canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Friends,
I read the first page of this thread and kudos to the information that Leon has shared, however, please excuse me I have not read the 2035 pages in between and come straight to this one so if my questions are repetitive or already answered before kindly reply them again.

1. Applying for spouse sponsorship is a paper application or online like Express Entry? How does one start to apply and what's the process?
2. I plan to only do register marriage back in India and then come back to Canada and file sponsorship. Is a marriage certificate proof enough or actual ceremony is a requirement?
3. As mentioned by Leon in his first post - I can provide pictures, whatsapp chat logs etc to prove the genuineness of the relationship, however, supplying any wedding ceremony pics will not be possible. Will this cause a problem?

Any response from experience or knowledge will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
1. Paper app. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

2. A court marriage for people from India can be a red flag. IRCC looks for people to follow cultural norms, which for India, is the flashy wedding.

3. Yes, that's a problem. Even if you do a court marriage, you need to have family there, celebrate, take pictures.

Parneet17

Dec 18, 2018
Hi Everyone,
Hope all are doing good. I was looking at the form 5406. Do both me (sponsor)and my husband(PA) have to fill it out?
Also for UCI and Application No, do we leave it blank or write N/A
Thanks and Happy New Year

arsalmano

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Tell your friends they have no idea what they are talking about and to do some research before telling people wrong stuff.

She has not overstayed and has valid Implied Status. There is never a guarantee of re-entry, so leaving when there is zero need to leave is not smart.

AOR has nothing to do with Implied Status and the visitor extension has nothing to do with the PR app.

You are worrying for no reason.
Thank you so much for clarifying. Anxiously waiting to hear something back now. When my application is accepted, I would get an email or a letter what we call AOR?

Dorina D

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront,submitted on 23-03-2017
they will notify you when there will be any changes in your application i.e. transfer email, medical request etc.:) please keep checking gc key, emails of both pa and sponsor's as well
Thank you, will they notify me when I should send the file to Quebec to obtain Quebec certificate?

Jotsran

Nov 28, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
nvdo
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-11-2018
File Transfer...
27-11-2018
Med's Request
06-11-2018
Med's Done....
12-11-2018
I have a consultant too. If I send a web form myself the consultant will be notified?? Or does it have to be via consultant?
No i sent a webform by myself

Shivaliwalia

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Hi guys. I got married recently. Me n my husband r from diff countries n religions. N our parents were not ready to accept our relationship. My close friends know n my sister as well but our other family members do not know yet that we have got married.
So what shall i answer for do your close friends , family know about your relationship? Because not every one knows but its not that no one knows..
N for the next question we had a civil marriage and formal ceremonies but we went for honeymoon which has been mentioned under ceremonies or events..

Stubborn

Dec 6, 2018
Hi Leon
In the schedule a background declaration form there's a question about have you ever had a serious disease or physically or mental disorder
Many years ago I had substance use disorder and was on amitriptyline 10mg however many years ago I quit drugs and am no longer on amitriptyline 10mg
Should I answer no to that question?

munjindergill

Dec 20, 2018
What if you have a child and you are a Canadian citizen while outside Canada, and you get married and do a spousal application oveseas and don't include the child prior, however it comes to there attention you do have a child but in full custody of the other parent?

Stubborn

Dec 6, 2018
What if you have a child and you are a Canadian citizen while outside Canada, and you get married and do a spousal application oveseas and don't include the child prior, however it comes to there attention you do have a child but in full custody of the other parent?
If you as a Canadian citizen has a child outside Canada the child is automatically a citizen of Canada by decent you just need to apply for a passport at THE consulate and will notify immigration of your child but do.Not need.to apply for status for the child as the.child is already Canadian by decent

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
if son from girlfriend in Pakistan while working there, but I'm canadian citizen, and now married someone else in Pakistan and submitted spousal sponsorship, and also didn't mention about son in application will be there any issues.
Misrepresentation. There is no good reason to hide the existence of this child. I'm guessing it proves you cheated on your wife and casts doubt on the genuineness of your relationship or you are trying to hide the child from your wife.

Question12

Dec 29, 2018
Hi everyone ,I got married in November and am wondering if I should change out all my documents to my husband last name for my application