Jul 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
June 28 2017
AOR Received.
August 3 2017
Hello all. I just joined the forum. Some great information here. I am applying for my spouse to get permanent resident status and an Open Work Permit. I am sponsoring her. We are applying in Canada Our application arrived five weeks ago today at CIC's Mississauga office. We have heard nothing so far.

How long does it take to receive the initial confirmation that the application is in order? Does any one have a sense of how long it will take to get the temporary Open Work Permit? Any help would be very much appreciated.
Hi I sent inland common law application in on June 28. AOR on Aug 3. Request for schedule A same day and submitted within 5 days after linking account as per email. Still waiting on OWP which was sent at same time. Hoping it's less than the stated 4 month timeframe. Good luck!

Reactions: mrbaker1917

nakjiking

Aug 14, 2017
hi everyone
1.me and my husband paid fee with my husband's cic account. but when we get application number, can we use my account to link? or does it have to be same account???
2. if we have to link with my husbands account since we paid with that account , should we submit "use of representative " form??

please reply
thanks in advance

mrbaker1917

Aug 14, 2017
Hi I sent inland common law application in on June 28. AOR on Aug 3. Request for schedule A same day and submitted within 5 days after linking account as per email. Still waiting on OWP which was sent at same time. Hoping it's less than the stated 4 month timeframe. Good luck!
Thank, JCwells! I am sorry, but I do not know what AOR stands for. Could you please tell me? Thanks, Mark

Reactions: Jcwells

Avicon2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
Hi! I understand that nowadays, it takes one week (upon AOR) before the sponsor gets a status "decision made" on ecas, I am wondering my sponsor status is still in process. I got my AOR last august 4. Is there a chance that when 'in process' is taking long, the sponsor might be ineligible? My husband has a criminal record 10 yrs ago (possession of illegal substance). And he got his ex gf pregnant almost 3 yrs ago. Do you think thats the reason of the delay?

Den den

Apr 5, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
VANCOUVER
App. Filed.......
10-07-2017
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
Med's Request
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
09-04-2017
Did you get the extension?
Am sorry. Still learning how to use the site.

Yes I did got my extension approved.

Thank you

Den den

Apr 5, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
VANCOUVER
App. Filed.......
10-07-2017
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
Med's Request
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
09-04-2017
Tha
If you applied for the open work permit while you had valid status you are fine, you are under implied status until they send you the decision on the work permit,
Okay.

Thanks

Den den

Apr 5, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
VANCOUVER
App. Filed.......
10-07-2017
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
Med's Request
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
09-04-2017
I got my AOR today. so happy.

App submitted July 10
AOR August 14

Thanks to everyone in this forum. I really appreciate this community.

I tired linking my application using the most common method using application number and family.

IT Does NOT WORK For Me.

Is (2 or 3 the number of persons in app) my husband is sponsoring me and my son.

Is family name the PA's family name or the sponsor family name?

Please help

Zuky

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-07-2017
Med's Request
12-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
??
Hi-
Quick question! I will be sponsoring my USA-citizen fiance after the wedding in early 2018, but we're starting on the application now, so we can just send it off once we're wed and he's moved here.

When they ask you to claim all your relatives, he has a MILLION brothers and sisters due to his father being married a bunch of times. Absolutely no one in his family has any intention of moving here, and we certainly don't plan on ever sponsoring anyone. But I see it says that all family members must be claimed and go through medical checks and such, or he can be denied entry into Canada...which is concerning.

So, do we just not claim anyone even though he does have a family? Or are we only supposed to claim people who may be coming here...which in our case is no one.

I mean, it seems like it's intended to screen for folks we may end up sponsoring. But then they threaten not allowing him into the country if he fails to claim someone.

I'm a bit confused. Clarification would be great - thanks!
"Family members" is defined for spousal sponsorship purposes as:
"An applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application to CIC. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children." http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp#f

There may be forms that refer specifically to siblings or something, in which case you should follow the instructions on the forms. Any mention of "family members" without specification would refer to the definition above.

mrbaker1917

Aug 14, 2017

App submitted July 10
AOR August 14

I tired linking my application using the most common method using application number and family.

IT Does NOT WORK For Me.

Is (2 or 3 the number of persons in app) my husband is sponsoring me and my son.

Please help
My spouse is having the same problem. We submitted on 10 July and got the AOR last evening. But my spouse cannot get the link to work. We had the same question about who to include in the number of people applying. Our kids are Canadian citizens, as am I, so we are only applying for her permanent residence. Each time she enters the info to link the accounts, we get an error that some information is not exactly as in the application. We do not think this is the case. Any help would be much appreciated.

ivyting0124

Jul 5, 2017
British Columbia
Usually it take up to a month or a month and a half before u can finally get the aor, usually the sponsor receives the email 1st but keep checking both of your emails including your junk mail. U still have a few weeks of waiting to do or at least by next week u should receive some news seeing that earlyJuly applicants have already began receiving their aor. Mines is the 17th of July so we are in the same time frame. We have a what's app group chat where we share our experiences and give each other information and help if u wish u can join us it's really nice and helps us get our mind of the waiting time
Hi I sent in my pr application in on the 14 July 2017 as well. Wonder i I can join the whatsapp group chat to share and give information while waiting?

nilesh.kamani

May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
First 1-MAY-2014.. Rejected.. Second 6-JUN-2014
AOR Received.
06-OCT-2014
Med's Request
17-NOV-2014
Med's Done....
21-NOV-2014
Passport Req..
12-FEB-2015
My spouse is having the same problem. We submitted on 10 July and got the AOR last evening. But my spouse cannot get the link to work. We had the same question about who to include in the number of people applying. Our kids are Canadian citizens, as am I, so we are only applying for her permanent residence. Each time she enters the info to link the accounts, we get an error that some information is not exactly as in the application. We do not think this is the case. Any help would be much appreciated.
Put number of applicant as 2 in last section and try.

nilesh.kamani

May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
First 1-MAY-2014.. Rejected.. Second 6-JUN-2014
AOR Received.
06-OCT-2014
Med's Request
17-NOV-2014
Med's Done....
21-NOV-2014
Passport Req..
12-FEB-2015

App submitted July 10
AOR August 14

IT Does NOT WORK For Me.

Please help

Family name is PA's family name.
Please try 2 and 3 both.

Den den

Apr 5, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
VANCOUVER
App. Filed.......
10-07-2017
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
Med's Request
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
09-04-2017
Family name is PA's family name.
Please try 2 and 3 both.
I did try both.

Leave city of birth BLANK and Nothing.

Copy and paste City of Birth and Nothing.

Avicon2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
Hi, has anyone here taken too long to receive 'Decision Made' statud on ecas? Mine has been 11 days already and sponsor is still in process. Do they deny sponsor even if they have sent AoR 1 already?