+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Sep 19, 2013
princessice said:
Hi need! I believe sending a cd is a no-no. What is your visa office? There are specific instructions given in the manual for sponsorship and pr application for spouse depending on the visa office that'll process your application. For my visa office, it was specifically instructed to not send files in cds, musical greeting cards, and photos in albums or binders. Instruction says to provide copies of "loose" photos.

Thank you guys. My visa office is Beirut. Any tips/ hints?

Yours,

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
That's correct. There is NO way that a Visa Officer is going to insert a received media device of any kind into a CIC workstation.
It will almost certainly be removed from the application package and either destroyed or returned back to the sender. My money is on the first...

tweetybird

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2014. Sponsor Approval : June 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
PGR: august 5, 2014
File Transfer...
June 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 7, 2014
Passport Req..
October 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made: Nov 6,2014
LANDED..........
Nov 20, 2014
The spouce sponsorship forms on the cic website have been updated. We filled out our forms in august but are waiting for the medical and now we have to redo the application forms. For those who haven't sent them in yet check your dates at the bottem left of each page. Wouldn't want the VO to send them back!

kenzah

Jan 18, 2014
Hi, I am new on this page. I have a question for you. Can you help me what can I do, if I got married with a Canadian Citizen more than 2 years. I left Canada for 6 weeks, because my mother passed away. I came back as a visitor, now we would like to apply for a permanent resident status, and my husband would be my sponsor. But I saw we have to be married LESS than 2 years. So, I am confused, I just don't know what to do.. Can you help me please? Thank you!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
kenzah said:
Hi, I am new on this page. I have a question for you. Can you help me what can I do, if I got married with a Canadian Citizen more than 2 years. I left Canada for 6 weeks, because my mother passed away. I came back as a visitor, now we would like to apply for a permanent resident status, and my husband would be my sponsor. But I saw whe have to be married LESS then 2 years. So, I am confused, I just don't know what to do.. Can you help me please? Thank you!
I have no idea what you have been reading, but there is no problem with your husband applying to sponsor you. Please don't panic!

yani11

Aug 16, 2013
Hey i want to ask so. Im pakistani girl My husband sponsored me from canada in july 2013 and after one month he got acknowledgment letter and my file forwarded to vo. Now ecas status is app received medical result received. Can you people tell me how soon i will get my ppr and why the status page also showing my home mailing address.. Sorry for these stupid questions but m dying to see my husband.. Cant live without him :(

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
yani11 said:
Hey i want to ask so. Im pakistani girl My husband sponsored me from canada in july 2013 and after one month he got acknowledgment letter and my file forwarded to vo. Now ecas status is app received medical result received. Can you people tell me how soon i will get my ppr and why the status page also showing my home mailing address.. Sorry for these stupid questions but m dying to see my husband.. Cant live without him :(
I'm sorry to say that every case is different and nobody can say exactly how long it will take. All you can do is be patient and watch your (e)mail box. You might want to join some of the threads that deal with spousal sponsorship from your Visa Office.

For example, http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/chc-islamabad-spouse-sponsorship-timeline-2012-2013-t103544.0.html might be of interest as a starting point.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kenzah said:
Hi, I am new on this page. I have a question for you. Can you help me what can I do, if I got married with a Canadian Citizen more than 2 years. I left Canada for 6 weeks, because my mother passed away. I came back as a visitor, now we would like to apply for a permanent resident status, and my husband would be my sponsor. But I saw we have to be married LESS than 2 years. So, I am confused, I just don't know what to do.. Can you help me please? Thank you!
No, you don't have to be married less than 2 years to apply. There is a new rule that says that IF someone is married for less than 2 years, they will only get a conditional 2-year PR which will be renewed only if they are still together 2 years later. As you are married for more than 2 years, that rule does not apply to you.

Saied

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 31, 2012
File Transfer...
March, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
January, 2014; Passport sent on Jan 19, 2014; passport dispatched back from Singapore on Feb 7,2014. eCase status showing "Decision Made" 9/2/14....
VISA ISSUED...
February 5, 2014
LANDED..........
yes and life is beautiful
hey there,
Can anyone tell me what the expected waiting time is between submission and return of my passport for spousal immigration Permanent Residence Visa?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Saied said:
hey there,
Can anyone tell me what the expected waiting time is between submission and return of my passport for spousal immigration Permanent Residence Visa?
It really depends on the visa office. Some visa offices request the passport when they are ready to issue the visa. Other visa offices (e.g. Manila, ND) request the passport at the start of the process.

msingh2013

Feb 19, 2013
I filed an application to sponsor my wife from India in earlier in 2013. Four months ago, she was asked to redo her medicals because the VO wanted to verify something. The medical results were fine and the medical office submitted them just in time, right after Christmas. But my wife's sponsorship application has been "In Process" since mid December 2013, without any update since. Does anyone know how long it typically takes before a decision is made? What does "In Process" typically mean? Isn't everyone's application "In Process" after it is submitted?

Thank you!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
No, "in process" means that they have started the processing of the applicant paperwork. Before that, it's just in "application received" state. It could be "in process" for days or months...

Jan 19, 2014
Hi I'm married since July 12 2012 . My husband is in srilanka still. I sent all the application forms by June 2013 and got first reponse by August of 2013 saying that I'am eligible for sponsor. Later on my husband received a letter telling him to write an financial plan in writing as to how he will support himself. Do these officers look at the wife's income in detail because I sent them everything regarding my financial aspect.Later in October of 2013, we got a refusal letter its because of financial reasons that it got rejected. so we sent the appeal form and working with a lawyer now. so how long do I have to wait now?

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2013 (sent January 2 2014, DM January 16 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
msingh2013 said:
I filed an application to sponsor my wife from India in earlier in 2013. Four months ago, she was asked to redo her medicals because the VO wanted to verify something. The medical results were fine and the medical office submitted them just in time, right after Christmas. But my wife's sponsorship application has been "In Process" since mid December 2013, without any update since. Does anyone know how long it typically takes before a decision is made? What does "In Process" typically mean? Isn't everyone's application "In Process" after it is submitted?

Thank you!
It does depend on the office and also the officer involved. Is your application out of New Delhi? I have seen on some people's timeline up to a year 'in process' , however this seems to be the exception rather than the rule. You might want to check the ND thread to get a gauge from other people's timelines what the born is. I suspect if they asked for remedical that they would get back to you within ten months at least as the medical is only good for one year. I hope it's much sooner than that. You may hear from them any day now as well. It's not much of a comforting answer I know. Perhaps you can order notes to see what if any concerns they are having with your file. Good luck. I hope you get a positive answer soon

msingh2013

Feb 19, 2013
toutesweet said:
It does depend on the office and also the officer involved. Is your application out of New Delhi? I have seen on some people's timeline up to a year 'in process' , however this seems to be the exception rather than the rule. You might want to check the ND thread to get a gauge from other people's timelines what the born is. I suspect if they asked for remedical that they would get back to you within ten months at least as the medical is only good for one year. I hope it's much sooner than that. You may hear from them any day now as well. It's not much of a comforting answer I know. Perhaps you can order notes to see what if any concerns they are having with your file. Good luck. I hope you get a positive answer soon
Thanks! Yes, the office is New Delhi. The remedicals were to get some further tests done for the chest. So it wasn't the same medicals as the first round because they suspect TB, which turned out to be negative. Or this the same as re-medicals? I really hope we don't have to wait another year for it.