+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSE / FAMILY CLASS timeline MANILA Visa Office PHILIPPINES

ianpogi

Apr 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeans22 said:
Hi again, guys. With regards to the photo requirements for the Medical sa Nationwide sa Makati, first I read 5 photos po ang kelangan, right? And then sa isang guide na nakita ko, applicants from the Philippines kelangan daw magdala ng extra 2 photos pa plus a negative of that photo. Is this true? So that'll be 7 photos plus a negative. Please clarify po and thank you very much!!
When we did our medical at Nationwide Health System they only ask for 3 photos. Though the "negative" is stated in the instructions, it is ok if you cannot provide one, it is understood that it's a digital photo.

jeans22

Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much for the info, cezvi and ianpogi! Your input is very much appreciated! I'll be posting my timeline here soon enough. Good luck sa ating lahat! :)

jeans22

Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Next question, and probably not the last. :) with regards to photos, i'm preparing photos at the moment and we have a lot of photos of us kissing. Now is a kissing photo too much for the IO? Or did you guys send kissing photos as well?? And also, how many photos did you actually send? As of right now, I have about 70 photos to print out. Too much? We take a lot of pictures. :D

Thank you very much for the feedback. :)

loreyn84

Nov 18, 2009
Pasig City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kissyaman said:
paano dumating yun letter at kanino? sa canada o sa pinas?

at DM na ba? as in may visa na?
Congratulation kissayaman..... mine...ito they asked me to come up with the nbi clearance again, and nbi explanation about my nbi...kasi and remarks sa akin eh "NO CRIMINAL RECORD" i need to produce it within 45 days otherwise they will cancel our application...super stress na ako...hindi ko alam kung anong klaseng explanation ang dapat kong gawin....ito wait ko pa ang nbi clearance ko sa july 06...sana yon na lang ang last na requirements ang hingiin nila sa akin....

anyways....again, CONGRATULATIONS...your long waiting comes to an end....

I am happy for you...

Loreyn84

Jhen1120

Jun 18, 2010
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2010
Med's Done....
22-12-2009
Passport Req..
18-03-2010
Hello Loreyn,

So the embassy contacted you to ask for the NBI again? is it the second time they ask for the NBI? hope to receive your DM soon.. just make sure to produce all the things that they're asking and submit it on time.

I know we have the same timeline also, I will pray for you to get your DM soon. I get my DM also like kissyaman yesterday, So I'm very happy.

I will pray for you those who haven't get the visa yet. Please have patience and keep on believing. Your visa will come soon!!

God bless us all!

jeans22

Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ito they asked me to come up with the nbi clearance again, and nbi explanation about my nbi...kasi and remarks sa akin eh "NO CRIMINAL RECORD"
Has anybody else experienced this? My NBI record also states "No Criminal Record". How can you explain this? This is quite confusing.

I wish you all the best loreyn and hope you get this NBI problem sorted out soon. And most importantly I hope you get your DM and visa soon!!! :)

ktong

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeans22 said:
Has anybody else experienced this? My NBI record also states "No Criminal Record". How can you explain this? This is quite confusing.

I wish you all the best loreyn and hope you get this NBI problem sorted out soon. And most importantly I hope you get your DM and visa soon!!! :)
@jeans22

On my husband's NBI clearance, it says "NO RECORD ON FILE." I would think that "NO CRIMINAL RECORD" is the same, stating that you don't have any record of doing any criminal acts. :)

jeans22

Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ktong

Ay oo nga! :) Actually, mine says "No Derogatory Record". I guess they're all one and the same. So did they ask for an explanation from your husband with regards to this?

Also, does anybody know the approval/refusal statistics here in the Manila Embassy?

Thanks!

missmyhoney

Star Member
May 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-10
AOR Received.
15-07-10
File Transfer...
06-07-10
Med's Done....
15-04-2010
Passport Req..
15-07-10
sorry to add to the confusion on nbi remarks, but i got this info from the US visa requirements regarding NBI.

NBI CLEARANCE: Applicants aged 16 years and older must have a valid Record Clearance for Travel Abroad Purposes from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). Clearances should be in the applicant's current name, birth certificate name, maiden name, married name, and any aliases or nicknames ever used, including different spellings of all names ever used. An official letter of explanation from the NBI is required for any notation of “No criminal record”, "No pending criminal case” or “With derogatory record.” For immigration purposes, an NBI clearance is considered valid only for one year from the date it is issued.

am not an expert on this and it would be great to hear from the seniors.
hopefully, an explanation letter of not commiting any crime would be sufficient. here's the link that might give u an idea and help u prepare

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t39358.0.html

jeans22

Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hmm... I guess there is a difference between "No Criminal Record" and "No Derogatory Record"? And yes it would really be a great to hear form the seniors about this.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
jeans22 said:
Hmm... I guess there is a difference between "No Criminal Record" and "No Derogatory Record"? And yes it would really be a great to hear form the seniors about this.
"No record on file" - initial NBI clearance
"No derogatory Record" - succeeding request/renewal
"No criminal record" - a case was filed and case was either dismissed or applicant won the case. This one needs an explanation from NBI but I read somewhere that NBI wants a request coming from Canadian Embassy Manila

jeans22

Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much, job_seeker!!! You sure put some clarity into this topic!

missmyhoney

Star Member
May 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-10
AOR Received.
15-07-10
File Transfer...
06-07-10
Med's Done....
15-04-2010
Passport Req..
15-07-10
i have a query in line with the nbi requirement, my son who is an accompanying dependent turned 18 on the day the sponsorship was approved. the guide's instruction states that:

Police certificates or clearances from each country other than Canada in which you and every one in your family aged 18 years or over have resided six months or more since reaching 18 years of age. You must attach the original police document(s).

am i supposed to send his nbi, along with the requirements for an 18 year old (i.e. additional family history, background sched)? we did not include them on the initial submission thinking he's not 18 yet on the day cpc-m received our application.

jeans22

Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missmyhoney said:
i have a query in line with the nbi requirement, my son who is an accompanying dependent turned 18 on the day the sponsorship was approved. the guide's instruction states that:

Police certificates or clearances from each country other than Canada in which you and every one in your family aged 18 years or over have resided six months or more since reaching 18 years of age. You must attach the original police document(s).

am i supposed to send his nbi, along with the requirements for an 18 year old (i.e. additional family history, background sched)? we did not include them on the initial submission thinking he's not 18 yet on the day cpc-m received our application.
Thats' a good question, missmyhoney. Maybe you should post a new topic for this. Hopefully one of the seniors can help you out. :)

ktong

May 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@jeans22

They didn't ask for anything further for that. That was his 2nd NBI clearance application though. His first one was for PRC, and it stated the same thing "No Record on File."