+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Visa for international student

kamal1987

Feb 9, 2012
Hi...
My wife is going to apply for Student Visa and i want to come with her on Spouse Visa
I recently return from Australia and i was student over there
Could you please tell me what are the requirements for it and what are the chances of getting the spouse visa
If i get visa would i be able to work there

eng.shadi

Feb 11, 2012
she has to apply for a study permit, while you have to apply either for an open work permit, or open study permit ... or as a visitor. so you have the choice ...

obtaining spouse visa depends on your wife application, financial support, your qualification ... etc.

regards ;)

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eng.shadi said:
she has to apply for a study permit, while you have to apply either for an open work permit, or open study permit ... or as a visitor. so you have the choice ...

obtaining spouse visa depends on your wife application, financial support, your qualification ... etc.

regards ;)
Hi,

1. There is nothing like an 'open study permit' in Canada. The ONLY option for OP is to apply for TRV.

veri

Star Member
Jan 16, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2011
Doc's Request.
NO
AOR Received.
07-09-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2011
Med's Request
07-09-2011
Med's Done....
14-09-2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
17-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2012
LANDED..........
07-02-2012
Actually, there is... My spouse got an open work permit for 2.5 years based on my study permit. It was actually pretty easy. When I applied for study permit, I included my spouse on my application and applied for spousal work permit. When I was approved, I got a study permit and my spouse got an open work permit. IF you get the spousal visa, you are free to take any employment. There are certain requirements for the school to qualify but as long as you qualify, you`ll get it. Is your spouse gonna study at state university or college? How long is the program?

veri

Star Member
Jan 16, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2011
Doc's Request.
NO
AOR Received.
07-09-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2011
Med's Request
07-09-2011
Med's Done....
14-09-2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
17-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2012
LANDED..........
07-02-2012
As enfield said, I don`t think there is anything like "open study permit", only open work permit but that is what you need, right?

muzamilrose

Star Member
Jan 26, 2012
pakistan lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISB.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI.
chances of getting visa totally depends upon ur case wether it is strong or not.
No u cant work on TRV visa,after reaching canada u have 2 apply 4 a work permit
well for ur wife,must have a strong academic background 2ndly type of course she choose,Ielts,strong sponsorship,etc..
and for u ur personal bank statements make case strong,work history,travel history,etc...

i have applied 3 weeks ago with the same case.
to be very honest i recommend u as i have read many posts in this forum do not apply for any of Ontario colleges or universities.
bcz chances of getting visa r very low for this province.try 2 apply for any other province of canada..
best of luck.. :)

jackpatel

Aug 13, 2010
I am sorry but I don't agree with you muzamilrose there are a very good chance of getting visa in ONTARIO but as u said depend on ur strong documentation and of course luck also plays a Big part.

Kamal I suggest you should apply for ur Visitor visa along with ur wife's application... but be sure u show enough balance and family ties because getting student visa might be easy but to get a Spouse Visa is really very difficult in canada.

muzamilrose

Star Member
Jan 26, 2012
pakistan lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISB.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@jackpatel i dont agree wid u as well reason is that wt now u r in canada...if u apply from there for ur spouse chances r very high 2 getting visa...
i m telling kamal he is wt now in pakistan and applying from here..
here is the list of students who applied for ontario and got rejection..

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Arw3iuV0nMYudG85dkVmMlQzQzQ4VC1BSVhXZmVSOXc#gid=0

jackpatel

Aug 13, 2010
muzammilrose thanks for ur clarification bcoz from india there are more chances.... neways how can i apply for my wife's visa from here????

muzamilrose

Star Member
Jan 26, 2012
pakistan lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISB.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thnks brov...

as ur wife visa refused few days ago..i ll not recommend u reapply now wait n consult some professionals..
dont waste ur time n money..

u r in canada if u r interested i can give u a details of best n highly professional firm, she is a experienced immigration lawyer from Toronto, Ontario. She is one of only 13 lawyers certified by the Law Society of Upper Canada...
if u hire them 4 ur case they ll provide u company cover letter which ll make ur case more stronger

i recommend hire a personal immigration representative,a representative is someone who has ur permission to conduct business on ur behalf with citizenship and immigration canada. IMM5476(11-2010)E read this form & hire canadian personal representative...

best reg
Muzz..

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jackpatel said:
I am sorry but I don't agree with you muzamilrose there are a very good chance of getting visa in ONTARIO
Hi,

1. You can NOT apply for TRV inside Canada. You MUST apply at any Canadian visa office abroad. The 'level of establishment' is one of most important factor in the approval/refusal of TRV. You can not prove it just by meeting the minimum of all 'procedural requirements' of TRV.

muzamilrose

Star Member
Jan 26, 2012
pakistan lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISB.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi..
i am sending u her websites address..might be it ll help 4 u and others as well.....

http://www.chantaldesloges.com/

http://chantaldesloges.ca/
open this website go 2 our team section there is 1 lady name mehreen i have meet her she is very cooperative lady...

best of luck..

jackpatel

Aug 13, 2010
Thanks again bro ... but have heard that canadian lawyers are very very expensive... anyway I am going to try ....
thanks again