Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
ifoundlove said:
Could someone please clarify? Is an AOR sent out when a file is transferred to the secondary VO (in my case, Singapore)? If so, is the letter sent to the applicant or sponsor?
Sometimes, but no guarantee. If a letter is sent, normally it would be sent to the applicant. CIC is not terribly consistent though (my PPR was sent to the sponsor - my spouse).

Saied

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 31, 2012
File Transfer...
March, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
January, 2014; Passport sent on Jan 19, 2014; passport dispatched back from Singapore on Feb 7,2014. eCase status showing "Decision Made" 9/2/14....
VISA ISSUED...
February 5, 2014
LANDED..........
yes and life is beautiful
remonda said:
Congratulation .but why they are asking for a medical do you mean redo your medical?ok i think it is a good news okbalna
Thank you. Yes, they asked me to do medical again. :)

Saied

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 31, 2012
File Transfer...
March, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
January, 2014; Passport sent on Jan 19, 2014; passport dispatched back from Singapore on Feb 7,2014. eCase status showing "Decision Made" 9/2/14....
VISA ISSUED...
February 5, 2014
LANDED..........
yes and life is beautiful
nona_nabil said:
hi guys

can any one help me please and answer my question????
What's your query?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
nona_nabil said:
Hi
my husband is Canadian by birth and he lived in Egypt from his childhood , we were married from 2 years and have a son (1 years old) and got him a proof of Canadian citizenship, at October 2013 my husband decided to move to Canada to work and live there and to apply for sponsorship for me, he got a temporary work for 3 months and joined a college for an 8 months full time program that will end in august 2014 and applied for study loan and approved,

now his temporary work ended and he still studying in college and search for a new job, he waits for option C paper after one month, he has 1000$ remaining from his savings plus 4000$ dollar from the loan (he will be required to pay for the loan after one year from completing his study and for 10 years later), so if he applied for sponsorship:

1) this loan will make his application rejected?
2) can he apply when he study, with no job?
3) do i need to prepare any papers from my son, other than his passport?
4) after he finish his study, can he visit egypt and return to canada again when he is committed to a study loan?

best regards
(1) No.
(2) Yes, but he will need to explain to CIC how he will provide for you so that you do not need social assistance. In doing this, CIC will consider his skills, assets and earning abilities as well as yours.
(3) No. He is a Canadian citizen, so he must be permitted to enter Canada.
(4) Absolutely. CIC doesn't care about his educational loans.

nervousme

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Canada- Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2012
Med's Done....
26-02-2013, Re-done Sept 2014
Interview........
Decision made Mar 09, 2015
Has anyone had any luck when calling the Bucharest office? We tried calling and they say they DO NOT answer to any questions over the phone, just via fax or via Email.

And if so how long before you heard back?

I was informed from the CIC here in Canada that on Nov 29 they sent a request to Bucharest for them to get in touch with my Spouses Minor Daughter for info, but her mom says she hasn't heard anything yet. I am wondering how long it takes of if the Bucharest office has even attempted to get in touch with her yet, or if they got the request from Vegreville as it states on our file.

Any help on finding out how to get info would be greatly appreciated.

aneta35

Jan 15, 2014
Hi! I hope that somebody can help me. My story is
1. My husband is a PR in Canada for over 16 years(he did the test for citizen but he didin't pass it was in 2003, he didin't bother since then).He is sponsoring me to Canada inland application.
2. We send my application in september 2012 but it was sended back in december 2012 due to one mistake. We fixed that mistake and sended application back in january 2013.
3 February 7th 2013 my husband received a letter that my application is cofirmed.
4. November 18 we received letters from CIC that we have meet the eligibility requirements for PR. The letter says also that I can applay for the open work permit and the study permit.
They also asked me for medical and background check for me and my husband( I have send that the first time we filed application, but that one expired- I made a phone call to CIC to make sure).
5 I have done what they asked for and send that to them in december 2013.
6. I received the letter from CIC today quote
" We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The CIC in Hamilton, ON will contact you concerning your permanent resident status.
Please note At the time of your appointment you and your family members if any will be required to present the original documents to the CIC. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time'
I would like to know what that does it mean? How long do I have to wait to recevie something from Hamilton office?
Thank you for any response.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
aneta35 said:
Hi! I hope that somebody can help me. My story is
1. My husband is a PR in Canada for over 16 years(he did the test for citizen but he didin't pass it was in 2003, he didin't bother since then).He is sponsoring me to Canada inland application.
2. We send my application in september 2012 but it was sended back in december 2012 due to one mistake. We fixed that mistake and sended application back in january 2013.
3 February 7th 2013 my husband received a letter that my application is cofirmed.
4. November 18 we received letters from CIC that we have meet the eligibility requirements for PR. The letter says also that I can applay for the open work permit and the study permit.
They also asked me for medical and background check for me and my husband( I have send that the first time we filed application, but that one expired- I made a phone call to CIC to make sure).
5 I have done what they asked for and send that to them in december 2013.
6. I received the letter from CIC today quote
" We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The CIC in Hamilton, ON will contact you concerning your permanent resident status.
Please note At the time of your appointment you and your family members if any will be required to present the original documents to the CIC. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time'
I would like to know what that does it mean? How long do I have to wait to recevie something from Hamilton office?
Thank you for any response.
It means they have granted you your PR status and Hamilton will be contacting you via snail mail for your landing date. Congratulations! :D How long you have to wait, I am not sure, but I would guess maybe a couple weeks based on what I have read about others landing in Hamilton.

nona_nabil

Jan 15, 2014
computergeek said:
(1) No.
(2) Yes, but he will need to explain to CIC how he will provide for you so that you do not need social assistance. In doing this, CIC will consider his skills, assets and earning abilities as well as yours.
thanks computerjeek for reply

aneta35

Jan 15, 2014
Thank you so much for your response. I'm so stressed by all of that. I hope that they will send something soon because wewill be moving out at the and of Feb. I will do the mail forward but I read here that Canada post do not forward CIC mail? Is that true? Or should I notify CIC that Im moving out?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
aneta35 said:
Thank you so much for your response. I'm so stressed by all of that. I hope that they will send something soon because wewill be moving out at the and of Feb. I will do the mail forward but I read here that Canada post do not forward CIC mail? Is that true? Or should I notify CIC that Im moving out?
I would suggest that you order forwarding. In addition, I would suggest that you send a written letter to the Hamilton office advising them of your new address and requesting they send any correspondence to that address. Make sure to mention your file number as well as the UCI for the sponsor and applicant in that letter - it makes it more likely they will match up your letter with your file. Then a few weeks after you send the letter to the local office, you should call the Call Centre to confirm the address with them. Don't trust the Call Centre to update your address and make sure you get confirmation of delivery on the letter.

CIC loses quite a bit of what is sent to them. I hope they won't in your case, but it DOES happen.

Follow up every month or so with the Call Centre to confirm that they haven't tried to contact you to schedule a landing appointment. After three months, ask the MP for your riding to inquire on your behalf - that often seems to be enough to make it happen.

Congratulations!

laarose

Jan 15, 2014
Hello Everyone.
I have a question: how long sponsored wife from another country must to be married to canadian citizen and live or pretend that she lives with him at mutual address in Canada before she can separate or divorce legally? Here is a situation: she has an arranged marriage since September, 2011 and, as I know, didn’t have papers until very resent time, I don’t think she even got them yet. Being legally married she met another man and since November, 2013 moved in with new boyfriend. There is no proof that it was arranged marriage, but is there a way to report her and get some actions done? Generally speaking, can she get away with this?

remonda

Star Member
Aug 30, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
(1) No.
Hi nona_nabil iam also from Egypt but my condition is different my sponsor is canadian citizen and he is living with us here .so i couldnt reply for ur questions .ok we can share other information about our time line as we have the same vo
App sent to missssauga on 14 nov 2013
Approved sponsor on 16 12 2013
My status now applicaton recieved medical recieved and no AOR from cairo vo
What is ur time line and did you recieve any mail from them ?
Thanks

saeedar

Star Member
Oct 7, 2012
Hi,
My spouse sponsorship was approved recently and she got a letter saying that my application has been sent to London office.

Should I receive a letter or they would update application status online when London office receives my application?

Thanks!

tylers21

Jan 16, 2014
Please Help!!

I am an American citizen (21) of the united states and ave been staying off and on in canada over a year now. I have no legal status to be here just tell the boarder guards im coming up for a show and stay for a few months before heading back to the states. I have been living with my girlfriend for a year now in Vancouver and we are ready to get married and i would love to actually live here here legally and be able to work. She is 24 and makes pretty good money ( around 15/hr full time as a supervisor). We have a lot of solid evidence that were a couple including pictures wit each others family's during the holidays and what not. just don't really know where to start with the whole thing, and if the fact that i have been living here for a while will make it harder or even easier for me to get approved.
THANKS!!