+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Aug 8, 2017
Hi there,

I am Canadian and sponsoring my wife. My wife has just recieved a letter requesting PCC for her and all family members. Does this include me (the Sponsor).

Appreciate it!

abcjatt

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Hello Friends,

After medical is done, do we need to upload any form online ? and how do we know if the medical is received and passed ?

Thanks,

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Hello Friends,

After medical is done, do we need to upload any form online ? and how do we know if the medical is received and passed ?

Thanks,
When the medical is completed by the Panel Doctor they will email the results to immigration When immigration receives it that will show in your file in ecas

Reactions: sebishh

Shirley.mariano

Jul 3, 2017
Manila
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Med's Request
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
26-04-2017
It is still to early., We share the same time line and mine says same thing.
I just received med request a week ago. So nothing to worry about.

are you inland or outland? Most times outland is faster but its still a 12 month timeframe for processing.
Im outland- manila visa office

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 15, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on August 7, 2017.
  3. We sent you correspondence on March 30, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. Medical results have been received.
Whats the number 3 means???
I already sent my schedule a form tru webform and to mail. Why its still- we sent you correspondence....
My ecas shows- IN PROCESS...
It says on my gckey- THE DOCUMENTS YOU HAVE PROVIDED HAVE BEEN UPLOADED...
My sponsor received an email that my application was sent to manila visa office.

Whats next ????
What should I expect ???
How many month until they do backgroundcheck and make decision????
Please help :(

redhotgalego

Star Member
Aug 20, 2015
Hi!
Inland application, what´s up with the pictures? I thought you should include as many as possible and had a document of over 100 pages with over 200 pictures, each one explained individually. I was planning to send that with my application package but now I read there´s a limit of twenty. How did you guys deal with the pictures and how did you organize your application package? I couldn´t find much info regarding this in the CIC website.

Also, does anyone know how long it´s taking at the time after submitting the application to get the open work permit?

Thanks in advance!

sameer_mobin

Aug 17, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
01-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
16-Jan-2017
Med's Request
Upfront-Passed (3-Feb-2017)
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
Hi Senior Members,

I am from Pakistan. I have recently got COPR and planning to soft- land in Canada in September 2017. After that I am getting married (i.e. probably by December).

I have already started working on the case of spousal sponsorship so that once I get a job in Canada I can immediately apply for my spouse visa.

I have reviewed the forms and I have many queries that I am listing below. I will be thankful if experts can answer.

1. I was engaged in 2015. Engagement is not legally documented as we all know. However, my marriage certificate will obviously be prepared once I get married after Canada landing. So, will CIC reject my application stating that since you were engaged before your landing, therefore we reject your app for spousal sponsorship?

2. After my marriage in December 2017, I will be permanently moving to Canada by March 2017 (I am currently working in Qatar) and she will be completing her degree in Pakistan. That means that I will not be living with my wife immediately after marriage. There is a question in the forms as to how many years you have spent together. Will CIC reject it right away stating that why didn’t you live together immediately?

3. Let’s suppose, due to any trivial issue, they reject my first application for spousal sponsorship; in that case I can re-apply or not? How many times can I re-apply considering that app was rejected due to trivial issue (not something very serious e.g. misrepresentation)

4. I was engaged since 2015. But I don’t have the call log because since then I have changed my cell phone twice. How can I overcome this problem? However, I have evidence of only a few conversations (SMS, facebook, viber etc.). Whats the best bet? Should I give whatever I have?

5. They want evidence that I am taking care of her expenses. Once I resign from my current job to move to Canada, can I transfer her material amount once I get my End of Service payment and show it as evidence since in Canada I will first have to search job and start earning before I send her any money. Will this be acceptable?

6. I have searched a lot about Minimum Income required for Spouse Sponsor, but I couldn’t find any official figure. I have read the forums and got to know that in particular there is no ‘minimum income’ requirement as such but a person has to have well-to do job.Is this correct?

I will be thankful if experts can answer this. I am a bit concerned about the queries above.

ADTT

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
Hello Friends,

Thanks,
Just check your ecas or gckey account after 3 days or 1 weeks if there is any changes on your medical status

mikochouye

Mar 3, 2017
Is anyone know what's the average background check will take? Mine start at the beginning of June according to my mp. And it is average it take 3-4 months? Anyone know how long it usually take. Mp check it today which is two month now and said still in process.

Thanks

outflare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
i posted earlier aswell but did not get any response , so trying again

i am a permanent resident of canada , living in mississauga . I applied for sponsorship of wife through a representative in june 2017 . My wife is in pakistan . Recently she got her medical done which i have submitted along with marriage photographs which they asked for . I have not linked my account online due to representative restriction .

My question is . what happens next ?
how much average time after spouse gets medical done to get the PR ?
normally is there any other stage after medical ? like do they ask for anything else . please let me know

thankyou

Myrelnp

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
i posted earlier aswell but did not get any response , so trying again

i am a permanent resident of canada , living in mississauga . I applied for sponsorship of wife through a representative in june 2017 . My wife is in pakistan . Recently she got her medical done which i have submitted along with marriage photographs which they asked for . I have not linked my account online due to representative restriction .

My question is . what happens next ?
how much average time after spouse gets medical done to get the PR ?
normally is there any other stage after medical ? like do they ask for anything else . please let me know

thankyou
Hello, Based on what I have read on this forum, everyone's application is unique. Did you received the email that you're approved as Sponsor already? coz that's the first step, then they will send a request for Sched A and Police certificate. And since you submitted Medical affront, your rep can check it on the online acct.

Avani panchal

Aug 10, 2017
Hello friends,
I applied under Family class sponsorship spouse visa outside canada. I am applying from India.CIC received my application on 13th April , 2016. It was sent to delhi in june ,2016 saying that they started processing my application. On 7thSeptember 2016 i was asked for addictional documents, 21st feb 2017 I received medical request and completed my medical on 24th feb 2017 also status has been updated in a week of 'Medical Result Received '. Its been 5 months since my medical is done till then no response from embassy. Now the time line shows 16 months which is already completed. Can anyone help? What will be the next step? How long it takes ? Can i apply on visitors even if my spouse file goes in the background? Waiting time is so frustrating...

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
Hi!
Inland application, what´s up with the pictures? I thought you should include as many as possible and had a document of over 100 pages with over 200 pictures, each one explained individually. I was planning to send that with my application package but now I read there´s a limit of twenty. How did you guys deal with the pictures and how did you organize your application package? I couldn´t find much info regarding this in the CIC website.

Also, does anyone know how long it´s taking at the time after submitting the application to get the open work permit?

Thanks in advance!
They only ask for 20 pictures maximum, so choose the best ones with family, friends, and your spouse.
Work permit usually comes between 2 to 4 months after submitting your application.

application should be organized in order of the document checklist....

PR1609

Dec 11, 2016
WIndsor, ON
Hello everyone. I need some advice and help.

I am an Indian citizen living in the United States, and my PR application is being processed at NDVO. My background check turned to 'Not Applicable' after I submitted the FBI Clearance Certificate. My medicals expire on 29th Sept, and I haven't received my PPR yet. I am in India right now, and will return to the States on 11th Sept. I don't think I can submit my passport and get it before I travel back.

1) Should I get my medicals done again and go to the States so that I have them ready in case my application gets delayed?
2) Since I will be in the States after 11th, should I get my application transferred to an office in the US, as it is unable for me to send my passport to India when I live outside the county?

I really feel anxious about my situation now.

Any advice here would be really appreciated. Thank you!

Avani panchal

Aug 10, 2017
Everything is provided in the application including pictures, all the proofs of our relationship which includes chats, video calls and also the pictures of ceremony. Is it a good sign if we get medical request? Do we have to expect PPR after that?

ZhabaHulk

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Airdrie, Canada
Category........
Other
Is anyone know what's the average background check will take? Mine starts at the beginning of June according to my mp. And it is average it take 3-4 months? Anyone know how long it usually take. Mp check it today which is two month now and said still in process.

Thanks
Sometimes background check status in CIC lasts up to Decision Make stage. There is no particular timeframe for it yet, or at least we haven't established it.