08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
Re: Spouse sponsorship Abu Dhabi office
« Reply #3972 on: January 20, 2015, 08:07:49 am »
Quote Modify Remove
Hey everyone im new to this forum and i really need someone's help.
I currently study in Sharjah and my husband works in Saudi Arabia.. Im sposoring him to cananada and we mailed the papers to this address through regular mail from the post office in sharjah

Spouses, common-law or conjugal partner and dependent children:
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4N6

I tracked my shipment and now it says it was recieved by a person and it says the name of the person ..is this normal or not because now im really worried that the envelope was taken by the wrong person

I dont know what to do please can anyone help me and tell me how cam i make sure that they got our papers

Thank you

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
xxxma3dl said:
CIC might let you do the sponsorship route if you are a Canadian citizen
Oh but this is definitely a longer process than to apply for a new PR right?
Is there a change they might let her to the PR or they will for sure ask her for sponsorship?
thanks

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
2cookies said:
Oh but this is definitely a longer process than to apply for a new PR right?
Is there a change they might let her to the PR or they will for sure ask her for sponsorship?
thanks
Your questions are very unclear. What exactly are you asking?

Sponsorship leads to PR. What do you mean let her to the PR? Do you mean apply for Pr card if she already a PR? If she hasn't met the residency obligations, then she has to wait to apply for a new PR card. She must be living in Canada for at least 730 days in the last 5 years for that.

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
tink23 said:
Your questions are very unclear. What exactly are you asking?

Sponsorship leads to PR. What do you mean let her to the PR? Do you mean apply for Pr card if she already a PR? If she hasn't met the residency obligations, then she has to wait to apply for a new PR card. She must be living in Canada for at least 730 days in the last 5 years for that.
I read that sponsorship takes longer compare to someone applying for a new PR.
Her PR will expired (cannot renew-doesnt have the residency requirement), so if she applied for a new PR, will CIC allow it or will ask her to apply for sponsorship?
Sorry for the confusing
Thanks

sulemanmirza

Aug 7, 2013
Ajax, ON
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
18-June-2014
Doc's Request.
21-May-2015
AOR Received.
12-August-2014
File Transfer...
In process: 20-May-2015
Med's Request
27-May-2015
Med's Done....
DM: 23-Nov-15
Passport Req..
01-Dec-2015 Passport submitted: 02-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-Dec-2015
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2015 :)
I have 2 questions regarding the ATIP request.

1. I am the husband who sponsored the wife, would I still have to say "NO" to *Are you requesting information on your own behalf? question and submit a consent form.??

2. if she have to submit a consent form IMM5744E too, which sections she will be filling in.? Is section B needs to be filled too.?

Please reply as soon as possible.

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Garry2008 said:
If she can not renew PR that means She have Already missed that Opportunity so she have to Apply for It Again Or Unless Lawyer can make an Appeal on her Behalf to CIC.
If She will Apply for it Again then She will go for a new time Period that is Applicable for all new Applicant.
I think you should make it little clear that why she is Unable to Renew Her PR ?.
Is it Due to Time Period that she Spent out of Canada or any other reason.Then Someone might have same situation in past and can help us.

More detail is here.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=727&t=4
She cannot renew because of her profession.
She was in Canada 1 year over the past 5 years.
I saw the processing time for new applicant (PR) is 45days. Just concern how CIC will respond to this.
Any idea what is best for her to come back?
Thanks Garry

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
2cookies said:
She cannot renew because of her profession.
She was in Canada 1 year over the past 5 years.
I saw the processing time for new applicant (PR) is 45days. Just concern how CIC will respond to this.
Any idea what is best for her to come back?
Thanks Garry
That processing time is for those who have just landed and are getting their PR cards for the first time. Your wife is not in that category.

She would need to apply for a PRTD (if she requires a visa), and since that would be refused, she would lose her PR status. Then you can sponsor her.

You have asked these questions several times, the first time back in May 2014. The answers remain the same. If she really wanted to keep her PR status, she should've come in May, while her card was still valid. Her chances of not being reported get smaller and smaller the longer she remains outside of Canada.

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Garry2008 said:
In Her situation i would suggest you to consult a lawyer although he will charge a fee but it can also save time.
If lawyer can come to an approach to show that there was a serious reason .

Time spent outside Canada may also count towards the two years if you are:
An employee of (or under contract to) a Canadian business.
As per the link i have posted.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=727&t=4

can maintain his/her PR but you must check it with Lawyer.
He might charge $100 0r $150 consultation fee but it will save lot of time.
Make sure he/she is not a immigration consultant.he must be an immigration lawyer to make an appeal.

Otherwise she need to start the process from beginning and you know it takes lot of time.
If she was employed by an Canadian business and was away to work with them then she can Appeal.

If her PR card is already expired Then Officer can decide on port of entry weather to let her in or not.But most chance are they would not allow to enter.
Thanks Garry....will try that.

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
MilesAway said:
That processing time is for those who have just landed and are getting their PR cards for the first time. Your wife is not in that category.

She would need to apply for a PRTD (if she requires a visa), and since that would be refused, she would lose her PR status. Then you can sponsor her.

You have asked these questions several times, the first time back in May 2014. The answers remain the same. If she really wanted to keep her PR status, she should've come in May, while her card was still valid. Her chances of not being reported get smaller and smaller the longer she remains outside of Canada.
I did not the same question coz was not sure what will happen then. thing have change now.
Anyways thank you.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
2cookies said:
I did not the same question coz was not sure what will happen then. thing have change now.
Anyways thank you.
Has her PR card expired already? Why can't she try entering Canada before it expires? It would save you a lot of hassle and money.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MilesAway said:
Has her PR card expired already? Why can't she try entering Canada before it expires? It would save you a lot of hassle and money.
I asked that same question 2 pages back.

If she is able to enter Canada, she should stay in Canada for at least 730 days.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
2cookies said:
Anyways thank you.
You did ask the same things; myself and many other senior members responded to you MANY, MANY times and explained your options repeatedly.

vinem

Feb 15, 2014
Hello Experts,

Seeking your advice on my matter.

I am a canadian PR got married to an Irish citizen. My spouse is now with me on a working holiday visa valid till end of 2016. I have decided to apply outland from within Canada.

My Question is : Can my spouse work using working holiday visa while outland application in progress?

Thank you.
Vinem

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
vinem said:
Hello Experts,

Seeking your advice on my matter.

I am a canadian PR got married to an Irish citizen. My spouse is now with me on a working holiday visa valid till end of 2016. I have decided to apply outland from within Canada.

My Question is : Can my spouse work using working holiday visa while outland application in progress?

Thank you.
Vinem
Apply outland! Ignore the previous post about the pilot program for inland applicants. You can continue to work on your working visa, so long as it is valid. Odds are the PR process will be done long before the work visa expires.