17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
Hi there,

We are ready to send our application but I am just confused with the Checklist Q.4 - Class of Application.

I am a Perm. Resident living in canada and my spouse is living outside Canada (NDVO). So our application comes under 'I am living outside Canada, and I am applying under Family Class' correct i.e. option #2?

If my spouse wants to visit me later (around fall) will that be an issue, we want to apply outland.

Thanks!

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
1. I was engaged in 2015. Engagement is not legally documented as we all know. However, my marriage certificate will obviously be prepared once I get married after Canada landing. So, will CIC reject my application stating that since you were engaged before your landing, therefore we reject your app for spousal sponsorship?
2. After my marriage in December 2017, I will be permanently moving to Canada by March 2017 (I am currently working in Qatar) and she will be completing her degree in Pakistan. That means that I will not be living with my wife immediately after marriage. There is a question in the forms as to how many years you have spent together. Will CIC reject it right away stating that why didn’t you live together immediately?
3. Let’s suppose, due to any trivial issue, they reject my first application for spousal sponsorship; in that case I can re-apply or not? How many times can I re-apply considering that app was rejected due to trivial issue (not something very serious e.g. misrepresentation)
4. I was engaged since 2015. But I don’t have the call log because since then I have changed my cell phone twice. How can I overcome this problem? However, I have evidence of only a few conversations (SMS, facebook, viber etc.). Whats the best bet? Should I give whatever I have?
5. They want evidence that I achrome-extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5533E.pdfm taking care of her expenses. Once I resign from my current job to move to Canada, can I transfer her material amount once I get my End of Service payment and show it as evidence since in Canada I will first have to search job and start earning before I send her any money. Will this be acceptable?
6. I have searched a lot about Minimum Income required for Spouse Sponsor, but I couldn’t find any official figure. I have read the forums and got to know that in particular there is no ‘minimum income’ requirement as such but a person has to have well-to do job.Is this correct?
1. When you were applying for PR did you mention that you're currently in a Relationship or you're applied as a Single? If you indicated that you're single they may refuse your application under IRPR 117(9)(d).
2. If you are to sponsor her after the marriage, as a Spouse, you don't need to provide confirmation that you lived with your partner for at least 12 consecutive months. However, you may need to explain yourself why you both are living separately in the application form or in an additional explanation letter and attach it to the form.
3. Yes, you can reapply ---> Read here.
4. You have to follow the Document Checklist.

Provide the information that will satisfy both bullets.
5 & 6. If you're going to apply for Sponsorship before you got a job in Canada, you have to provide other documentation showing that you can support the person you are sponsoring. This must include a detailed explanation of how you plan to support yourself and the sponsored person on a separate piece of paper. This is literally taken from Document Checklist.

I hope it helps :)

carly_a

Aug 6, 2017
Just curious if anyone can help me.. so he CIC has received my application so now we are just waiting for them to start processing it. In the mean time we are getting police checks. Now do I as a sponsor have to get them done as well? I've been outside of Canada for 2 1/2 years. Also if anyone knows, my boyfriend is from Australia, do we need to get his fingerprints done as well? Any help with this matter would be amazing!

Llei

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Hi. Is it ok to ask for some suggestions? I have a problem with my docs . I thought the website can accept several docs so i submitted last night my sched A and police report . Now my son's sched A and police cert is still here with me and i dont know how i will submit it . Plshelp

RAJE

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Visa Office......
CIO-sydney
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
Doc's Request.
17-03-2016
Nomination.....
01-06-2015
AOR Received.
10-09-2015
Passport Req..
23 sept 2016
LANDED..........
22-10-2016
Hello everyone,
I received schedule A and pcc request yesterday. Now I completed sch A form and when I validate it, it does not produce any barcode pages but on the first page right hand side corner shows validated- yes in the box. It's updated form- June 2017. So does this form produce barcode pages upon validation or it just says validated??
I need to submit it tomorrow. So please help asap.
Thanks a lot!!

Jcwells

Jul 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
June 28 2017
AOR Received.
August 3 2017
It does not produce bar codes. Says validated and you save to computer and upload.

Aug 12, 2017
I am a canadian citezen sponsoring my wife from the philippines and we used an agent here. I've been approved to sponsor and she has done medical and police clearance so now I am just wondering what other people had to wait after getting this far? Thank you for any help

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
Is there an outland applicant whatsapp group to join? We just sent our package today. VO will be NDVO.

coffeewhiskey

Aug 7, 2016
Hi,

I have question about passport change during my application.
Recently I have passed my medical exam and waiting for email from CIC about passport request.
And i just realized my passport is still valid but without enough blank page.
Does anyone know if there will be a problem if I change my passport now ?
Do I need to send the updated copy of new passport to CIC to inform them before its process?

Thanks a lot :)

drei_pen

May 26, 2015
Hi Good Day! I don't know if I do have a the same situation with the previous post here. I am currently holding a student permit that was given to me May 2016 with a validity till August 2018, but I did not continue to go to school I have not even started even one semester due to budget issues. I decided to apply for a job that offers lmia or sinp I was able to get an employer who offers sinp but the application was denied. So I tried to apply for another employer and I found one and he is offering an LMIA. The LMIA application is still on going we have no result yet and I am currently on my 1 year and 2 months of holding a student permit. I have a girlfriend I dated for almost a year now and she is a permanent resident we are a little worried about the LMIA application cause it's almost 7 months already since we applied and no reply yet from the government. So we were thinking of getting married and apply for a spousal sponsorship but we don't know where to start. First of, am I allowed to apply for a pr if I am only holding a student permit but did not went to school for some reason? Second, if my pr application is accepted will I be able to apply for an open work permit while waiting for the result? Please help. Me and my girl are running out of time we don't wanna be on a long distance relationship anymore.

Speechless

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Hi All,

My pr application approved on July 2017. I have OWP application on process and I cancelled it. WQhenever I called CIC agent told they will not start OWP application until September 2017 because they have a big queue. They also mentioned I can get back my OWP fees if my PR approved before that. Now I able to cancel my OWP application and CIC agent sent me an email to mention they will return back my money.
What should I do now?
Thanks for the advise.

Aug 14, 2017
Hi-
Quick question! I will be sponsoring my USA-citizen fiance after the wedding in early 2018, but we're starting on the application now, so we can just send it off once we're wed and he's moved here.

When they ask you to claim all your relatives, he has a MILLION brothers and sisters due to his father being married a bunch of times. Absolutely no one in his family has any intention of moving here, and we certainly don't plan on ever sponsoring anyone. But I see it says that all family members must be claimed and go through medical checks and such, or he can be denied entry into Canada...which is concerning.

So, do we just not claim anyone even though he does have a family? Or are we only supposed to claim people who may be coming here...which in our case is no one.

I mean, it seems like it's intended to screen for folks we may end up sponsoring. But then they threaten not allowing him into the country if he fails to claim someone.

I'm a bit confused. Clarification would be great - thanks!

Aug 14, 2017
Here is what is says in the complete information booklet, and on the document itself it specifically states siblings, including half and step siblings. Does this just mean that if we don't declare, and then in some hypothetical future family members materialize that we try and sponsor, that THEN we would be at risk of him losing his status?

Important information: Declaring all family members

If you’re applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must declare all of your family members. There are no exceptions to this requirement.

In addition, all family members must be examined as part of the process of applying for permanent residence in Canada, even if they will not come to Canada with the principal applicant.

Family members who aren’t declared and examined are excluded from the family class, which means you can’t sponsor them at a later date. If a permanent resident doesn’t declare all their family members on their application, they could risk losing their permanent resident status.

mrbaker1917

Aug 14, 2017
Hello all. I just joined the forum. Some great information here. I am applying for my spouse to get permanent resident status and an Open Work Permit. I am sponsoring her. We are applying in Canada Our application arrived five weeks ago today at CIC's Mississauga office. We have heard nothing so far.

How long does it take to receive the initial confirmation that the application is in order? Does any one have a sense of how long it will take to get the temporary Open Work Permit? Any help would be very much appreciated.