Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
Ponga said:
Yes, but they are only processing the SPONSORSHIP portion.
Yes Ponga is correct :) ... Sorry I should have been more specific :)

Dec 24, 2014
Good evening
I will be very thankful for advice . I am Bulgarian citizen married for Canadian -Dutch citizen since 1996. So far we lived in Bulgaria,
but now we plan to immigrate in Canada .Our two children are also Canadian citizens.My wife plans to go to Canada to visit her family and
to make search for jobs, I will stay in Bulgaria with the kids .My questions are -
1. How is better for my wife to organize sponsorship ? To start procedure from Canada or from Bulgaria ?
2. If I am granted with Canadian residence , can I work after my arrival in Canada or I must wait for some time ?
Thanks !

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
Hey guys!
I'm from Brazil and goin' to marry with a Canadian RP (she's there for the past 8~9 years).
She came to Brazil only once and stayed for 3 months and now she's coming next january to perform our wedding (we date since august, 2013).
Can it be a negative for our application?
She's making a college right now, ends on june, 2015, than she'll start work. She lives in Montreal so we don't need to proove financial suport.
We're goin' to apply outland.
Anyone knows if it's easy or hard to aprove in this conditions? We have pics togheter, travel tickets, screenshots (Skype). And how long it's the processing times for Brazil nowadays?
Tnx guys :p

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
ALEXANDAR PAVLOV said:
Good evening
I will be very thankful for advice . I am Bulgarian citizen married for Canadian -Dutch citizen since 1996. So far we lived in Bulgaria,
but now we plan to immigrate in Canada .Our two children are also Canadian citizens.My wife plans to go to Canada to visit her family and
to make search for jobs, I will stay in Bulgaria with the kids .My questions are -
1. How is better for my wife to organize sponsorship ? To start procedure from Canada or from Bulgaria ?
2. If I am granted with Canadian residence , can I work after my arrival in Canada or I must wait for some time ?
Hi Alexandar

I am in the same situation as you are luckily our case is done. I am the Canadian Citizen with 2 Canadian Citizen kids and my husband is British but all of us at the moment is residing in England. What we did is start the sponsorship in England and in your case might be better to start the procedure in Bulgaria since your wife is only there visiting her parents. For your second question, when you arrive in Canada, you will need to apply for Social Insurance Number which is your Canadian employee number.

Somebody in the forum might be able to elaborate more or give you more advice.

Hope this help and good luck.

Thanks !

valmiri

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
18/02/2015
File Transfer...
SA 26/02/2015 File trsfd on 08/04/2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
12/06/2015
LANDED..........
Soon
Hi FRIENDS
I have a question:
the sponsor assessment its 61 days now ok...Does these 61 days start since the day that they receive the application bcz cic received mine on Nov the 25th..and its been a month that They did notveven open the package

amcheema78

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO Husband Case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
10-01-2013
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
Interview........
Waived. Ecas status changed to decision made on 06 Dec 14.
Passport Req..
13-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12 Feb 2015 Passport Received by The Grace of Allah Almighty.
LANDED..........
In Sha Allah Soon.
I'm from Pakistan and having the following status on CIC.
We received your application for permanent residence on December 7, 2012.

We started processing your application on September 30, 2014.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Last status of Decision made was updated on 06 Dec 2014. So far no contact has been made from the office. What does that mean?

chipolopolo

Star Member
Nov 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NAIROBI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
Doc's Request.
16-10-2014
AOR Received.
NONE
File Transfer...
27-07-2014
Med's Done....
07-07-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
16-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2014
LANDED..........
30-11-2014
valmiri said:
Hi FRIENDS
I have a question:
the sponsor assessment its 61 days now ok...Does these 61 days start since the day that they receive the application bcz cic received mine on Nov the 25th..and its been a month that They did notveven open the package
yes it starts from date they receive it. The actual assessment only takes a day. The 61 days is the estimated number of days it will take for them to get to yours. It can be less or more. Expect to hear from them around end of January.

valmiri

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
18/02/2015
File Transfer...
SA 26/02/2015 File trsfd on 08/04/2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
12/06/2015
LANDED..........
Soon
Thank you very much CHIPOLOPOLO
This is actually great newss, you gave me my first smile today :)
Thanks for replying.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
qtazngal said:
Hi Alexandar

I am in the same situation as you are luckily our case is done. I am the Canadian Citizen with 2 Canadian Citizen kids and my husband is British but all of us at the moment is residing in England. What we did is start the sponsorship in England and in your case might be better to start the procedure in Bulgaria since your wife is only there visiting her parents. For your second question, when you arrive in Canada, you will need to apply for Social Insurance Number which is your Canadian employee number.

Somebody in the forum might be able to elaborate more or give you more advice.

Hope this help and good luck.

Thanks !
Yes, you must get a Socal Insurance Number (SIN) to work, however it is very quick!! Some airports offer to get this before even leaving the terminal. If your airport doesn't have this or you land late at night, don't worry. You will go to a Service Canada with your passport and COPR (you'll get this when you are granted PR) and you can get one in minutes.

Agreed that it is better to start the process now in Bulgaria. You can start filling out the forms and gather proof of relationship. You won't have to include much since you've been married since 1996. Once completed, then you will send all application forms (sponsor and applicant plus relationship proof) to Mississaga CIC. Once they have checked it for completeness they will approve your wife as the sponsor and forward the application off to the appropriate visa office for w Bulgarian citizen.

One thin your wife will need to be thorough is showing proof of her intention to move back to Canada once you are granted PR. This can include living accommodations (where will you be living?- purchased a house? Staying with family?-- have them write a letter of support stating you will live with them, renting?-- show rental contract or at least continued discussion between you guys and landlord.) Kids registered for schools or at least knowledge of where the kids will go to school is all helpful in proving that your wife intends to move to Canada once your PR is approved. Job searches around where you will be living or job offers are also great proof of your wife's intention to live in Canada, even though she has been living abroad for years.

ib

Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
DAKAR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015
AOR Received.
04-05-2015
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Passport Req..
28-10-2015
Hi everybody.
I live in canada and I wanna sponsor my wife (she is at france) my problem is I am not working right now cause I am going back to school this January to finish my bachelor but I got over than $90G SAVED. SO DO YOU GUYS THINK IT COULD BE A FINANCIAL problem for not working.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
ib said:
Hi everybody.
I live in canada and I wanna sponsor my wife (she is at france) my problem is I am not working right now cause I am going back to school this January to finish my bachelor but I got over than $90G SAVED. SO DO YOU GUYS THINK IT COULD BE A FINANCIAL problem for not working.
There is no financial requirement to sponsor your wife. You just need to show that you are not on welfare, and that you can support yourselves without needing welfare. You can show this through employment history, savings, job prospects for you and your spouse. Lots of people on here have sponsored their spouses while unemployed and studying full-time.

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
Hey guys!
I'm from Brazil and goin' to marry with a Canadian RP (she's there for the past 8~9 years).
She came to Brazil only once and stayed for 3 months and now she's coming next january to perform our wedding (we date since august, 2013).
Can it be a negative for our application?
She's making a college right now, ends on june, 2015, than she'll start work. She lives in Montreal so we don't need to proove financial suport.
We're goin' to apply outland.
Anyone knows if it's easy or hard to aprove in this conditions? We have pics togheter, travel tickets, screenshots (Skype). And how long it's the processing times for Brazil nowadays?
Tnx guys

yumyumhungry

Dec 4, 2013
Hi all,

Is it a bad idea to email Manila and ask about our application? We went into process on September 24th. We saw lots of other Manila folks go into process after that and got DM and have landed since then. My wife is Korean and on some Korean sites lots of people have gone through the whole process in 6 months or less. We applied on May 12th.

My wife needs PR to apply for universities in the spring. Is that a legitimate reason to ask the CIC how much longer our application might take? Also, we planned on travelling in March and hoped to get PR before then since she will have to send her passport to Manila (right?)

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
yumyumhungry said:
My wife needs PR to apply for universities in the spring. Is that a legitimate reason to ask the CIC how much longer our application might take?
No, unfortunately CIC doesn't care what your reasons are, they won't give any specific updates or process it any quicker. You can really only ask your MP to get involved once your time goes beyond the posted time on CIC's website.

However feel free to send Manila a case specific inquiry on the status of your app. Worst case scenario is you simply don't get a response or it will just be a generic one with no real info.

Also, we planned on travelling in March and hoped to get PR before then since she will have to send her passport to Manila (right?)
No, Koreans are visa-exempt so don't need a visa placed into their passport. At most Manila could ask her to send a copy of her passport pages to them, which I believe you can just photocopy and then email or mail it.

During processing she is free to travel in and out of Canada as she likes.

If her address on file is in Canada, once her PR is approved they will mail her COPR directly to Canadian address, and you can just go to closest USA land border to do her PR landing.