+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

besboosa

Star Member
Apr 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I am sending in pictures of my spouse and me, my family who was present and her mother and sisters, my first question is do I need to label the names and relationship to me or her at the back of the photos, is that a requirement or just something that would help the application? Also in the additional family information I just listed her brothers and sisters, do I need to list her aunt

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
besboosa said:
So I am sending in pictures of my spouse and me, my family who was present and her mother and sisters, my first question is do I need to label the names and relationship to me or her at the back of the photos, is that a requirement or just something that would help the application? Also in the additional family information I just listed her brothers and sisters, do I need to list her aunt
It is a good idea to list the names of people in the photos so the visa officer gets an idea of the different people you and your spouse spent time with. We listed them as in 3rd person (so for example: Mary's sister, Lisa.).

For additional family, you don't list aunts, uncles, cousins, or grandparents. You only list parents, spouse, children, and siblings.

Skyline29

Aug 11, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2014
Doc's Request.
Dependant fill out form & sent documents
AOR Received.
File in Ecas feb 19, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Skyline29 said:
I'm present residing at angus Ontario , I'm been here at canada 4years going to 5 years on February, I'm came here to work as caregiver then I get married September 2013 , my husband is a Canadian citizen then instead I apply my caregiver application , we apply family sponsor / spouse together with that I have my Open work permit application too we send that January 2014 then come back February coz some of form is not updated so we update that then send it again same month February then by August I think then send back my application of open work permit coz they say I own them 5$ coz the processing fee is increase 5$ before it's 150 then increase 155 so they told to me to resend that when I have receive a letter from immigration so my work permit is expired that time so I need to get a status here so the fast to get is visitor permit to remain in canada but the thing is my Ohip is already expired too & I'm pregnant so everytime I go for check up I'm paying something, my question is is there anything I can do to have a letter for immigration for applying of my open work permit so that I can get a OHiP or any letter can I give to Get Ohip card , my due date is 2nd weeks of February , when I submit that application the processing time before is 9month then it when up as the month goes by:( I just want to apply my open permit & get a Ohip & bring my son here in canada to wait for the decision of my application of permanent residence .
Hope u could help me , thank u very much for help, god bless

I read / see this cic news - The government of Canada has launched a pilot program issuing open work permits to certain spouses and common-law partners of Canadian citizens and permanent residents in the Spouses or Common-Law Partners in Canada class (SCLPC). Applicants making an Inland application (i.e. while residing in Canada) for permanent immigration to Canada may now be issued open work permits before the ‘approval in principle’ decision has been made on their application.

So what this means that inland sponsor spouse can apply now even no 1st approval for the application hows that work or is there a form for the spouse for OWP? Please help or any advice , thank u very much:)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Skyline29 said:
So what this means that inland sponsor spouse can apply now even no 1st approval for the application hows that work or is there a form for the spouse for OWP? Please help or any advice , thank u very much:)
What is your current status? Your previous posts say that your OWP app was returned and you were told by CIC to apply for Restoration. Did you do this?

Skyline29

Aug 11, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Upfront medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
canuck_in_uk said:
What is your current status? Your previous posts say that your OWP app was returned and you were told by CIC to apply for Restoration. Did you do this?
Yup I did so My current status is visitor visa.

Thanks for reply:)

Skyline29

Aug 11, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Upfront medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
canuck_in_uk said:
Then yes, you can submit an OWP app now.

And seriously, STOP SPAMMING THE FORUM.
Thanks for the reply
Sorry if I ask same question in different forum I don't intend any harm or spamming the forum I'm just worried & looking for an answer , & again my apologies & thanks.

princeA23

Jan 1, 2015
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and I would appreciate any kind of help for my current situation. Thanks to everyone

So, I'm a Canadian citizen (Quebec - Born here - I also speak French) and my girlfriend is currently living in the US (Maryland). I'm 22 years old (23 in March) and she's 27. We met last summer and we fell in love with each other. She's the girl of my life, and we're planning on getting married but only in a couple years (4-5 years). We did a couple trips together (US, Dominican Republic, Montreal). We got a bunch of pictures, emails, and proof that we're together.

Basically, she wants to live and work in Montreal, Canada and we were wondering what would the best option to make the process. We want to be together as soon as possible. I heard that Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will commence issuing open work permits to certain spouse or common-law partner in Canada class applicants before the approval in principle decision is made but..I don't think she'll be eligible for this..we never lived together for more than 12 months (we were just living the long distance relationship..traveling..skype..facebook..you get the point) and we're not married yet.

We don't want to be forced to get married just so she can live here (Sponsor Spouse)..A marriage takes time and investment & it's not the right time for that.

Anyways we just feel so stuck and block..We love each other so much and all we want is to spend the rest of our lives together.

I also would like to know how much money does she needs if I can sponsor her.

About my girlfriend: She only speak English, but she's planning on learning French once she's going to live here. She got 5 year background in healthcare, 4 years as a medical assistant/OR tech in pain management, and over 10 years in various customer service and management positions.

Thank you guys and Happy New year :)

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
princeA23 said:
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and I would appreciate any kind of help for my current situation. Thanks to everyone

So, I'm a Canadian citizen (Quebec - Born here - I also speak French) and my girlfriend is currently living in the US (Maryland). I'm 22 years old (23 in March) and she's 27. We met last summer and we fell in love with each other. She's the girl of my life, and we're planning on getting married but only in a couple years (4-5 years). We did a couple trips together (US, Dominican Republic, Montreal). We got a bunch of pictures, emails, and proof that we're together.

Basically, she wants to live and work in Montreal, Canada and we were wondering what would the best option to make the process. We want to be together as soon as possible. I heard that Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will commence issuing open work permits to certain spouse or common-law partner in Canada class applicants before the approval in principle decision is made but..I don't think she'll be eligible for this..we never lived together for more than 12 months (we were just living the long distance relationship..traveling..skype..facebook..you get the point) and we're not married yet.

We don't want to be forced to get married just so she can live here (Sponsor Spouse)..A marriage takes time and investment & it's not the right time for that.

Anyways we just feel so stuck and block..We love each other so much and all we want is to spend the rest of our lives together.

I also would like to know how much money does she needs if I can sponsor her.

About my girlfriend: She only speak English, but she's planning on learning French once she's going to live here. She got 5 year background in healthcare, 4 years as a medical assistant/OR tech in pain management, and over 10 years in various customer service and management positions.

Thank you guys and Happy New year :)
If you don't want to get married, then your option will be for her to come to Canada as a visitor and live with you for 12 months. She will have to extend her status as a visitor before the 6 month mark, as the visitor status is only valid for 6 months (or less if the border officer at entry stamps and early date to depart into her passport). She won't be able to work during this time while she is on visitor status, unless she is able to secure a work permit. Once you have lived together for 12 months, you will be able to sponsor her as common law. Of course you could also move to be with her in the uS to complete the 12 months of cohabitation, or split your time between the two countries. You could research Canadian Experience Class or FSW and see if she qualifies to become PR based on her own personal employment background. If she doesn't, then you may either have to wait u til you qualify as common law or get married to be able to sponsor her,

Lotus2015

Jan 1, 2015
Hi,
May I ask if I am able to sponsor my son without his father consent? I am divorced and I have PR, and I have the full custody of my son. I have official proof from the court that my ex-husband used to assaulted with no reason.
Waiting eagerly for your kind response

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Dear friends,

I am PR holder in Canada and will travel to India on 7th Feb to get married on 14th Feb. I will return to Canada on 01 March and plan to submit our sponsorship and application documents to CPC in the first week of March 2015.

I am working here with a bank and will get my T-4 most likely in the first or second week of February and file my tax return thereafter.

I will need to submit original Option C printout for the most recent taxation year. If I order Option C printout say in the third week of this month, I will get it in about 10-14 days but it will be for the tax year 2013. Should I include this in my application with proof of employment, copy of T-4, salary slips and an explanation that Option C printout for 2014 will be submitted later. If yes, where and how will I be able to send it? To CPC-Mississauga or NDVO?

The other option is to return to Canada and order Option C form at that time in March which may delay application submission by 3-4 weeks.

Just in case, is there a CRA number to order Option C printout from outside Canada?

Wishing every one a Happy and Successful New Year 2015 !!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
vermas said:
I will need to submit original Option C printout for the most recent taxation year. If I order Option C printout say in the third week of this month, I will get it in about 10-14 days but it will be for the tax year 2013. Should I include this in my application with proof of employment, copy of T-4, salary slips and an explanation that Option C printout for 2014 will be submitted later. If yes, where and how will I be able to send it? To CPC-Mississauga or NDVO?

The other option is to return to Canada and order Option C form at that time in March which may delay application submission by 3-4 weeks.

Just in case, is there a CRA number to order Option C printout from outside Canada?
The 2013 one is acceptable, as that will still be considered the most recent taxation year until the 2014 tax deadline. Don't bother with the 2014 Option C unless CIC requests it, which is unlikely.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Madzy said:
Hi,

I am an Indian citizen married to Canadian citizen. I will complete 6months of my stay in Canada in Jan 2015. Applying for my extension. So, that we can go ahead with the PR process here in Canada. I have few questions to ask before I make a decision of applying Inland or Outland:~

--If I choose to apply for Inland, and have a open work permit and leave the country and won't get back ? Will my application gets cancelled?
-- If I apply for inland, and if I need to leave canada with my husband to US on TN visa? What happenes to my application?

Thank you.. It would be a great pleasure if someone advice me, before I take a step further!!
this question was posted in another thread, so there is no need to repost it. i suggest going back to the other thread for answers to your questions.

algrn

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How do I check average timeliness of various status update during the application process.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
algrn said:
How do I check average timeliness of various status update during the application process.
You can't. The only information CIC posts is the overall processing times averages.