Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
Joe2013 said:
Hi Leon and all,

Today I had a consultation and based on my informations they've suggested to do an outland sponsorship for my wife and my son.

Basically on our relationship they will not have doubts, we are married since 2001 and we have a kid 3,5y.o.

My wife work permit (TFW with LMO) expires in mid Feb 2015, and if we apply let's say on June 1st she should get it in 44days + 8 months (Poland) she has actually dual citizenship Poland and Italy.
Our son, mine and her dependent has a visitor record expiring at the end of Jan 2015

Do we have to address the application to Mississaugua and ask that we want to apply in POLAND and not in Italy? (her initial application (IEC) was done in Rome , we used to live in Italy)

Pros:
In case of emergency and she needs to travel she can do it.
In May 2015 she has our nephew confirmation, and she wants to be there.
It's faster.
Right of appeal, even if I don't know why they should deny her (No criminal, good health).

Cons:
She will have to stop working after mid Feb 2015. So she will have 1/2 months of rest. (Does she need to apply for a visitor visa 30 days before the expiry date)
Does she and my son lose the Ontario Health? (we have to buy a private insurance for 2 months?)

I hope it's clear enough in order to receive some advice and/or directions.

Last issue, I'm a PR with no PR card but with 2 years and 1 month in the last five and a previous withdrew PR application accepted (I screw up last year with no consequences).
They said (Cic agents) that I have a red flag (because they figure out that I didn't meet the obligations at the time), but the lawyer said that the only thing that they can do is questions, interviews again questions to understand why I didn't meet the Residency (in the previous application), but they can look exclusively at the 5 years previous the date of the application.

Anyway I decided to don't apply for a PR card, and in the worse case scenario that someone of my family in Italy has a serious issue that require my physical presence there, I will leave the country with all my documentation to prove my presence here in the last 2 years and I will apply in Rome for a Permit to travel.

What do you think?
Do you see any potential problems in my picture?

Thanks a lot to all.

Your answer usually help me to sleep better.

one of the potential problems in ur case is,should ur wife be denied of the visiting visa and be caught in the family class there will a raise of an eye brow,vo usually thinks applicants always want to do anything to get to canada so the begine to suspect in anycase,if she can get the visitors visa to canada then the best is to apply inland though it takes time,complications arent too much as compared to outland

michaella1964

Nov 16, 2012
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2013
File Transfer...
AIP 21-01-2014
Med's Request
23-01-2014
hi can someone pls answr this question wenn are now in the waiting stage after criminal records and medical were received by cic,now they asked for finger prints what does tha mean and are we in the last stage or what is happening now we are listed in 2nd stage in process,does someone now the steps of stages it goes by so I know where wwe are standing thank you :-*

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
michaella1964 said:
hi can someone pls answr this question wenn are now in the waiting stage after criminal records and medical were received by cic,now they asked for finger prints what does tha mean and are we in the last stage or what is happening now we are listed in 2nd stage in process,does someone now the steps of stages it goes by so I know where wwe are standing thank you :-*
who's finger prints,are u the principal applicant
how long have ur application spent with them and where is ur cic center

michaella1964

Nov 16, 2012
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2013
File Transfer...
AIP 21-01-2014
Med's Request
23-01-2014
Ghanaboy said:
who's finger prints,are u the principal applicant
how long have ur application spent with them and where is ur cic center
im the spouse that is sponsoring my husband
and its his fingerprints the requested its already done yesterday
im from last year march 2013
we have been in Canada together for 3 years now
cic center is vegreville

michaella1964

Nov 16, 2012
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2013
File Transfer...
AIP 21-01-2014
Med's Request
23-01-2014
and also why the prints since we have already done the police clearance,so why prints in canada

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Ponga said:
You cannot not apply through a US visa office without being a US citizen. You must either apply to the visa office in India, or come to Canada with your husband and apply Inland...provided that you are able to enter Canada as a visitor, of course.
This is not true. Those who are admitted to the US or Canada for one year or more may apply via the US offices (Ottawa, NYC or LA) as appropriate.

simran91

May 20, 2014
I am amazed by quick responses of forum! Smiley Smiley Smiley
I will apply for PR of my wife by 1st week of june. Also, she is applying for masters in january session. Hopefully she gets admit.In that case, should I send admit afterwards? Will that speed up the process?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
simran91 said:
I will apply for PR of my wife by 1st week of june. Also, she is applying for masters in january session. Hopefully she gets admit.In that case, should I send admit afterwards? Will that speed up the process?
No - this won't speed up the process.

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
simran91 said:
if u are sponsoring her outland,do not let cic think she is going because of school and not family reunification

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
This is not true. Those who are admitted to the US or Canada for one year or more may apply via the US offices (Ottawa, NYC or LA) as appropriate.
Yes, I now realize that. Allura71 posted that a person must have a valid visa for at least 1 year.

However it is still partially true, in that a person in Canada (or the US) for < 1 year must apply trough their own visa office.

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Hi Every Body
I am seeking advice to sponsor by spouse. The situation is given as under
I am PR of Canada and already in Canada and doing my studies
My Spouse is on study permit in Canada but her permit expired in Oct 2014
We got married last year in Canada and expecting baby soon.
I am looking to sponsor her for inland application.
Now my concern is how i will extend her Visa, after going through post some people suggest me to apply for open work permit but she hold study permit now and not eligible to get post graduate work permit as not earning degree from here.
But other suggest me that she will only get Open work permit when my inland sponsorship application approved and it will take 10 moths to do so. So as her visa expired before that they suggest me to go for visitor visa.
Can some one guide me in this regard So which one i will use.
So my Question is how i will extend her stay by open work permit with Sponsorship application or apply for visitor visa extension. Can i put both application together or get extension of visitor visa first and than go for sponsorship.

Joe2013

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Ghanaboy said:
one of the potential problems in ur case is,should ur wife be denied of the visiting visa and be caught in the family class there will a raise of an eye brow,vo usually thinks applicants always want to do anything to get to canada so the begine to suspect in anycase,if she can get the visitors visa to canada then the best is to apply inland though it takes time,complications arent too much as compared to outland

Thanks for the reply,

I probably didn't express myself in the right way.

I don't think this can be a big problem, even because she can go back to Poland for a month or two and wait to be landed.

My concern is more regarding the fact that I don't have a PR card (but I do have the residency obligations) I have an hardly legible photocopy IMM 1000 and a verification of status (Cic Agents told me that the VOS is fine but I never read that document on the applications guide).

Ria01

May 23, 2014
Spousal sponsorship

Hey guys can someone please help me out here I got married last year in October and he's from India my timeline is:
23 dec : received by missisauga office
--------: medical reports received
02 mar: file forwarded to Delhi office
28 mar: requested RPRF
28 mar: RPRF paid n received
....... After that I haven't gotten any updates it's been almost 7 months since I've seen him
I really wana go visit him but I hav problems getting time off work anybody know how much time it will
approximately take for them to clear his file so I can visit him and bring him back with me :(

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Ria01 said:
Hey guys can someone please help me out here I got married last year in October and he's from India my timeline is:
23 dec : received by missisauga office
--------: medical reports received
02 mar: file forwarded to Delhi office
28 mar: requested RPRF
28 mar: RPRF paid n received
....... After that I haven't gotten any updates it's been almost 7 months since I've seen him
I really wana go visit him but I hav problems getting time off work anybody know how much time it will
approximately take for them to clear his file so I can visit him and bring him back with me :(
the best ways to get an estimate are to check out the new dehli 2013 and dec 13 threads. there are spreadsheets that track the progress of applications, and you can figure out from there how much longer you will need to wait. i'm sure a senior member will also give you an idea how long the processing time is for your visa office.

jobin007ae

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Hi all, I have submitted my application online on May 5, 2014

is there anyone who applied in May

plz share ur current status and informations regarding this...

once my application has been refused,and I reapplied now.....so I am very much tensed....

guys plz....share urs