+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

mikochouye

Mar 3, 2017
It's would be a good idea to request the GCMS notes about your case. It will give you more informations.
Also I just got marry like three weeks ago. And I updated my document before about planning the wedding. At this stage should I update my marry status or just leave it?
Thanks

sebinh

May 30, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore (Vietnam)
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Proff paiement RPRF 20-07-2017
AOR Received.
03-01-2017 AOR2 : 15-02-2017 CSQ: 30-03-2017
File Transfer...
February 2017
Med's Request
Request second. 20-07-2017 + further tests request for TB (august) / Passed 27-07-2019
Med's Done....
MDR-TB : 20 months. Finished ( 15 july 2019) / IOM update 22 july / CIC update 27 july
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 October 2019
VISA ISSUED...
31 October 2019
LANDED..........
10 Nov. 2019
Ok !
I'm going in October to get marry. Now I'm engaged. My PR was in process that I got engaged. I was waiting for my card to get it.
I was worried that you married before you landed and did not declare it.

Good luck :)

mikochouye

Mar 3, 2017
PNP? Express Entry? You cannot land without adding your wife to your application. You will be banned from sponsoring her if you don't update your status and add her. You should land with her if she's accompanying you, if not then sponsor her afterwards but make sure you add her to the app. Good luck.
No no. My husband is canadian. We are processing inland sponsorship. And is 26th month this month. Mp said is in the last step for background check. I just wondering should I tell Cic I am married. We applied when we are common l

sebinh

May 30, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore (Vietnam)
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
February 2017
Med's Request
Request second. 20-07-2017 + further tests request for TB (august) / Passed 27-07-2019
Med's Done....
MDR-TB : 20 months. Finished ( 15 july 2019) / IOM update 22 july / CIC update 27 july
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 October 2019
VISA ISSUED...
31 October 2019
LANDED..........
10 Nov. 2019
Also I just got marry like three weeks ago. And I updated my document before about planning the wedding. At this stage should I update my marry status or just leave it?
Thanks
You got married three weeks ago ? The sponsorship that you was talking about 26 months of wait is about who ?

mikochouye

Mar 3, 2017
You got married three weeks ago ? The sponsorship that you was talking about 26 months of wait is about who ?
I am the applicant and my husband is Canadian. He is the sponsor. We are commonlaw when we apply the immigration. But according to mp is in the last step background check. So just wondering if we need to update the marriage status or just leave it.

sebinh

May 30, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore (Vietnam)
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
February 2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 October 2019
VISA ISSUED...
31 October 2019
LANDED..........
10 Nov. 2019
I am the applicant and my husband is Canadian. He is the sponsor. We are commonlaw when we apply the immigration. But according to mp is in the last step background check. So just wondering if we need to update the marriage status or just leave it.
Well, I guess you should declare it cause we need to declare all important change... call cic and ask the question fast as possible cause you need to take in consideration that your husband will need to declare his new statu to the government ( province and federal ). I don't know about Your province programs but just about the TPS refund, you need to declare the marriage. The same for the CCB if you or your husband have kids.

Last edited:

mikochouye

Mar 3, 2017
Well, I guess you would declare it cause we need to declare all important change... call cic and ask the question fast as possible cause you need to take in consideration that your husband will need to declare his new statu to the government ( province and federal ). I don't know about Ontario program but just about the TPS refund, you need to declare the marriage. The same for the CCB if you or your husband have kids.
The officiant for our wedding said "I have mailed out your license and is now being registered, it will take 8 to 12 weeks before it is registered with the province and then you will be able to order your marriage certificate via this link " I am not sure if I updated now will they have the information in the provincial system.

sebinh

May 30, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore (Vietnam)
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
February 2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 October 2019
VISA ISSUED...
31 October 2019
LANDED..........
10 Nov. 2019
The officiant for our wedding said "I have mailed out your license and is now being registered, it will take 8 to 12 weeks before it is registered with the province and then you will be able to order your marriage certificate via this link " I am not sure if I updated now will they have the information in the provincial system.
But your husband need to update his marital status with the Canada Revenue Agency.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/child-family-benefits/update-your-marital-status-canada-revenue-agency.html

Reactions: mikochouye

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I work as assistant Manager in a retail store and I get paid more not minimum wage and There is a guy from my in laws that they live here since 1995 and he can sign as co-signer for my application.
There is no minimum income to sponsor a spouse. No one can co-sign a spousal sponsorship app.

You need to show IRCC that you can support yourselves in Canada without welfare. You can show you income, your spouse's income, savings/investments, family assistance etc.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
It depend where you live in Canada and how many people live with you.

If you live in the province of Quebec, you don't need to provide income to sponsor your husband or your wife.

If you live other where in Canada, here the link where you can read the chart and tables about it : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5482Eguide.asp
Incorrect. It has nothing to do with where a person lives or how many people live with them. There is no minimum income to sponsor a spouse.

If you read the link you posted, it states that the income requirement applies:

If you are sponsoring a person other than:

• your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner who has no family members, or
  • your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner who has dependent children who have no dependent children of their own, or
  • your child who has no children of his or her own,

The only time that there is an income requirement in spousal sponsorship is if the Principal Applicant has a dependent child that also has a dependent child.

Reactions: Little Pharaoh

sebinh

May 30, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore (Vietnam)
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
February 2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 October 2019
VISA ISSUED...
31 October 2019
LANDED..........
10 Nov. 2019
Incorrect. It has nothing to do with where a person lives or how many people live with them. There is no minimum income to sponsor a spouse.

If you read the link you posted, it states that the income requirement applies:

If you are sponsoring a person other than:

• your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner who has no family members, or
  • your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner who has dependent children who have no dependent children of their own, or
  • your child who has no children of his or her own,

The only time that there is an income requirement in spousal sponsorship is if the Principal Applicant has a dependent child that also has a dependent child.
So it's better like that ... I think that the People don't need to show up any income to sponsor spouse that will live in the province of Quebec. I don't remember that I needed to provide it. Maybe where I been confuse is that rest of Canada need to show income ? Where is the difference ?

Last edited:

tabo

May 20, 2015
Need more specification to answer your question.

First, did you be accepted as PR in 2012 and you just miss the Card or your PR been refused ?

If you just miss the card, you will simply need to apply for a permanent residence travel document before you try to come back in Canada.

But you should check about : *
" When you are a permanent resident, you can live outside of Canada, but must live in Canada for at least two years in a five-year period. If you live outside of Canada for longer, you may lose your permanent resident status."

"Even if you don't meet the residency obligation, you are still a PR until an official decision is made on your status."

So if you didn't receive a notification saying that you lost your PR, you still are PR of Canada.

If you never been a PR in Canada, well you need to meet all the same obligation than the others persons would need to provide if they want to visit or immigrate in Canada from your country.

I hope it will help.

Here the links that can be helpful :
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/about-pr.asp
Thanks for your answer.
When I was landed in 2012, I just stayed in Toronoto for 2 weeks and I didn't apply PR card. Then I returned back to my home country. So, I am only holding the landed paper. The paper expiry is 2021.
But I didn't receive any ntoiification saying that I lost my PR.

I am going to apply Permanent residence travel document before I return to Canada in 2018.

So, I want to know can I apply PR card after I returned.

767 Wifey

Star Member
Mar 16, 2017
Dominica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Port of Spain Trinidad
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
Doc's Request.
15-12-2017
AOR Received.
27-11-2017
File Transfer...
27-12-2017
Med's Request
19-03-2018
Med's Done....
28-03-2018
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2018
LANDED..........
pending...
You guys should update it. Never keep stuff from immigration, it could be a change of address let them know, it's for your best interest as immigration always warns about misrepresentation and it's consequences, there is nothing to hide so why not inform them, your application is still being processed so let them know the changes to your marital status so they can update it in their system

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So it's better like that ... I think that the People don't need to show up any income to sponsor spouse that will live in the province of Quebec. I don't remember that I needed to provide it. Maybe where I been confuse is that rest of Canada need to show income ? Where is the difference ?
There is no minimum income requirement for any sponsor regardless of where they are living. Many people without an income successfully sponsor their spouses. The key point is that IRCC needs to see that couples can support themselves in Canada without welfare.

sebinh

May 30, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore (Vietnam)
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
February 2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 October 2019
VISA ISSUED...
31 October 2019
LANDED..........
10 Nov. 2019
There is no minimum income requirement for any sponsor regardless of where they are living. Many people without an income successfully sponsor their spouses. The key point is that IRCC needs to see that couples can support themselves in Canada without welfare.
My point is that for people living in Quebec,we don't need to fill up this part of the form. IRCC doesn't look about our income cause we sign the engagement document with the province and not with the federal.

I just want to know if IRCC can refused someone as sponsor if they don't feel confident that the couple can support themselves without welfare.

Last edited: