Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
1) You can go wherever your wish. But note that NDVO asks for your passport early in the process and hangs on to it. This may hamper your travel plans.
2) NO, it would stay in NDVO
3) If you have an interview, I assume it would be in New Delhi. You will have to go back there for it
4) Like mentioned in #1, NDVO asks for your passport early and hangs on to it. I'm not sure if you can make a request to submit your passport later in the final stages. Other applicants who have dealt with NDVO would know better.

frappCcino

Oct 1, 2013
Hi Guys,

my inland sponsorship application was received recently and is now in-process. Ive notice that my Philippine passport is about to expire on June 2014. Ive included my OWP application together with my application which gives me an implied status right?

Question is:
-Can I apply for a passport renewal here in canada (Philippine embassy), will my status be a problem to get my Phil passport renewed?
-If its ok to renew my passport here, do i need to update CIC on the new passport?

Mela

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I posted this to the Inland thread and then decided maybe it should go here instead.

Hey guys. Brand new to the forum and I'm sweating bullets here seeing people getting AIP before my spouse.

Application received by CIC: March 6, 2013
UCI Number received: March 16, 2013
Immigration transferred file to Winnipeg: January 8, 2014

I am so lost here. I don't know what to expect or what to prepare for. I thought I'd be seeing the AIP and now I'm so in the dark and there's absolutely no way to contact the Winnipeg office to get an idea of why or how long we can expect now. HELP ME PLEASE!!!

hi am there

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keesio said:
1) You can go wherever your wish. But note that NDVO asks for your passport early in the process and hangs on to it. This may hamper your travel plans.
2) NO, it would stay in NDVO
3) If you have an interview, I assume it would be in New Delhi. You will have to go back there for it
4) Like mentioned in #1, NDVO asks for your passport early and hangs on to it. I'm not sure if you can make a request to submit your passport later in the final stages. Other applicants who have dealt with NDVO would know better.

thaks a lot keesio..

Brital

Jan 18, 2014
Hi!

How long would it take to go in Canada after i finished processing all of my documents?
By the help of my husband's sponsorship? And i have a mild scoliosis? Is it a problem for me
to deny and delayed my application in Canada?

Thank you so much

Brital

Jan 18, 2014
Hi Leon!

Can you help me what are those diseases that will affect and delayed my application in
Canada that is sponsored by my husband in Canada?

Is scoliosis may affect the medical exam to for delaying or denying the application?

thank you so much..

pls reply

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Brital said:
Hi Leon!

Can you help me what are those diseases that will affect and delayed my application in
Canada that is sponsored by my husband in Canada?

Is scoliosis may affect the medical exam to for delaying or denying the application?

thank you so much..

pls reply
It will NOT be a reason to reject the application.

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
Brital said:
is mild scoliosis might be the problem to deny my application in canada?

thank you so much
it may be delayed, but not denied.

Factors that may delay processing

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999Etoc.asp
The following factors may delay the processing of your application:

a medical condition that may require additional tests or consultations

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op15-eng.pdf
Exemptions from inadmissibility on grounds of excessive demand [due to medical condition]
As per R24 and R139(4), excessive demand determinations under A38(1)(c) do not
apply to:
 individuals who are members of the family class: spouse

If they require additional tests and consultations, even internal ones, there may be a delay (but not by much) but you are definitely exempt from being inadmissible (that is, you will not be denied for that medical condition alone).

Jnp

Jan 18, 2014
Hi,

I need some advice..

I'm from Brazil, I met my boyfriend five months ago online ,trough a friend of mine, we talk everyday trough Skype and emails. last month we went to the Caribbean for a 9 days vacation. we are very in love with each other, and we would love to spend some more time together and move the relationship to next level. our question is. Can I apply for a visitor visa? Can I say I'm going to visit my boyfriend? Please I need some advice.

Regards

Jp

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Jnp said:
Hi,

I need some advice..

I'm from Brazil, I met my boyfriend five months ago online ,trough a friend of mine, we talk everyday trough Skype and emails. last month we went to the Caribbean for a 9 days vacation. we are very in love with each other, and we would love to spend some more time together and move the relationship to next level. our question is. Can I apply for a visitor visa? Can I say I'm going to visit my boyfriend? Please I need some advice.
Yes - you can apply for a visitor visa. It's probably a bad idea to specifically say that you are coming to visit your boyfriend. Probably best to say that you are just coming as a tourist. To be approved, you will have to show that you have strong ties to Brazil and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term.

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
Hi,
My in-law is diagnosed with breast cancer and had a surgery done. She now need to go through çhemotherapy. We are looking for the chemotherapy done in Canada. However, she doesn't have a visa to enter Canada? Do you think I can apply for visitor visa with the medical history that she has and have a medical treatment done in Canada? How soon can I get the visitor visa? We need to do the chemotherapy ASAP…
Thanks
VPS

Sep 19, 2013
Hi,

I am in the process of sending the application to sponsor my wife along with the proofs. Any idea how can i send the pictures or videos ?

Can I just burn them on a CD?

Thank you,

misisnicocoy

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2013
Doc's Request.
21-10-2013
AOR Received.
09-10-2013
File Transfer...
18-11-2013
Med's Request
21-10-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2013
Passport Req..
29-05-2014-In God's Perfect Time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time
LANDED..........
In God's Perfect Time
needsomeadvice said:
Hi,

I am in the process of sending the application to sponsor my wife along with the proofs. Any idea how can i send the pictures or videos ?

Thank you,
Only hard copies are allowed just print the pics put them in an envelope... Cds and other electronic devices are not allowed

princessice

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11, 2013
AOR Received.
December 17,2013
File Transfer...
December 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 14, 2013
Passport Req..
June 18,2014
needsomeadvice said:
Hi,

Thank you,
Hi need! I believe sending a cd is a no-no. What is your visa office? There are specific instructions given in the manual for sponsorship and pr application for spouse depending on the visa office that'll process your application. For my visa office, it was specifically instructed to not send files in cds, musical greeting cards, and photos in albums or binders. Instruction says to provide copies of "loose" photos.