+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

luissuarez

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
Feb 10 applicant here. I just received an email saying the my app is being returned due to missing documents; IMM 5532 & Civil docs (e.g. marriage certificate). Why would they say they are missing if I included them first hand with my app?? Has anyone been in this experience before?

msingh199

Nov 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luissuarez said:
Feb 10 applicant here. I just received an email saying the my app is being returned due to missing documents; IMM 5532 & Civil docs (e.g. marriage certificate). Why would they say they are missing if I included them first hand with my app?? Has anyone been in this experience before?
\

Nothing we can do dear...mine returned twice,,,,due to birth certificate

JamaicanSnowflake

Aug 20, 2013
Quebec
Good day
I'm filling in my application for my Husband to come to canada in The Basic guide 5525 Step 7 question 2 it says if your spouse plans to work in canada you need to fill and submit the work permit. Did everyone do this?

Minosis

Feb 3, 2017
Visa Office......
HAV
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
JamaicanSnowflake said:
Good day
I'm filling in my application for my Husband to come to canada in The Basic guide 5525 Step 7 question 2 it says if your spouse plans to work in canada you need to fill and submit the work permit. Did everyone do this?
I think that is only if your spouse is already inside of Canada and they would like to work while they are waiting for their permanent resident status, but please someone correct me if I am wrong :)

JamaicanSnowflake

Aug 20, 2013
Quebec
Minosis said:
I think that is only if your spouse is already inside of Canada and they would like to work while they are waiting for their permanent resident status, but please someone correct me if I am wrong :)
I think what I'll do is include it anyways and if they don't want it they can just disregard it, better to play it same

kristiina89

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
I lived in Alberta and after quitting work I got some coverment checks in mail in every few months. Little amounts, under 100dollars. I haven't saved those so I'm not sure what those was. My husband told they are something to do with taxes and with that I didn't worked. Since I started work again, I haven't got those. Now I just wondering would it effect negatively to my inland application that I got those. I don't know was it some social assistance? Any thoughts?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
kristiina89 said:
I lived in Alberta and after quitting work I got some coverment checks in mail in every few months. Little amounts, under 100dollars. I haven't saved those so I'm not sure what those was. My husband told they are something to do with taxes and with that I didn't worked. Since I started work again, I haven't got those. Now I just wondering would it effect negatively to my inland application that I got those. I don't know was it some social assistance? Any thoughts?
It depends what the cheques were. If they were social assistance, it could be an issue. You'll need to find out what they were.

Gloria217

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2016
JamaicanSnowflake said:
Good day
Work permit is for inland application

marcinha

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SP
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
Doc's Request.
08-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-12-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016 up front
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
barch88 said:
Just landed last night, today I went and applied for a SIN. They weren't able to give me a SIN # same day and said I'm going to have to wait 5 weeks for my card to come in the mail. I called the head office for SIN's and they said sometimes if your account gets flagged or there are system issues then you have to wait for CIC to confirm with the head office and confirm you're good and it takes 5 weeks. Kinda sucks, wanted to get started on obtaining a car, credit, etc... but at least I was able to land and move. They said all new immigrants over the last month or so have been having to do it this way, I bet it has to do with the new immigration forms and stuff...

Best wishes everyone
I am sorry for you! This situation is so frustrating!
Thank you for share this, because in my thoughts it should be easier.

marcinha

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SP
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
Doc's Request.
08-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-12-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016 up front
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
polar25 said:
hi forumers,

need some help if should i apply for an extension of my TRV my PR application receiceved by IRCC on 22nd of March and my TRV will expire on 2nd of May
thank you in advance
Yes, you should an extension of your TRV.

v.amin

Mar 29, 2017
Need assistance:
1) Does form IMM 5406 (Additional Family Information) to be filled by both the sponsor and principal applicant individually?
2) Do we have to write the names in our native language in those forms? (Or is it only for those languages shown in the "example" on that form)
3) Do the supporting documents like my wife's birth certificate, etc have to be notarized or true copy. It is already in English.

Thank you.

kristiina89

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
scylla said:
It depends what the cheques were. If they were social assistance, it could be an issue. You'll need to find out what they were.
I haven't saved those so I can't check.. But I haven't apply anything, they came automatically in mail. Husband told it's something to do with incomes I had when I had a job here previously.

marcinha

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SP
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
Doc's Request.
08-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-12-2016
Med's Done....
18-10-2016 up front
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
v.amin said:
Need assistance:

Thank you.
1) Does form IMM 5406 (Additional Family Information) to be filled by both the sponsor and principal applicant individually?

Look at the cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp. Normally you will know what everyone needs to fill in the checklist, which package was generated in your profile.

2) Do we have to write the names in our native language in those forms? (Or is it only for those languages shown in the "example" on that form)

The Complete Guide (IMM 5289) will teach you how to fill the forms.

3) Do the supporting documents like my wife's birth certificate, etc have to be notarized or true copy. It is already in English.
You will need a certified copy of the original document. It means:
Certified true copies

To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

“I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
the name of the original document,
the date of the certification,
his or her name,
his or her official position or title, and
his or her signature.