+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question for seniors:
I have received medicals but still no confirmation (email or telephonic) of Schedule A and PCC receipt by CIC even after around one month of submitting the documents via webform.
Further to this, I am now being told by them that file has been sent to local visa office (sent on or around Mar 20; but no AOR 2 as well) so they are suggesting me to send communication to local visa office only.

Thus, I resend Sch A and PCC to NDVO (local visa office); however no confirmation email or auto generated email is given by local Visa Office.

Should i be concerned that i have no confirmation of receipt of Sch A and PCC by CIC; as i am running out of 30 days time frame to submit the documents. I have hard copy of Sch A and photo copy of PCC with me. Please suggest your experience and opinion on this case.

P.S: There was My CIC Account glitch and thus no doc requests online and no formal email requesting Sch A and PCC. All based on telephone conversation with CIC

cp37

Aug 4, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
Ignore IRCC's processing times. As said above, they are not averages. Outland American apps average 4-6 months.

Healthcare depends on the province. It is not automatic upon receipt of the OWP; some provinces require the person to be employed, some require AIP, some require the waiting period to be served out. Also, when you say they have employer provided insurance, do you mean extended benefits through your brother's employer in Canada? If so, they need to be careful with that, as insurers generally require that people have provincial coverage first; they should confirm with the actual insurance underwriter (not the company HR) that they are allowed to be covered without provincial health coverage.

Outland applicants can be covered in some provinces. Again, it all depends on the province.
Yes its called comprehensive coverage through my brother's employer in Canada. But its the pay and then file a claim kind of insurance.

Does Ontario cover outland applicants?

When I looked at the Ontario provincial health ministry's website looks like ones needs to be a citizen,PR, work permit, study permit , refugee and "some TRV" (restrictions apply).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
cp37 said:
Yes its called comprehensive coverage through my brother's employer in Canada. But its the pay and then file a claim kind of insurance.

Does Ontario cover outland applicants?

When I looked at the Ontario provincial health ministry's website looks like ones needs to be a citizen,PR, work permit, study permit , refugee and "some TRV" (restrictions apply).
They should confirm with the insurance underwriters that a person can be on the plan without provincial coverage.

If you search the forum, you will find some threads about applicants fighting for OHIP; I believe some people have had success in this fight but more often than not, the person doesn't get coverage until after PR. Note that the inland OWP doesn't entitle a person to OHIP unless the applicant has a full-time job. If the person doesn't have a full-time job, they have to wait until after AIP to qualify.

Basically, she will be without healthcare for quite awhile in either scenario. Outland is the better option.

Fizar

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
ITA 22-12-2016
AOR Received.
14-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Kindly need help for a friend.
Sponsoring his wife they recently got married and are pregnant less than a month. Will this delay application outcome since the wife cannot conduct medicals? Or can they still carry on with app. Please advise.

Hubby is inland. The wife is outland.

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
Fizar said:
Kindly need help for a friend.
Sponsoring his wife they recently got married and are pregnant less than a month. Will this delay application outcome since the wife cannot conduct medicals? Or can they still carry on with app. Please advise.

Hubby is inland. The wife is outland.
She can still do the medical. A pregnancy doesn't interfere with that.

Fizar

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
ITA 22-12-2016
AOR Received.
14-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
CanadianZenGirl said:
She can still do the medical. A pregnancy doesn't interfere with that.
Thank you for the response. so they should just continue with application as normal and just indicate that the wife is pregnant right?
Will the process be delayed because the wife cannot do a full medicals esp Xray?

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
Fizar said:
Thank you for the response. so they should just continue with application as normal and just indicate that the wife is pregnant right?
Will the process be delayed because the wife cannot do a full medicals esp Xray?
When my husband had his medical, they didn't take x-rays. Maybe the procedures are different depending on the country. In what country does the wife reside? Maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in.

Fizar

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
ITA 22-12-2016
AOR Received.
14-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
CanadianZenGirl said:
When my husband had his medical, they didn't take x-rays. Maybe the procedures are different depending on the country. In what country does the wife reside? Maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in.
Ohh okk the wife is from Kenya.

Medicals fro PR is different from Spousal medicals right?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
CanadianZenGirl said:
Fizar said:
Ohh okk the wife is from Kenya.

Medicals fro PR is different from Spousal medicals right?
no, the medical exam is the same for all immigration streams.

a chest xray is a standard part of the medical exam (spousal or otherwise). this is how they check for TB. i am from the US and had the chest xray done. if it was not done at the appointment, i would not rule out IRCC requiring it during the process.

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
a chest xray is a standard part of the medical exam (spousal or otherwise). this is how they check for TB. i am from the US and had the chest xray done. if it was not done at the appointment, i would not rule out IRCC requiring it during the process.
My husband is from the US, too. He passed the medical and we're well into the background check. Just waiting on decision made now.

Fizar

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
ITA 22-12-2016
AOR Received.
14-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
CDNPR2014 said:
no, the medical exam is the same for all immigration streams.

Thank you for the response. so if the wife is pregnant they cannot do the full medicals (chest xray) right? and this might delay the process as well.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Fizar said:
Thank you for the response. so if the wife is pregnant they cannot do the full medicals (chest xray) right? and this might delay the process as well.
yes, typically, being pregnant and not being able to do the chest xray will delay the processing of the application.

Fizar

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
ITA 22-12-2016
AOR Received.
14-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
CDNPR2014 said:
yes, typically, being pregnant and not being able to do the chest xray will delay the processing of the application.
Thank you :)

sheen

Aug 19, 2010
Hello Everyone,

NEED HELP/ADVICE !!!

My spouse application was received today at CPC signed by R Mahood.
What's the next step after this? Will they notify me via email or letter?
My address needs to be changed, should i change it right away or wait till they have my file number?

Thanks in advance

manishag

Oct 24, 2016
Hello All,
This is Manisha, I have a question regarding my travel. I applied for a PR through inland spousal sponsorship in Sep 2016 and I received my OWP valid until Jan 2019. I also have a TRV valid until Dec 2019. Can I travel to the states for a week and come back? Is there any risk involved while re-entering into Canada?
My recent entry into Canada as visitor is on Aug 7th 2016 and applied for PR in Sep 2016, received OWP Feb 4. Now that I have crossed the 6-month limit, is there any problem or it doesn't matter because I got my OWP before 6-month limit?
Please give your suggestion.
Thanks,
Manisha