Mar 11, 2016
Passport Req..
Apr07,2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar31,2017
LANDED..........
May 05,2017
Hi,
I have submitted my spousal sponsorship PR application as paper application to Sydney office and it has been received. Now I realized that it requires a hand signature on IMM 5669 and I afraid if my application will be returned after 2-3 months. Is there a way I can send the IMM 5669 alone again to CP center Sydney. Is it advisable. Or should I wait until my application is returned. Please advise.
Call them and try to get the prospective/ temp. file no. I had the same issue, I tried my luck by sending the hand signed forum online by web form it was accepted when sending the web form put each and every detail in the box like: Sponsor & Applicant name, date of birth,passport no. UCI no. application sent to office, Application received date, your mailing address, email,& phone no.. if you or sponsor was the representative mention that as well that you are representative and you have sent the representative form. try to get the application no. by calling them saying you havn't received any update is there anything Prospective no. you can give me.

priya1703

Dec 18, 2018
The issue I think is that when they see your application is "incomplete" they won't open you a file I believe, so if you send the form, there won't be a file for them to add it to. Maybe you can call them now and ask them about it.
thank you @shalenabennie . I am calling CIC. But I do not have an application number. Not sure which option to chose after selecting 1 - for checking application status. By any chance do yo know what is the alphabetical to chose to speak to an agent for family sponsor (spouse) applicaiton.

priya1703

Dec 18, 2018
Call them and try to get the prospective/ temp. file no. I had the same issue, I tried my luck by sending the hand signed forum online by web form it was accepted when sending the web form put each and every detail in the box like: Sponsor & Applicant name, date of birth,passport no. UCI no. application sent to office, Application received date, your mailing address, email,& phone no.. if you or sponsor was the representative mention that as well that you are representative and you have sent the representative form. try to get the application no. by calling them saying you havn't received any update is there anything Prospective no. you can give me.
Thank you Kaur. I see a positive reply :)
I am calling CIC to get the temp file number. Thanks a lot :)

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
thank you @shalenabennie . I am calling CIC. But I do not have an application number. Not sure which option to chose after selecting 1 - for checking application status. By any chance do yo know what is the alphabetical to chose to speak to an agent for family sponsor (spouse) applicaiton.
It's F (for Family sponsorship)

If you hit 1 for application status you'll need to enter the file number, Which you don't have.

So I'm not exactly sure how it happened, but one day I called, hit the wrong number tried going back by continuing to press * and it then it said "we didn't understand your selection transferring you to an agent" lol try this.

Or try a different option until you get through to an agent

Last edited:

Jotsran

Nov 28, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
nvdo
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-11-2018
File Transfer...
27-11-2018
Med's Request
06-11-2018
Med's Done....
12-11-2018
You don't understand her problem. She recently sent in her application They haven't got it yet. Webform is for applicants with an open file. If she uploads it, they will have no open file to add to it, do you understand?
She can still send webform and explain the whole situation. I was waiting for aor1for more than 4months. I sent a webform without any application number, but i put receipt number instead. They replied me back and sent aor1 next day

Jotsran

Nov 28, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
nvdo
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-11-2018
File Transfer...
27-11-2018
Med's Request
06-11-2018
Med's Done....
12-11-2018
Hi,
I have submitted my spousal sponsorship PR application as paper application to Sydney office and it has been received. Now I realized that it requires a hand signature on IMM 5669 and I afraid if my application will be returned after 2-3 months. Is there a way I can send the IMM 5669 alone again to CP center Sydney. Is it advisable. Or should I wait until my application is returned. Please advise.
When did you submit the application? They already received it or not?

hassaan_anwar

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-07-2017
I have another question regarding financial support for sponsoring wife. I recently spoke to a immigration lawyer and he said that you need CAD5k in our bank account to sponsor your wife however that is something i dont see anywhere in the govt website.

Can you guys tell me if there is a minimum balance required for sponsoring your wife ? I dont have much in my account and shall be applying for spousal sponsorship in 5 months or so and i dont see myself saving anything extra due to certain responsibilities.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I have another question regarding financial support for sponsoring wife. I recently spoke to a immigration lawyer and he said that you need CAD5k in our bank account to sponsor your wife however that is something i dont see anywhere in the govt website.

Can you guys tell me if there is a minimum balance required for sponsoring your wife ? I dont have much in my account and shall be applying for spousal sponsorship in 5 months or so and i dont see myself saving anything extra due to certain responsibilities.
Yet another lawyer giving out bad advice, unfortunately. There is no minimum income requirement to sponsor, but you must be able to demonstrate you can support your spouse here.

Reactions: hassaan_anwar

hassaan_anwar

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-07-2017
Yet another lawyer giving out bad advice, unfortunately. There is no minimum income requirement to sponsor, but you must be able to demonstrate you can support your spouse here.
How does one show that ? i am currently working on a contract job which has great potential to be permanent. That should be good right ?

MihaiS

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
Can anyone help with a phone number for them. I had the same issue, done the form, been contacted by email but That's all. If it works to give them a call might try it

Jotsran

Nov 28, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
nvdo
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-11-2018
File Transfer...
27-11-2018
Med's Request
06-11-2018
Med's Done....
12-11-2018
Can anyone help with a phone number for them. I had the same issue, done the form, been contacted by email but That's all. If it works to give them a call might try it
1-888-242-2100

priya1703

Dec 18, 2018
Send them a web form and explain situation there. Also attach completed form with signature there. No issues.
The webform is asking either application number or UC ID. i do not have those things with me in my case. Tried calling - but as soon as I press 0 to speak to an agent, it disconnects. :(