Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Garry2008 said:
is there any benefit that he will get if he will apply outland ?
In case if he is applying for outland she have to visit home country to visit homeland visa office if there will be any interview.
For most visa offices OUTLAND, the benefit is significantly faster processing time, and the ability to leave Canada if need be (emergency, visit family, etc.) without jeopardizing the PR application. Also, right to appeal if denied.

trial123

Jan 18, 2015
Hi all,

I have a quick question. I was wondering if my spousal sponsorship application might be refused/ at risk if it doesn't include wedding pictures ? Is is listed in the document checklist to have wedding pictures ?

I am asking because my wife and I had a little engagement ceremony( we took pictures ) and we had our marriage certificate done. I went back to canada for work, but will return in the summer for the wedding ceremony. I am planning to fill out the application and send it now instead of waiting till the summer to get the wedding pictures. This will save me some time instead of waiting apart from my wife.

Please let me know !!

Thanks

valmiri

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
18/02/2015
File Transfer...
SA 26/02/2015 File trsfd on 08/04/2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
12/06/2015
LANDED..........
Soon
trial123 said:
Hi all,

I have a quick question. I was wondering if my spousal sponsorship application might be refused/ at risk if it doesn't include wedding pictures ? Is is listed in the document checklist to have wedding pictures ?

I am asking because my wife and I had a little engagement ceremony( we took pictures ) and we had our marriage certificate done. I went back to canada for work, but will return in the summer for the wedding ceremony. I am planning to fill out the application and send it now instead of waiting till the summer to get the wedding pictures. This will save me some time instead of waiting apart from my wife.

Please let me know !!

Thanks
I recommand that you include other pictures of both of you and also write a letter explaning everything why/how and include it with the rest of the other documentations .

trial123

Jan 18, 2015
valmiri said:
I recommand that you include other pictures of both of you and also write a letter explaning everything why/how and include it with the rest of the other documentations .
So you think that there shouldn't be a problem if I send my application with no wedding pictures but instead I send other pictures with explanation why I don't have other pictures ??

valmiri

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
18/02/2015
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
12/06/2015
LANDED..........
Soon
Well, I would not say that they will deny you just because you don't have wedding pictures. So to cover this part I would of sent a letter explaning why there are no wedding pics (stating reasons why you did not have a wedding and that you are planning to have one in the future because for this "reason" right you guys couldn't have a wedding party).And also in the checklist it requires that you send proof of genuine relationship...Make sure that you send every possible proof: phone logs, messages pictures, joint accounts, emails, gift cards, western union receipts etc

valmiri

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
18/02/2015
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
12/06/2015
LANDED..........
Soon
Don't forget the main "Certificate of Marriage"

orotibash

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
hi everyone! i need an advice with my cousin's situation here. Her contract will be expired on April 2015 and she lives here in Alberta. Unfortunately, she cannot renew it anymore because of the temp. foreign worker thing. She got married last Jan. 10, 2015 to a canadian citizen and they don't have kids yet. Can she still stay in Canada or will she be sent home?

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
orotibash said:
hi everyone! i need an advice with my cousin's situation here. Her contract will be expired on April 2015 and she lives here in Alberta. Unfortunately, she cannot renew it anymore because of the temp. foreign worker thing. She got married last Jan. 10, 2015 to a canadian citizen and they don't have kids yet. Can she still stay in Canada or will she be sent home?
Have they applied for the PR and is it outland or inland.

orotibash

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
Garry2008 said:
if she got married and she have applied for immigration then she can still remain in Canada.And she can also work legally.

Effective December 22, 2014, eligible spouses or common-law partners have the opportunity to work in Canada while they wait for their application for permanent residence to be processed.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will issue open work permits to certain spouses or common-law partners who are applying for permanent residence from inside Canada, before the approval in principle decision on their application is made.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.as
hello..They haven't applied for anything yet. If i'm not mistaken she needs to apply for extension of stay in canada as visitor/ temporary residence, right? and then sponsorship application either inland or outland. correct if i'm wrong with this.

jcaze

Jan 20, 2015
im currently under a live in caregiver, getting married this march, if im being sponsored by my boyfriend for PR, does it mean i can get out of the caregiver program anytime even when its still on process or i still need to wait for the decision before moving out of the program?, when do i have to change the working visa to visitor visa? thanks in advance. :) :)

ymserver

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
Doc's Request.
12-08-2015 (HK Police cert)
AOR Received.
05-03-2015
File Transfer...
10-03-2015 (SA); 30-03-2015 (AOR2);
Med's Request
12-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015 (re-med)
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
02-11-2015 (DM2), no PPR
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2015 (COPR)
valmiri said:
Well, I would not say that they will deny you just because you don't have wedding pictures. So to cover this part I would of sent a letter explaning why there are no wedding pics (stating reasons why you did not have a wedding and that you are planning to have one in the future because for this "reason" right you guys couldn't have a wedding party).And also in the checklist it requires that you send proof of genuine relationship...Make sure that you send every possible proof: phone logs, messages pictures, joint accounts, emails, gift cards, western union receipts etc
In addition, regarding your situation, someone on this forum suggested to include deposit receipts (if available) of wedding venue/ reception/ photographer booking.

ymserver

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
Doc's Request.
12-08-2015 (HK Police cert)
AOR Received.
05-03-2015
File Transfer...
10-03-2015 (SA); 30-03-2015 (AOR2);
Med's Request
12-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015 (re-med)
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
02-11-2015 (DM2), no PPR
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2015 (COPR)
orotibash said:
they haven't applied for anything yet.
If I am not mistaken, her husband can apply for inland sponsorship (with an open work permit application), then she can stay until a decision is made.

orotibash

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
Garry2008 said:
yes true she need to apply for extension and it should be granted without any problem.yes she have both option to apply but she need to maintain TR if she will be applying as outland applicant.If she will apply as inland Applicant then she can work in Canada and continue her career without any waiting on her Open Work Permit.
thanks for the reply :) :)

puzzled101

Dec 12, 2012
Hi there,

I applied for spousal sponsorship via the outland track for my husband in December 2014. He was employed on work permit in the USA with a H1-B visa. It just happened around the holidays that he was unfortunately he was laid off. He has applied for change of status to a visitor B2 visa and is awaiting a decision while wrapping up in the USA. He holds a Canadian visitor visa and plans to visit for a few months but not move all his stuff to Canada until he gets his residency approved. He has family in the USA and will keep his personal items there.

Can he drive from the USA and stay with me in Canada as I am a citizen? He would visit Canada on tourist visa for a maximum of 4-5 months and then leave to go back home to wait for his sponsorship application to be processed. We were wondering if he will have a hard time at the Canadian border if officer sees that his sponsorship is in process and that he has applied for a change of status to visitor in the US. Also, does he need to show a return ticket to our home country or is it not necessary considering he will be driving to Canada?

Does anyone know of or have any experience with such a situation? This was unfortunate but we have to deal with the situation and since it's easier for him to come as a visitor, we figured that this is an option to consider.

Any advice would help :)

Thanks!