Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
Looking at the state of immigration backlog in US and the resultant duplication of immigrant applications with US and Canadian governments it is sad that government resources are indirectly being lost. All of us have applied to US and Canada, and if only US had a clearer statement on immigration reforms, both governments could avoid waste.

Having said that, I'd also add that each government has to spend the resources to ensure they win over the best of folks willing to migrate to their countries. So from that perspective, Canadian government may stand to lose some of this talent if the process time continues to increase - what if there is a change in the US immigration approach soon? I guess they are betting on US' statusquo for a long time.

Indium-sulfide said:
AINP replied my inquiry as follows. It seems we need to wait for more time. Five months.
Anyway, thanks for the reply.

For the U.S. Visa Holder Category, due to current application volumes,
it may take up to 2 months before the Candidate is notified whether or
not the application has been accepted for processing and to be issued a
file number. A decision will be made on U.S. Visa Holder Category
applications within approximately 3 months from the time the application
has been accepted for processing at the AINP.

So, guys and girls, we need to wait approximately 5 plus 1 month for AINP nomination and another 1 month to prepare documents to file to CIC, which takes at least 6 months. Good luck.

numerouno

Feb 24, 2009
Dear forum-buddies,

I filed for my AINP application (with Alberta) on Friday (20 Feb 2009) and was told (when I called Alberta's hot-line @ 780 427 6419) that a "small" change was effected on Thursday (19 Feb 2009). The change is that, now, the applicant has to be on an H1-B not only while the application is being submitted but also when the application is due for finalization .

Now, my question is this:

I am getting married in September 2009 and since I applied in February (this month) I do not expect that my nomination will take longer than 6 months. Thus by August I should have my nomination and from there on the ball will be in CIC's court.

Now, given that I will be supplying CIC with my marriage certificate in September, will they consider my wife's application as that of a dependent or will they have the file sent back to Alberta seeking their counsel on whether I still qualify "with my wife". I ask this because the way the economy is the sooner I am free from the H1-B requirement the easier I can breathe. If the file goes back to Alberta and they want to check on my status I will have to be on an H1-B (by necessity) that much longer!

Anyone with any experience in this regard?

Thank you

strawberry1009

Jul 22, 2008
Hi Numerouno,

I attended the H1B SRS webinar and this type of question actually came up but i think it was for a future son/daughter as the wife(dependent) of the AINP applicant is pregnant during the time of approval. I remember that the instructions of the AINP representative was to inform their office of any changes in the family composition. I think you need to contact AINP first and they will deal with the paper work on the additional dependent and send to CIC. So most probably in your case, you will inform AINP office of your change of status from single to married after your wedding. Their office will then instruct you on how to go about adding your wife as dependent in your CIC application. It is best to call the office to confirm this process. The webinar i attended was back in january so i may have forgotten some details regarding this case.

With regards to your H1B status, i think the statement was we need to have H1B only up to the time nomination is approved. If you go back to AINP and ask for a dependent to be added i do not think that removes your approved nomination. You are still nominated and that process is over and done with. the only question remaining is for your change of dependent. I would interpret from their statement that you do not need to keep H1B status as long as you have already been nominated. Again, best to call AINP office and confirm.

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
I agree with strawberry1009.

Pependri

Nov 6, 2008
I received my nomination on the 29th of Dec 08 and I got married on 17th Jan 09. I called my Processing officer(His name was mentioned in in Provincial Nomination) and he asked me to send my Provincial Nomination certificate back along with my Marriage Certificate and my Wife's federal forms. It would take five to six weeks to receive a new nomination certificate according to the officer.

satyac

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
Hi
I was wondering,do we get nomination certificate or else , it will directly sended out to buffullo embassy, i got nomination accepted in jan,but it said that certificate is directly is posted to buffu;lo embassy,is this normal ?
Do we need to submit our medicals will submitting our documnets to CIC ?
Which will be the decent amount of balance ,to show as proof of funds for a married guy with no kids ?

Thanks

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Don't post the same question several times.....your question was already answered.

Akk

satyac said:
Hi
I was wondering,do we get nomination certificate or else , it will directly sended out to buffullo embassy, i got nomination accepted in jan,but it said that certificate is directly is posted to buffu;lo embassy,is this normal ?
Which will be the decent amount of balance ,to show as proof of funds for a married guy with no kids ?

Thanks

C

cchabert

akk said:
Don't post the same question several times.....your question was already answered.

Akk

satyac said:
I know AKK people don't like to read :-D
Hi

Thanks

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Done:July 26 2010,Delivered:Aug 4 2010

I'm a consultant and so I have opened a mailbox for permanent mailing address with UPS store,I'm wating for the file number from AINP.

Is there a way I can notify them about the change in mailing address since I no longer live at the mailing address specified?

Any suggestion in this regards will be appreciated !

wasi2000

Star Member
Feb 22, 2009
Appreciate your contribution to this thread and making everybody aware about the latest news.
dnataraj said:
FYI
http://www.cicnews.com/2009/02/developments-popular-alberta-immigrant-nominee-program-02701.html
-dna

wasi2000

Star Member
Feb 22, 2009
Have you got your PCC back?
Why you did not try directly from India through the help of your relatives...just want to know...since I am thinking of getting this done with this way....just curious to know whether we can get PCC with this way or not.

Pependri said:
I received my Police Clearance Certificate from Indian Consulate at NY. It takes about 30 days. You need to send an application along with a DD and passport.
The link is http://indiacgny.org/php/showContent.php?linkid=205&partid=99&sub=sub4

Since I did not want them to have my passport for a long time (fear of misplacement), I called them and they told me to send notarized copies of passport. But once they receive the clearance from home country then you need to send them the original passport which they will return in 3 days.