10-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-01-2011
Passport Req..
10-24-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-16-2012
Hi leon,

Another question is it ok if the application is in process in the canadian embassy in philippines, and the spouse is working in singapore but he can go back anytime if required to.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ischie said:
Hi leon,

Another question is it ok if the application is in process in the canadian embassy in philippines, and the spouse is working in singapore but he can go back anytime if required to.
Yes, that's fine.

HopefulWaiting

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2011
File Transfer...
03-03-2011
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2011
Hi guys......hope u do not mind me posting here.......as I need some experienced advice or suggestions.

My wife scanned the Confirmation Of Permanent Residence form and sent it to me. I noticed an error in the form. Under the category, "Full Name, Address and Relationship Of Person Willing To Assist" the address is incorrect (i.e. sponsor address). I was wondering if anyone had encountered such a problem? They have my old address from 10 yearso ago. I have no clue where they got this address because nowhere in my form had I put this address. I am worried that this will cause a problem at landing or receiving my wife's permanent residence card in the near future. What would you advise? Thank you in advance.

My wife sent them a CSE yesterday, outlining the out of date address. However, we had purchased a ticket for June 6, 2011 and my fear is that we will not heard back from ND by that time. Even if we do, they may request we send the COPR back so they can issue a new one with my correct address. Not sure whether I should try to cancel the ticket or leave it and hope they reply back and say it can be fixed at the Point of Entry.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HopefulWaiting said:
Hi guys......hope u do not mind me posting here.......as I need some experienced advice or suggestions.

My wife scanned the Confirmation Of Permanent Residence form and sent it to me. I noticed an error in the form. Under the category, "Full Name, Address and Relationship Of Person Willing To Assist" the address is incorrect (i.e. sponsor address). I was wondering if anyone had encountered such a problem? They have my old address from 10 yearso ago. I have no clue where they got this address because nowhere in my form had I put this address. I am worried that this will cause a problem at landing or receiving my wife's permanent residence card in the near future. What would you advise? Thank you in advance.

My wife sent them a CSE yesterday, outlining the out of date address. However, we had purchased a ticket for June 6, 2011 and my fear is that we will not heard back from ND by that time. Even if we do, they may request we send the COPR back so they can issue a new one with my correct address. Not sure whether I should try to cancel the ticket or leave it and hope they reply back and say it can be fixed at the Point of Entry.
Don't cancel. Do you have a copy of your sponsorship approval letter with the correct address? Give your spouse a copy of that to take with them when they land to show the CBSA officer if they are questioned about the address when landing. And I'm assuming you will be at the airport to meet your spouse when they land so they can also tell the CBSA officer that you are there waiting for them. It's just an administrative error that shouldn't cause you too much concern. It's not like they spelled a name incorrectly on the VISA.

kaymun

May 26, 2011
Hi Everyone. I see a lot of great feedback amidst the hundreds of questions being sent. I am a Canadian PR and just landed in Toronto. I will be marrying my girlfriend of two years in Toronto once she arrives this fall to start her graduate studies. I will be applying for her inland PR right after we get married. Will it raise concerns/queries if we get married in Toronto instead of back home? Will she get to keep her student visa status once we get married and she applies for inland PR? Many thanks!

dakonej

May 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
It is better if you write a bit more about what your plans are when you arrive. Where you will live, what kind of work you will do. Are you actively looking for work now or shopping around? You can print that out for them. Letters from friends and relatives who know of your plans to move to Canada may also help. If you have relatives you can stay with while you look for housing, getting a letter in that effect would also help.
Excellent advise. Thanks Leon!! ;)

KMAEP

Mar 20, 2011
brampton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JANUARY 4, 2011
Med's Done....
DECEMBER 9, 2010
Interview........
JUNE 28, 2011
Passport Req..
FEBRUARY 28, 2011
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 11, 2011
what if you are consistent with your answer during interview..
and you know your relationship is genuine
but you cant show them enough proof???
will it affect the approval of your visa??

and will it make any difference if the sponsor ( my husband ) is with me during the interview???

thnx

ethofmeyr

May 31, 2011
Hi

I have a quick question .. I am visiting Canada from Namibia to marry my fiancee after which we will be applying for Spousal Sponsorship and OWP together. We are going to do it Outland. What I need to know is do I have to travel back to Namibia (actually South Africa, Pretoria in my case) in order to make my Outland Application or would I be able to do it from the United States (in which case I would need to apply for a visitor's visa)?

Et

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ethofmeyr said:
Hi

I have a quick question .. I am visiting Canada from Namibia to marry my fiancee after which we will be applying for Spousal Sponsorship and OWP together. We are going to do it Outland. What I need to know is do I have to travel back to Namibia (actually South Africa, Pretoria in my case) in order to make my Outland Application or would I be able to do it from the United States (in which case I would need to apply for a visitor's visa)?

Et
If you are applying via the Overseas route, you can't apply for an OWP. You can start the application from Canada. All OL applications go to Mississauga in Canada and are then transfered to the Overseas visa office to process. You would have to go back to Namibia for an interview if one is requested.

ethofmeyr

May 31, 2011
rjessome said:
If you are applying via the Overseas route, you can't apply for an OWP. You can start the application from Canada. All OL applications go to Mississauga in Canada and are then transfered to the Overseas visa office to process. You would have to go back to Namibia for an interview if one is requested.
Thanks. At what point would I be able to apply for the OWP then .. only once I've been awarded my PR or would be able to apply for an OWP once my wife was approved as a sponsor? (After stage 1) And would I have implied status as a visitor?

Et

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ethofmeyr said:
Thanks. At what point would I be able to apply for the OWP then .. only once I've been awarded my PR? And would I have implied status as a visitor?

Et
Once you are a PR you don't need an OWP. You can work for whomever and wherever you want in Canada as a PR. Your status as a visitor is separate from your PR application. You must apply to extend it. An Outland application does not extend your status in Canada while it is processing. It is a separate application.

ethofmeyr

May 31, 2011
rjessome said:
Once you are a PR you don't need an OWP. You can work for whomever and wherever you want in Canada as a PR. Your status as a visitor is separate from your PR application. You must apply to extend it. An Outland application does not extend your status in Canada while it is processing. It is a separate application.
Thank you rjessome

By what I understand I either have the option of staying in Canada for 8-9 months while the first stage is processed without a work permit (Inland) or applying outland, coming back after my visitor visa expires and coming back to Canada only when I have PR (which the website states 18 months for my country!)

I would appreciate advice in this regard. I'm also concerned about being investigated as our marriage is happening not long after a divorce from her side.

Is this right?
Thank you so much
Et

ECdeV

May 31, 2011
Hi All,

Thanks Leon for the initial post! That cut through alot of the confusion for me, as reading other people's replies, I can see many feel the same way :) Bravo!

So I have a question and would love advice. I am an Australian/EU citizen (I have both passports), living in Montreal on an Australian working holiday visa that expires April 2012 (but I think I can renew it for another two years, as I will still be under 31 years of age by then). The visa is great in the sense I can work here, however I can't access the government french lessons or medicare (which I am told can differ from province to Province). I speak very little French, which anyone who has tried to get work here will know, this basically makes you an unattractive employee, no matter your qualifications. And private lessons are not cheap......

Back in January this year I submitted an inland application to the federal government to be sponsored for PR by my (then) fiance, who I subsequently married a couple of weeks ago here in Montreal (he is a citizen of Quebec). According to the immigration websites it will take about 18-20 months in total for me to become a PR. So far I have heard nothing from the office (which I am told is to be expected at this stage). It was after we submitted the application that I worked out we could have submitted as an outland application, and it would have taken 6-8 months......grrrrrrr. Frustrating! What I want is access to medicare particularly-ironically if I have a bad accident I have travel insurance to cover me, but if I want to get a simple check up, or if we get pregnant, travel insurance won't help.

So I come to my question (PS sorry about the whinging in the previous paragraph). I am thinking of withdrawing my inland application (which has about 14months to go until PR on it), losing the $75 non-refundable admin fee, and resubmitting as an outland application (to Mississauga office), to speed up the process............has anyone had experience with this? Is it worth it? are the wait times advertised on the websites real (or perhaps an overestimation of the time it takes, so I am better sticking with the application I already have in?). RE: medicare, does anyone know if an EU passport holder (I was born in England), can access healthcare based on the Quebec reciprocal agreements, or is that country specific only?

Any advice/ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thankyou in advance for your thoughts

Elizabeth

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ECdeV said:
What I want is access to medicare particularly-ironically if I have a bad accident I have travel insurance to cover me, but if I want to get a simple check up, or if we get pregnant, travel insurance won't help.
With inland, you can in most cases get your health insurance once you get your first stage approval (ask your provincial health care about that). First stage approval takes about 9-10 months after you applied. Since you have already waited 4 months, cancelling the inland to apply outland which might take 6-8 months might not actually get you health insurance any faster.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ethofmeyr said:
Thank you rjessome

By what I understand I either have the option of staying in Canada for 8-9 months while the first stage is processed without a work permit (Inland) or applying outland, coming back after my visitor visa expires and coming back to Canada only when I have PR (which the website states 18 months for my country!)

I would appreciate advice in this regard. I'm also concerned about being investigated as our marriage is happening not long after a divorce from her side.

Is this right?
Thank you so much
Et
That's correct. You only qualify for an open work permit if you apply inland (once the first stage of processing has been successfully completed - currently 9/10 months). There is no OWP when you apply outland. Instead (as rjessome explained), you qualify to work in Canada once you have been approved as a PR and have landed.

Hope this helps.