+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

puzzled101

Dec 12, 2012
Garry2008 said:
As long as his visa is valid to enter Canada there should not be any problem as far as the CBSA (Canadian Border Security Agency) they have right to ask any question on time of entry to canada.His Immigration application have nothing to do with his Visitor visa.So he should be good as far as he has valid visa to visit canada.
Thanks, Garry2008! Fingers crossed :)

ali.14

Jan 20, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
please members i need your help and experience.. i got a call from delhi asking if i can travel to canada on so and so date i said yes but i haven't hear any news from them as of yet and i called them back on the number they didn't pick up. Has any had this happen before or know of anyone please all members give me your thoughts what should i do?

jcaze

Jan 20, 2015
Garry2008 said:
if you are an inland applicant then you can apply for Open Work Permit that allow you to work for any employer and at any position, location.

thank you so much for the response. ;)

Canadian4life

Jan 21, 2015
Can someone plzzz help me ASAP!????

I am born and raised in Canada.
I went to Afghanistan in April 2014 to get married.
I came back with all the paperwork and documents after the marriage and sent it to Mississauga office on May 22 2014.

I received an email from immigration on July 23 2014 that I am eligible to sponsor my spouse.
And they have forwarded my application to New Delhi India.

But since then I haven't heard anything back from them.
It's 8 months now!!!

Can someone please help me ????
Thanks

ali.14

Jan 20, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadian4life said:
Can someone plzzz help me ASAP!????

I am born and raised in Canada.
I went to Afghanistan in April 2014 to get married.
I came back with all the paperwork and documents after the marriage and sent it to Mississauga office on May 22 2014.

I received an email from immigration on July 23 2014 that I am eligible to sponsor my spouse.

It's 8 months now!!!

Can someone please help me ????
Thanks
What does your ecas status say ?? you should check this threads out and join them very helpful information
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-delhi-2014-applicants-t180473.15825.html <-- 2014 new delhi thread

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/afghanistan-spouse-sponsorship-thru-india-t170800.2940.html
<-- afghan thread application through New delhi

Jan 22, 2015
Hello guys,

Please let me know what is the processing time of spousal application? I have already applied in nov 2014. Still we didnt get file number. How much it will take time ? Please reply me as soon as possible.

EmiliD.

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
17-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014 ( SA )
File Transfer...
03-12-2014 ( asked Vienna via e-mail )
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-08-2014
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2015
LANDED..........
14-03-2015
Rukhsar shaikh said:
Hello guys,

Please let me know what is the processing time of spousal application? I have already applied in nov 2014. Still we didnt get file number. How much it will take time ? Please reply me as soon as possible.
For the 1st step now is 85 days,but for the whole process it depends of the country where the applicant resides. You have everything on the CIC website, average processing times for every visa office.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

Canadian4life

Jan 21, 2015
My ecas status says: Application received. Medical results have been received.

I contacted the MP's office every month since September and they checked and told me that everything is going smoothly so far. My spouse is in que to be contacted for interview.
That's all she told me.

I haven't checked back since December.

ali.14

Jan 20, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadian4life said:
My ecas status says: Application received. Medical results have been received.

I contacted the MP's office every month since September and they checked and told me that everything is going smoothly so far. My spouse is in que to be contacted for interview.
That's all she told me.

I haven't checked back since December.
okay as your MP told you that then do not worry just wait and see and if you feel too worried ask MP for an update or order ATIP notes which will give you detail on your whole file and see what's going on

Guyman1234

Dec 5, 2014
Lasgidi
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2014
Doc's Request.
06-07-2015 (salary payments &amp; pof)
Nomination.....
05-01-2015
Med's Request
28-07-2015
Med's Done....
04-08-2015
Interview........
Didn't happen
Passport Req..
29-02-2016 / 11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2016
LANDED..........
26/07/16
Hello guys.

Am a fswp 2014 applicant. Already received PER . I am considering marrying my fiancée, but she would be a non-accompanying spouse. I want to get settled first before I bring her in.

What are the processes of bringing a formerly non-accompanying spouse in under a fsw application ?

Do I have to go through a fresh family class application?

ali.14

Jan 20, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Garry2008 said:
you should give more detail about call who made that call from Delhi and why he told you to visit Canada etc.
My application is with them (new delhi visa office) as i'm the applicant. Recently my status on ecas went from 'application received' to 'in process' on jan 15. My meds expire end of jan when agent called she said i'm from canadian immigration new delhi and asked for my date of birth and asked if i can travel to canada before feb 11th as your med will expire by feb 11th i think so i'm guessing they've extended my medicals expiry date. But i have not heard from them. I'm wondering if anyone had this happend to them before

lovely21

Apr 26, 2012
Hello All,

Can anyone help as to what should I do to make the our process stronger .......

Me and my Husband have 27 years of age gap ...........
Our families did not attend our wedding .............

we are in the process of gathering documents................Please advice as what to look for....

Thanks in advance ........... :)

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
lovely21 said:
Hello All,

Can anyone help as to what should I do to make the our process stronger .......

Me and my Husband have 27 years of age gap ...........
Our families did not attend our wedding .............

we are in the process of gathering documents................Please advice as what to look for....

Thanks in advance ........... :)
How long have you guys been together before getting married will hugely help the case

lovely21

Apr 26, 2012
Well we have know each other for more than 10 years and have been in a relationship since last 5 years ..........my family like him and I came to know him through my family only but as we have 27 years of age difference and from India so............they don't agree in fact they are capable of harming him physical if they know we are even thinking of marriage let alone we are married.............

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Canadian4life said:

It's 8 months now!!!
The processing time started when New Delhi received your file, so you're only at 5 months right now and it's quite normal that you haven't heard anything. NDVO has a posted processing time of 15 months, whcih means that 80% of apps are done in that time. Given that your spouse is from Afghanistan and is still waiting to be called for an interview, there is a very good chance that your application will be in the 20% that takes longer than the posted time. You just need to be patient and wait.