App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
maha10 said:
hi @ leon can u guide me is cic accept telephone nikha?for sponcering spouse
From http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf Page 37.

Telephone marriage
A marriage in which one of the participants is not physically present and is
not represented by a proxy but participates directly by telephone is a legal
marriage if it is legally recognized according to the law of the place where it
occurred. This is a legal marriage for immigration purposes provided it
meets the Canadian federal requirements, with respect to consanguinity and
polygamy/bigamy.

KTCYYZ

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
Med's Done....
30-07-2013
Please help with IMM 0008.

In section asking for whether I have used a nickname or alias is this referring to any government documents only?or even casually with friends or emails?

I ask because I have never used any aliases or nicknames for government forms.
But my name being hard to pronounce in English I have an English name to which my friends and spouse refers to me in emails.

Thanks for help in advance.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
KTCYYZ said:
Please help with IMM 0008.

In section asking for whether I have used a nickname or alias is this referring to any government documents only?or even casually with friends or emails?

I ask because I have never used any aliases or nicknames for government forms.
But my name being hard to pronounce in English I have an English name to which my friends and spouse refers to me in emails.

Thanks for help in advance.
I think it means any nickname, used socially or not.

nsr

Jan 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
AOR Received.
8-01-2012(Mississauga) 28-03-2012 (buffalo)
File Transfer...
26-01-2012
Med's Request
25-07-2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2011, 26 July,2013
Interview........
July 2013-passed
Passport Req..
21-08-2013, sent on 27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06 september, 2013
LANDED..........
27 september, 2013
Hey Guys,

I was here in canada on student permit which was expired in august 2013. I applied for extension as visitor in july 2013. I was sponsored by my wife in spousal category and was about to finalize in few months. So I landed in end of september 2013 and became permanent resident. I called them after my landing to cancel that application(extension as a visitor). Call centre people said they will deny your application and refund your money because when they will process your application, they will see in system that you already landed as PR. But they processed my application week ago and issued me visitor record paper.

My question is why they did that? Now I have dual status as visitor and permanent resident. Do I need to do something and surrender my visitor record or just ignore it?

any replied would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

guru_guru

Oct 8, 2013
nsr said:
Hey Guys,

I was here in canada on student permit which was expired in august 2013. I applied for extension as visitor in july 2013. I was sponsored by my wife in spousal category and was about to finalize in few months. So I landed in end of september 2013 and became permanent resident. I called them after my landing to cancel that application(extension as a visitor). Call centre people said they will deny your application and refund your money because when they will process your application, they will see in system that you already landed as PR. But they processed my application week ago and issued me visitor record paper.

My question is why they did that? Now I have dual status as visitor and permanent resident. Do I need to do something and surrender my visitor record or just ignore it?

any replied would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I think u should go to ur nearest immigration office in person to clear any doubts. also u can get ur fee back, if possible. On phone, these people don't care for u.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there any statistics or survey as to which port of entry (by international flight) is more convenient for 1st time landed immigrants: Toronto OR Vancouver? (in terms of less waiting time, friendlier immigration officer etc.)

maulikinjal

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23, 2014
AOR Received.
SA Recieved: August 19th 2014
Med's Request
IN PROCESS: January 2nd 2015
Med's Done....
June 15th, 2014
Interview........
DM: February 17th, 2015
Passport Req..
February 13th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 23rd,2015
Hi People,

I am permanent resident of Canada. I want to sponsor my wife who is back home. I have some questions. Please reply them as soon as possible.

1) There are 2 types of forms; (a) immigration forms (6 forms) and (b) sponsorship forms (5 forms) so my question is immigration forms are to be fill by my wife and sponsorship forms are to be filled by me?

2) In the form IMM0008ENU (Immigration Form) does my wife have to fill anything in dependent category? as in my details?

Please do the needful.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
goodman36 said:
Is there any statistics or survey as to which port of entry (by international flight) is more convenient for 1st time landed immigrants: Toronto OR Vancouver? (in terms of less waiting time, friendlier immigration officer etc.)
No - there are no such statistics available.

CapeCanadian

Oct 29, 2013
b4roness said:
Hi guys,

What's this i head that Spousal's can do their medical up front, aka before sending in the app and waiting for that client I.D. that's given to the doc doing the medical?

Holy $$%#%#%^ i'm going in circles here. The doctor said he needs that I.D. now that it's all done online... my legal assistant is telling me otherwise...

The heck do I do?

I need to apply within the next week or so, before my U.S. clearance expires =(((

Angie
Hi Angie,
Yes, you can do the medicals prior to submitting the application and would advise to do so. You do not need an ID. As of last month in the country I am doing it from (South Africa) it is done be electronic filing and they are matched up to your application. The doctor will give you proof that it has been completed which you put in your application package.

miyyal

Oct 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JAN 2012
AOR Received.
FEB 2012
File Transfer...
FEB 2012
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
03-04-2014
Interview........
18-03-2014
Passport Req..
18-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014 (SHUKAR HAI KHUDA KA)
Hi, I am from Pakistan

My husband sponsored me and the status is

Decision made on Sponsorship Application Status. The details are:

1)We received your application to sponsor (Applicant Name) on January 10, 2012.
2) We sent you a letter on February 28, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

And under Permanent Application Status is:
1) We received (Applicant name) application for permanent residence on January 10, 2012.

And my Husband received original Educational documents from case processing pilot Ottawa on August 13, 2013

Can anybody please tell me what is the next step after this. Thank you :)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
miyyal said:
Hi, I am from Pakistan

My husband sponsored me and the status is

Decision made on Sponsorship Application Status. The details are:

1)We received your application to sponsor (Applicant Name) on January 10, 2012.
2) We sent you a letter on February 28, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

And under Permanent Application Status is:
1) We received (Applicant name) application for permanent residence on January 10, 2012.

And my Husband received original Educational documents from case processing pilot Ottawa on August 13, 2013

Can anybody please tell me what is the next step after this. Thank you :)
To date, you have asked this same question 13 times in different threads... :eek: And, it has been answered multiple times.... ::)

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
New Police Cert. 11-02-2014
AOR Received.
Sponsor Approval 19-02-2014
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
January 22, 2015 - Vienna - FAILED - Appealing.
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
CapeCanadian said:
Hi Angie,
Yes, you can do the medicals prior to submitting the application and would advise to do so. You do not need an ID. As of last month in the country I am doing it from (South Africa) it is done be electronic filing and they are matched up to your application. The doctor will give you proof that it has been completed which you put in your application package.
Thank you CC!!!

DJC_06

Oct 30, 2013
Japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-2014
Med's Done....
Received.
Happy Halloween!

I am a Canadian citizen living in Japan. I am working on sponsoring my wife (married in Japan) for her visa however I am confused. I hope to return to Canada to go to grad school this coming September, 2014.
- if I don't receive acceptance until April for school should I wait until then to apply? (Criminal record checks expire after 3 months for example)
- We have enough savings between the two of us to live for 3 years without working. Is this enough to satisfy the immigration authorities in terms of "having a plan" or being capable of supporting ourselves? We also have work history between us and intend to work. Do I really need to wait for acceptance?
- If the visa doesn't come through before I move back for grad school can my wife come with me? Can we do anything to enable her to work while waiting? (She has already used her working holiday visa).

We are really confused about the timing of the application due to my grad school application. Any help would be very much appreciated.

komies

Oct 31, 2013
Happy Halloween, everyone!

I've been lurking for a while trying to find answers to my questions, but seem to be just as confused as ever, so I'm hoping y'all can help me :D

I am an American citizen living in AB, here on a temporary residence extension. I moved here in January and married my longtime boyfriend (a Canadian citizen) in April, so my now-husband will be sponsoring me. I went today to get fingerprinted (for the Canadian BG check and to request the bg check from the FBI), but I am a little confused about what steps we'll be taking after we get back the bg checks and mail in our PR forms. I have a few specific questions, but would appreciate any advice available!

-When will I be able to apply for healthcare?
-My husband tells me that once my PR application has been marked as received I'll be in a state of pending residency and able to leave the country again (technically, I could leave the country right now, but I don't think I'd get back in!). He seems kind of confused about the whole thing so I was hoping someone could elaborate- I really miss my family and friends back in the states, but want to make sure I don't end up stuck there.
-Is there anything I can do to expedite the process? I thought I saw someone mention being able to get a medical check beforehand- if I do this, how do I find a doctor's office that does them, and how do I request one? How much does it usually cost?
-I'm guessing his sponsorship will have to be approved first, even if that and my PR are submitted at the same time- how long does that usually take, and how much longer after that will it take for my application to be marked as officially processing?

Thanks for any advice you guys can give me. :)

maulikinjal

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23, 2014
AOR Received.
SA Recieved: August 19th 2014
Med's Request
IN PROCESS: January 2nd 2015
Med's Done....
June 15th, 2014
Interview........
DM: February 17th, 2015
Passport Req..
February 13th, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 23rd,2015
maulikinjal said:
Hi People,

I am permanent resident of Canada. I want to sponsor my wife who is back home. I have some questions. Please reply them as soon as possible.

1) There are 2 types of forms; (a) immigration forms (6 forms) and (b) sponsorship forms (5 forms) so my question is immigration forms are to be fill by my wife and sponsorship forms are to be filled by me?

2) In the form IMM0008ENU (Immigration Form) does my wife have to fill anything in dependent category? as in my details?

Please do the needful.
Hi Friends

Please reply to my post.

I think scylla replied me but i can't see it in forum. please inbox me if you can.

your help is really appreciated.

Thanks.