Spousal sponsorship

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Hi,

I would like to ask for your help.

My husband (who is a Canadian citizen) submitted spouse visa on dated Oct 24, 2018 but still no response from cic What we can do? How long it will take time?
Spouse application take around 12 months. You'll get something called aor soon. It's a letter acknowledging your application and letting you know what's next

Happy_mjr

Star Member
May 6, 2018
Hi,

I would like to ask for your help.

My husband (who is a Canadian citizen) submitted spouse visa on dated Oct 24, 2018 but still no response from cic What we can do? How long it will take time?
Hi! Our application was received for Spouse sponsorship on Sept. 27, 2018, and I just got the AOR yesterday Dec. 19th. So you are looking into few more weeks to get yours. Good luck

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
Yes, she would need to maintain her visitor status.

Medical coverage and drivers license depends on the province. She won't get a SIN or be able to work until the PR app is approved.
I live in province of British Columbia. Are you aware how these would work in BC

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018

hassaan_anwar

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-07-2017
guys, is there any guideline/thread with detailed steps on how to go about applying for the the spousal sponsorship ? I tried looking in the forum but couldn't find anything. Apologies for the inconvenience.

smomen

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Hi all,
I found the instructions on sending application is bit confusing. In the check list, it says if your spouse is living outside of Canada (which is my case), send the application package to CPC Mississauga. On the other hand, in the application guide, it says,

"Application for spouses, common-law partners or conjugal partners currently living outside Canada and all dependent child sponsorships:
Case Processing Centre - Sydney
P.O. Box 9500
Sydney, NS
B1P 0H5

Note: Choose this option if your spouse or common-law partner is living in Canada with you, but doesn’t plan to stay in Canada while the application is being processed."

Can anyone please help? My spouse lives outside of Canada and never been to here as well. Where should I send her application to?
Thanks so much.

Kaur Gurpreet

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS transfer to New Delhi may 11,2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2015
Doc's Request.
Mar 02, 2016
Nomination.....
24-04-2015
AOR Received.
20-08-2015
IELTS Request
Attached
File Transfer...
May 11, 2016
Med's Request
March 3, 2016
Med's Done....
Mar 11, 2016
Passport Req..
Apr07,2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar31,2017
LANDED..........
May 05,2017
Hi all,
I found the instructions on sending application is bit confusing. In the check list, it says if your spouse is living outside of Canada (which is my case), send the application package to CPC Mississauga. On the other hand, in the application guide, it says,

"Application for spouses, common-law partners or conjugal partners currently living outside Canada and all dependent child sponsorships:
P.O. Box 9500
Sydney, NS
B1P 0H5

Note: Choose this option if your spouse or common-law partner is living in Canada with you, but doesn’t plan to stay in Canada while the application is being processed."

Can anyone please help? My spouse lives outside of Canada and never been to here as well. Where should I send her application to?
Thanks so much.
You will need to send your application to Sydney at the address you mentioned.

Happy_mjr

Star Member
May 6, 2018
Hi all,

P.O. Box 9500
Sydney, NS
B1P 0H5

Thanks so much.
Yes, this is the correct address for the outland sponsorship (if you send your application via regular mail).
However, if you want to send it via courier service like dhl/fedex/xpresspost, here’s the address for it:
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 5Z2

smomen

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Yes, this is the correct address for the outland sponsorship (if you send your application via regular mail).
However, if you want to send it via courier service like dhl/fedex/xpresspost, here’s the address for it:
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 5Z2
Hi Happy_mjr,

But you see in the note it says if you spouse is living in Canada. My spouse lives outside of Canada. Is it still the same address?

Thanks so much for you reply. :)

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Hi Happy_mjr,

But you see in the note it says if you spouse is living in Canada. My spouse lives outside of Canada. Is it still the same address?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html#submit

It specifically says:

Application for spouses, common-law partners or conjugal partners currently living outside Canada and all dependent child sponsorships:
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

Note: Choose this option if your spouse or common-law partner is living in Canada with you, but doesn’t plan to stay in Canada while the application is being processed.

This is the address for outland and applicants who are currently in Canada but will leave during the processing. This is if you're using a courier.

---------

If you're not using a courier, then this is the outland address:

Application for spouses, common-law partners or conjugal partners currently living outside Canada and all dependent child sponsorships:
P.O. Box 9500
Sydney, NS
B1P 0H5

Note: Choose this option if your spouse or common-law partner is living in Canada with you, but doesn’t plan to stay in Canada while the application is being processed.

---------

Read what it says in the title of each: living outside Canada. The note is just an additional note for applicants who are in Canada right now, but won't stay during the processing, so they will also be outside of Canada.

Happy_mjr

Star Member
May 6, 2018
Hi Happy_mjr,

Yes, this is ALSO the address for those spouses “living in Canada, but doesnt plan to stay in Canada while the application is in process”

Both situations: one mentioned above and the outland sponsorship, which is your case, should be sent in this address.

Haussem Hoo

Mar 28, 2016
They going to ask tons of questions about your relationship.

Processing time for spouse sponsorship is around 12 months. They will send request for medical around 6 months in.
wooow now i really began to be scared hhhhhh.....can u please give me any idea or have u been there before ?