workpolis, Canadajobs. Calgaryjobs and so on. Even still I am in coversation with some of the biggest head hunter and tech consulting companies and they look forward to work with me in future. I am extremely positive and optimistic about the economy of Alberta. In my opinion Job search in Canada is not just the internet it is also about professional networking, video interviews, telephonic conversations with key technical recruiters of placement agencies. An I am sure that I will definitely be successful after landing into Alberta.

Answer no. 4[/b]: Initially, I plan to live in the suburbs of Calgary, as one of the top job hub within alberta. I will find a job and start living in rental apartment community and then later after extensive research I plan to buy a Condo or townhouse. So I can live and settle with my family in Alberta.

Answer no. 5: My knowledge about Alberta is as follows:

Geography:

Alberta is a province located in Western Canada. This province is located right on the North of US Province Montana, on the west side of Canadian province Sasketchewan, on east side of Canadian Province British Columbia and in south side of Canadian province North West territories. The Capital of Alberta is Edmonton. The major cities of Alberta are, Edmonton, Calgary, Red Deer, Jasper and Fort McMurray. Alberta is famous for its Oil Industry and Major Oil reserves located on North Side of the Province. This province has booming economy for decades because of Oil reserves and comntinous immigration. Alberta is a very culturally diverse place to live. The current Alberta residents represents various ethnic groups representing countries like China, US, Russia, ukraine, India, Phillipines and rest of Asia. Climate: Alberta has four seasons. In summer tempreature can go up to 90-100 Degree fer. and during winter it can go as low as -25 to -40 degrees fer. [/i]

Labor Market:

Alberta is one of the most booming province in Canada and It is expected that there will be shortage of nearly 100,000 skilled professionals in coming 10 years. The list of those occupations are available at HRSDC. But regardless of economy, Alberta has great potential to be a vibrant economic province in Canada. Mostly jobs in Alberta available in Major Industries like, Oil and Gas, Transportation, real-estate, information technology, Financial sector and agriculture.

Cost of Living:

Cost of living is relatively high in Big cities like Calgary and Edmonton but I can find some good place to live in thier suburbs, where nice, quiet communities are available in resonable price.[/b]
jackweb_80 said:

Thanks in Advance...
Dear Wasi2000,

You should have taken copyrights from me before posting my post! So Called "Knowledge about Alberta"

Flori

Star Member
Sep 18, 2008
Dear Wasi2000,

You should have taken copyrights from me before posting my post! So Called "Knowledge about Alberta"

[/quote]

Hahahaha, we got post piracy already, well you post it for everyone to read anyways. I just hope they don't get 300 applications with the same exact answer. By the way, from the other post. I didn't wanted to be rude, but it bothers me people being so, well.. rude. Im not from Asia, I'm from Mexico and the honey isn't neccesary. :)

P

prikvats3

Frens,
I am new to this forum... I have just started the process of applying for AINP progm - I am on H1b and completed 2 yrs in USA

I am an IT professional and applying under NOC-2171 :-
I need some valuable information from you guys on my following question -

My offer letter has me designated as 'Project Leader' , my current role is 'Business System Analyst'
LCA & USCIS,I-797 has - Computer Programmer Analyst.

My prior experience is as Programmer Analyst,System Analyst and Business Analyst.

So can i file in NOC - 2171 category ? any thought / idea /suggestion

Also, Visa stamped on my passport is from company 'A' (will expired on Sep-2009) and now I am working with company 'B' with valid I-797 (valid upto March-2010). Is it okay, I believe there should not be any problems

Please adivice

optimusprime

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
hello all-

reading thru the CIC Newsletter, i was able to stumble into this statement:

'In addition to the H1B occupations list, Alberta has also revised its requirements for H1B status. Previously, Alberta required that an applicant's H1B status be valid only at the time of application; but it could elapse thereafter. Now, H1B status must be maintained until the AINP makes a final decision on the candidate.

The AINP is currently projecting total processing times of 2 to 6 months.'

For the experts, can you comment on what this means? For all of us on the H1B track, given that there is a recession in the US, timing is of the essence. I just wanted to make sure if, upon receiving the nomination from AINP, am I good to go for the H1B-SRS stream? I am currently at the stage where I got my nomination from the mail. I give it a little over a month to get all the paperwork completed and submitted to Buffalo. Would you say I am 'safe' and almost there? Given I am approved for the CIC application and get a stamped visa, if I am laid-off from work (praying that this does not happen) anytime after the AINP nomination, will I be questioned and possibly be refused entry to Canada?

wasi2000

Star Member
Feb 22, 2009
I would appreciate, if somebody can tell me that whether I need to send the Mark Sheets of Education Certificates or thats fine if i do not send.

Anybody got nomination without sending Mark Sheet of the Education Certificates / Degrees.

I know, there is no harm sending also ...but the problem is my mark sheets are in the native language so I need to get those translated before sending them. I don't want to get into that hassle so thats why I am asking this.

Please suggest!!

akk

Sep 2, 2008
wasi2000,

DON'T PUBLISH THE SAME POST SEVERAL TIMES. <b>SENIORS WILL STOP TO HELP PEOPLE THAT DOES THAT.</b>
Newbies are advised to not answer when you see this happening either.
Let's keep the forum clean, organized and helpful please!!

AKK

wasi2000 said:
I would appreciate, if somebody can tell me that whether I need to send the Mark Sheets of Education Certificates or thats fine if i do not send.

Anybody got nomination without sending Mark Sheet of the Education Certificates / Degrees.

I know, there is no harm sending also ...but the problem is my mark sheets are in the native language so I need to get those translated before sending them. I don't want to get into that hassle so thats why I am asking this.

Please suggest!!

makbar24

Jan 26, 2009
Hi all,
i am planning to apply ANIP. i have download the application form h1b_AINP009.pdf. but this file is not Editable. can any one advise me you did it. should i fillup the form by hand writing or by typewriter. if i need to use typewriter, how we can do it in usa. any help will be hightly appriciated