+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

selpri12

Sep 28, 2014
Aquakitty said:
Ouch :( Sorry to hear of your long wait. But I have to say your case isn't unusual. Plenty of people from ND end up waiting that long. I suggest posting in the ND thread.

There's lots of info here about GCMS codes, if you post some of the stuff you are confused about someone can probably help you, or google for the GCMS codes thread.

It's great your spouse was able to join you in Canada though.
Thanks for the response Aquakitty. I had a look at the GCMS notes definitions and all the status (Medical,Security,Criminality etc) is Passed for me. Could you help me with the link for the ND thread please

selpri12

Sep 28, 2014
BonManush said:
GCMS explained here:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t390292.0.html;topicseen
Thank you so much. I am atleast clear now as all my status in GCMS notes says Passed.Its all with NDVO now. I couldnt sense any reason which would delay the processing

JMilne

Jun 28, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2016
Doc's Request.
18-10-2016
AOR Received.
19-08-2016
File Transfer...
30-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-07-2016
Interview........
Not requested
VISA ISSUED...
08-12-2016
canuck_in_uk said:
They are Canadian citizens. You need to apply ASAP for the Certificates of Citizenship for the children.

If you travel to Canada after Sept 29th, Canada's eTA requirement will be in force. As your children are already Canadian, they don't qualify for eTAs and will not be able to travel to Canada on their Australian passports. You will need Canadian passports for them. If either is under the age of 2, you can apply for a Canadian passport concurrently with the certificate app. If they are over 2, you will need to first wait for the certificates to be sent before you can apply for passports.

If you go to Canada before Sept 29th, the children will be able to travel on their Australian passports. However, without proof of citizenship, you may face issues getting them provincial health care.
Thank you so much! This is great news. I have spoken with a representative here in Canberra, Australia and he was very helpful also.

kiwiblair

Feb 2, 2016
NEW ZEALAND
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
25-04-2016
Med's Done....
up front
Passport Req..
29-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
hey guys , just seen that i had a refund of $323 NZD into my mastercard from "citizendhip& imm ON-L gatineau QC " but when i check my status it hasnt changed it just says
Permanent Residence
1.We received your application for permanent residence on April 25, 2016.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 20, 2016.
3.We started processing your application on June 20, 2016

is it possible i paid too much and this is a refund of that ? ....
how would i find out ...
cheers , i am a kiwi applying from NZ... wife and kids are canadian .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
kiwiblair said:
hey guys , just seen that i had a refund of $323 NZD into my mastercard from "citizendhip& imm ON-L gatineau QC " but when i check my status it hasnt changed it just says
Permanent Residence
1.We received your application for permanent residence on April 25, 2016.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 20, 2016.
3.We started processing your application on June 20, 2016

is it possible i paid too much and this is a refund of that ? ....
how would i find out ...
cheers , i am a kiwi applying from NZ... wife and kids are canadian .
Total fees for spousal sponsorship are $1040. If you paid more than that - then you overpaid.

kiwiblair

Feb 2, 2016
NEW ZEALAND
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
25-04-2016
Med's Done....
up front
Passport Req..
29-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
so the total i paid in cad$ was 1340 ..... i guess i overpaid somehow ..... always nice to get a refund

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
Need Urgent Response or reply

hello Members My case Got Refuse couple of days ago.. WE want to Appeal it,Now where to Start and what is our First step ?
1) Do we need Lawyer / consultant for Appeal.
2) Anybody Knows good Immigration Lawyer/consultant In Alberta Edmonton ?
3) How much Time over all Appeal Process takes ?
4) from where to Download Applications for and where to send it ?
5) How long they will take to response back to us .

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
AOR1: June 6 2016 SA: July 20 2016 AOR2: Sep 1 2016 PGR Request: Sep 27 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS shows in process status
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 6 2017 Sent Jan 10 2017 Rvcd Jan 20 2017
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
tony000 said:
Need Urgent Response or reply

hello Members My case Got Refuse couple of days ago.. WE want to Appeal it,Now where to Start and what is our First step ?
1) Do we need Lawyer / consultant for Appeal.
2) Anybody Knows good Immigration Lawyer/consultant In Alberta Edmonton ?
3) How much Time over all Appeal Process takes ?
4) from where to Download Applications for and where to send it ?
5) How long they will take to response back to us .
What was the refusal reason? There are 2 ways - Are you thinking about leave and judicial process or appeal ? If you sure about appeal, we have a thread for appeal cases.

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
JMilne said:
Thanks! Have since found all the forms, same link as you attached. Still no luck opening or downloading said Forms :mad:

Would you be able to elaborate on the children potentially being Citizens? My husband was born in Canada to Canadian parents, standard citizenship scenario.
If the dad is a canadian citizen , then the kids are auto canadians. All u need to do is apply for a Citizenship certificate for both of them and also thier canadian passports ( if you plan to travel soon). The embassy would need the fathers passport and birth Certificate and your passport. Thats all.

If you do that, then u only need to apply for your PR only and not all three of you.

I have done this for my two sons, and it all went smoothly.

Let me know if you have further questions.

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
nartcr said:
What was the refusal reason? There are 2 ways - Are you thinking about leave and judicial process or appeal ? If you sure about appeal, we have a thread for appeal cases.
I do not know what is Best for us ? what will take short time to get done . We will consider the Option which will best suit us . may be Re-apply or Appeal , i think Judicial Process will take longer than these two ?

PBianca

Jan 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/03/2016
AOR Received.
14/04/2016
File Transfer...
06/10/2016
Med's Done....
01/10/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28/09/2016
VISA ISSUED...
03/10/2016
LANDED..........
06/10/2016
kiwiblair said:
so the total i paid in cad$ was 1340 ..... i guess i overpaid somehow ..... always nice to get a refund

You will get a refund :D my husband paid too much and got 550 refund, it takes like two months after all

mirjana.Ilija

Aug 5, 2015
CANADIAN SPOUSES..does anyone have experience requesting an in person appointment if application is over wait time and taking too long ? Here in canada if we were to request to talk to someone and see whats going on

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mirjana.Ilija said:
CANADIAN SPOUSES..does anyone have experience requesting an in person appointment if application is over wait time and taking too long ? Here in canada if we were to request to talk to someone and see whats going on
There is no such in person appointment . if they need to talk to you They'll inform you and that's the Interview and it's not a very good sign .

Order your GCMS notes maybe you will find some info , Inland applications usually takes very long time .

mirjana.Ilija

Aug 5, 2015
TANMEX said:
There is no such in person appointment . if they need to talk to you They'll inform you and that's the Interview and it's not a very good sign .

Order your GCMS notes maybe you will find some info , Inland applications usually takes very long time .
Im going through an ARC application that has no timeline they can take years if they feel like it. And ifigured i would contact cic and request an interview with someone in canada

edmonton1985

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Hey Guys,

I need your help in regards to obtaining travel document from Islamabad. My wife landed in Canada on March 06, 2016 and then she flew back due to some family emergency and her PR card has not arrived yet.
Now I am thinking about applying for a travel document from Islamabad and I am not sure how long it is taking for them to process the travel document applications. We will be in Karachi but can my wife and I fly to Islamabad and then get a travel document in person or do we have to fill the application and then send them to Islamabad?
Please advise whether if its possible for us to visit the Canadian Embassy in person in Islamabad and get travel document and secondly how long it is taking to process the travel document applications. Thanks!